Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

October accommodation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Been checking out the prices for the October break found some great deals on Melia.

Sol House Mallorca (old Trinidad) which has just popped up after I have tried to get the prices for two days is coming in at £175.19 ROOM ONLY thats a pay now deal though which is not bad because of the exchange rate, if you leave it until you get there the rate might be poor. We really like this hotel been twice now £165 if I use my points so that is now top of the list for me.

BUT

Katmandu B&B is £202.94 with the free use of everything, golf the rides the lot all included I can get this for £192 using my points .

£30 more but with breakfast and golf etc every day thrown in its a good deal. So it comes down to will I use the golf/ rides and breakfast or just chillax and save £30 lol.

Gaudalupe B&B £192.73 with my points off £182.73

If its really cheap your looking for then the Sol Lunamar Apartamentos is coming in at £138.60 or £115.41

Above prices are per couple for 4 nights.

I have looked at other places, cheap apartments etc and nothing seems to get near melia for value.

One thing I will say thats disgusting me about all these hotel sites is they are not mentioning the new eco tax rate which has doubled since last year but they are showing last years rate so just be aware of that.

Last edited by Daryn on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Has a final definite figure come out yet for the 2018 (peak) season tourist tax? I heard it was doubling from last year, I also heard it was €1 per star rating of the hotel, so that's €4 a night at most places, also if that's for each person!! affraid that'll be €32 to pay on arrival for a 4 night break! Yowser... mad
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Got the flights booked but no accommodation as of yet. Will let you know the prices for Palma Nova Bay where we normally stay.

Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 4:17 pm

I tried to find the answer to the eco rate yesterday to place it on here but couldnt get it anywhere only found lots of sites saying it had doubled but from November to March it had not changed from last years rate.

This site says it has doubled https://www.abc-mallorca.com/balearic-tourist-tax-doubles/

I cant even see anything in Majorca Bulletin

I think they are all clubbing together to keep it quiet but I think next year when everyone gets the shock of the added cost Majorca will suffer. Greece as well they have a tourist tax. My mate went to Greece last year and said he could not believe the prices of eating and drinking out, he said they are struggling for tourist yet have put all the prices up sky high.

Its disgusting I cant even find the true cost for this year on TUI, Jet2 etc

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 pm

The Melia site, booking direct, on the very last page, says that between €1 - €2 pp, pn, is payable locally, at check in, depending on the star rating. That seems like 2017 prices to me? It also says that it's half the cost if winter rates apply blah blah and gives the applicable winter dates season.

But if no one has booked yet, how about going to Cala D'or this year? Sol Cala D'or apartments are a daft £17.65 per night self catering?
For us, at just 3 nights stay, that's a total of £52.95!! That comes with free cancellation as well.

If it's going to be Palmanova/Magaluf, then there's several Sol hotels coming in at £200 ish depending on board basis, as Daryn has found out.

I can get 3 nights at Ca's Saboners s/c for €188 as another option.

I take it Daryn, that you are clicking the 'my promotions' on the Melia site, it's a drop down box on your name once you've signed in? You can get a further 20% discount code from there.

Think I'd like an answer soon. I like the Cala D'or idea but the cost of the transfers would mean it's not much difference to me if we just book Saboners.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:25 pm

I went to reserve the Saboners booking, it's a non refundable rate and payable now. It's also saying that there's a €3.30 tourist tax (inc tax on the tax lol) per person, per night, charge to pay on arrival.
But that will be the same everywhere so just be aware that there's approx €20 to pay on arrival per couple.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Oh I've booked Saboners now, it said only 4 rooms left at that rate so didn't want to take the chance, it's about £165 at current exchange rate so I went for it, can't see any of us going to Cala D'or and also we aren't actually going to Mallorca this year (as of yet) so we would deffo want to go to PN for a 3 nighter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am

I think Cala Dor will be dead at that time of year but I always fancied taking a look at that place. Like you say though transfers, its along way to go.

SOL HOUSE MALLORCA £165 R/O

The one in Cala Dor £65 for 2 people crazy lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 pm

From a transfers POV, Vanrell will hire a type B car for 3 nights for €85. Add an extra day for you obviously.
But considering a taxi transfer to PN or Maga is about €80, well then Cala D'or could be done for about the same price, bit of petrol to pay obviously.

But have booked Saboners now lol cheers

We're planning on getting the airport bus for €5.50 each for our transfer to Saboners (and back to the airport) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Mark - you just had a really long conversation with yourself......and talked yourself back in to Saboners...

lolol
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 11:53 pm

I thought there was an echo... rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Im thinking of trying that new hotel out on the Jamaica site, its coming up at £50 a night for the two of us, £25 each but TBH it doesnt seem to have a enclosed pool area, its all up on the top and doesnt look very big. Not that I use it mind but the outside just doesnt look as nice a place to sit and have a drink as other hotels, all looks too open to me.

Is it just me that thinks like this, these hotels although have improved alot over the years I just think they look too clinical, by that I mean no greenery to soften it all up concrete, paving it looks I dont know how to explain it just does not look inviting. Look at Sol Wave House, Sol Barbados etc concrete city

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 am

Yes mate I agree, not too big an issue for just a flying visit but for a week or so I want the greenery as well.
Have you ever seriously looked at Saboners? It's a reasonable mix of the above.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 8:55 am

Ive stayed there a few times Mark, crikey the first time must have been about 15 years ago. I stayed at the place next door as well Viva Palma Nova, the posh apartments thats about the best place Ive stayed in that area but its way to much money now

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 am

Do a few more taxi runs to the Airport mate lol.

Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Nook I'm retired lol

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 1:26 pm

My name is Cook not Nook mate lol.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 pm

Yeah the Viva is now part of the Zafiro group and their top floor penthouses have got their own jacuzzis on the patio/balcony.

They look well good.

But the £3,000 a week price tag doesn't look too good lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Mark wrote:
Yes mate I agree, not too big an issue for just a flying visit but for a week or so I want the greenery as well.

Been on Saboners direct, 4 nights €414 no chance lol that new hotel on the Jamaica site in Magaluf £204 free cancellation best upto now for us but Im still looking

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Take a yucca tree with you mate lol.

Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Just booked the new hotel in Magaluf, Hotel Calvia Beach - The Plaza on the old Jamaica site.

Melia has 40% off for the last few days now so I had a look used the points I had and got the room for £177 for the two of us for 4 nights free cancellation should I find something better.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 pm

I don't think that you will get better than that matey boy, but still take that yucca for a bit of greenery lol.

Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:44 pm

I know, gonna take my tomato plant hehehe. Couldnt get a better deal than that anywhere, tried older apartments and hotels just couldnt get anywhere near the price.

Probably still a building site lol pale

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 5:44 pm

And its even closer to the piano bar lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 6:25 am

Daryn wrote:
Mark wrote:

Been on Saboners direct, 4 nights €414 no chance lol that new hotel on the Jamaica site in Magaluf £204 free cancellation best upto now for us but Im still looking

Wow their prices have gone up, we paid €188 (which converted to £165) for our 3 nights in October at Saboners.

Sounds like a good deal to the new Calvia Beach Plaza though mate, gives us all a chance to have a look around Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

October accommodation. _
PostSubject: Re: October accommodation.   October accommodation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October accommodation.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com