Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

apartments to rent in mallorca

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chelsearo

apartments to rent in mallorca _
PostSubject: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 12:14 pm

As some of you may be aware, the authorities have put a clamp done on apartments that are rented out to holiday makers.

Without a licence, it is deemed illegal and can attract massive fines if caught.

Apparently, it has always been illegal but is only now being enforced (probably due to the hoteliers lobbying).

This has come as good news to locals who have been priced out of the long term rental market, I understand this.

However a lot of people over the last 30 years bought apartments (in good faith) to rent out and subsidize any mortgage or cost associated with their holiday home.

I also think that a lot of people that would rather stay in an apartment rather than a hotel will simply go elsewhere, thus local jobs being lost anyway.

I would have liked to think a healthy balance would be the ideal, but hey ho!

What do you think of this Dads?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 am

My short term view on it Ro is that once again the Spanish (Mallorcan) junta have shot themselves and their citizens in the foot.
Plenty of land out there to build more houses/flats on, and if they are built not 'on the beach', then they won't have the same tourist investment appeal, and the locals can take their pick.
The solution certainly isn't to send people to Benidorm instead of Mallorca! Or anywhere else really. Some great deals on apartments in Crete for next year.
Look out, here comes a Spanish mini recession Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 am

I don't think that most of the Mallorcans know the phrase, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." sad

PostSubject: Re: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am

Mark and Mick, spot on.

Yes I understand you need to have properties that the locals can rent at fair prices but completly dismissing the tourist rentals is just plain daft.

I expect to see a lot of empty apartments next year
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 am

Yep its a shame \i can see a recession coming too at this rate. They dont seem to understand the only reason they have had a bumper couple of years is because of terrorist threats in the muslim countries and people wont take a chance. Our friends have been to Croatia for a change and they loved the place and said Spain has lost its appeal these days.

I think we need to broaden our horizons and try somewhere else although Europe is getting more and more expensive. Debbie fancies Mexico and has done for a while, I fancy Switzerland or something completely different such as the Galapagos Islands. Benidorm it is then lol

4thforum

4thforum

PostSubject: Re: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 11:15 pm

agree wholeheartedly with all the above
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: apartments to rent in mallorca   apartments to rent in mallorca Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

apartments to rent in mallorca

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com