Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 _
PostSubject: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 am

I believe Nanny Jen has been here a few times on her trips to the Costa del Sol, this area is known as Plaza Espana or Fountain Square in Arroyo de la Miel. We both were desperate for some tapas, so we sat at this cafe bar. We ordered a bottle of house white wine, sprite as a spritzer for Becky, Chirizo al Inferno  scratch , Gambas Pil Pil, Potatas Brava, meat balls in sauce & fried Aubergine Dumplings in a sauce.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1332
This is the Chirizo Inferno, the porcelain pig had 99% spirit & 1% water in it, & this is what Becky had to do.....
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1331
The Waiter set fire to it & she had to turn the Chirizo to cook it.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1333
This is all the Tapas that we ordered, makes my mouth water just looking at it again.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1334
The bill as you can see, came to a very reasonable just over 20 euro, great value we thought for what we had.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1335
Well the wine had kicked in  drunk  & Becky was still wanting more prawns, so we went to another Restaurant called Casa Rafael.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1442
We ordered the prawns & I ordered more Chirizo, already cooked this time.  clever The Waiter talked about cod but we were not sure what he was on about, until we had finished, & he brought us the biggest cod fillet we had ever seen, unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of it.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1336
We had a coffee each & asked for the bill, just over 34 euro.  fainting That was a lesson not to drink too much.  Embarassed
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1337
This is a photo of 24 hour square, leading to the Marina.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1338
Heading down to the marina.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1339
The roundabout by the beach & marina.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1340
The beach which was very busy with a college event going on.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1341
A Sealife Centre was in the marina as well.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1342
Some photo's in & around the marina.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1344
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1346
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1350
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1343
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1345
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1351
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1347
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1348
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1349
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1359
Some of the boats in the marina.
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1352
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1353
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1355
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1354
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1357
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1356
A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Img_1358

TBC, Part 2 including Montemar/Torremolinos, my 1st bar I almost bought, Paloma Park, our fish dinner, & a couple of friendly Spanish animals.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Them photos bring back so many memories for me as we stayed just along from the marina and its where our Kate learnt to walk on her own for the very first time. The hotel was the Aloha Puerto and a few bars we used to enjoy was Mulligans and a one across the road from the hotel, I cant remember its name but just looked on google maps and its now called Rose and Crown but I cant remember if thats what it was called then. Obviously them days with a baby things were alot more low key lol.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 5:48 pm

I would definitely recommend another holiday here Daryn, a lot would have changed in certain areas mate. Thumsup

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 5:54 pm

I went back once on a 3 night break stayed in the main town but ventured down to the harbour. Not sure why but its just not for me tbh although if a really cheapy came along I would go

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Interesting mate, why was that do you think?

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 10:19 am

A nice selection of pics mate, I too have been to most of these haunts on various visits. I like it there too but it's quite spaced out/apart of of it, a lot of walking.
So, was that Chorizo inferno, extra spicy? Or just normal? Trying to get whether the 'inferno' relates to the cooking method or the taste.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Mark wrote:
A nice selection of pics mate, I too have been to most of these haunts on various visits. I like it there too but it's quite spaced out/apart of of it, a lot of walking.
So, was that Chorizo inferno, extra spicy? Or just normal? Trying to get whether the 'inferno' relates to the cooking method or the taste.

I agree with that Mark, I would say that a car is a must to get out & about. But if you just use the Renfe Train route, ie Malaga to Fuengirola, then that is well worth it.

The Inferno was just for the fire in the ceramic pig mate, it was normal Chirizo tasting, if you know what I mean.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 1:27 pm

yes looks a nice place Mick, repped
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Yes I do know. Wink

Our favourite pasta meal at the mo is a Tesco chorizo one, we use the Dolmio tomato and pepper stir in mix with it, and garlic bread, yum yum Eat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1   A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few more photo's of Benalmadena & Arroyo, memories for Nanny Jen Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: SPAIN RESORT REVIEWS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com