Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Masca Walk, Tenerife

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
4thforum

4thforum

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4610

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4614

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4613

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4611

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4612

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4615

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4616

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4617

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4619

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4618

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4620

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4621

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4622

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4623

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4624

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4625

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4627

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4626

Masca Walk, Tenerife Dscf4628

Last edited by 4thforum on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 10:52 pm

Whoever said it's a walk is a lying bar steward. Climbing over/under boulders. At least 3 times a minute, you would have a 2 foot drop to jump down. Not a place to be if you are carrying any excess weight. My knees were screaming by the end. 3 hours and 15 minutes it took us. And after 5 min, I gave up holding the camera in one hand, too dangerous if you fell. Not that you could get any good photos anyway as the walls are so high, you can't get any perspective. I'd say it might be nicer in winter when it's greener. I've also heard that while longer time wise, its much easier going from the bottom up.

Last edited by 4thforum on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks for posting Dermo, where is the start and end of that on the Island?
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 pm

http://tinyurl.com/hyysje3

This is a link to the map Mark. The drive from Santiago del Teide to Masca ( about 5km), is like an alpine pass except the road is VERY narrow. Its actually serviced by public bus which makes for great fun if you happen to meet it coming against you pale pale pale . Masca village was only reached by road since the 60's and was only electrified in the 70's. It is supposed to be a pirates getaway village , much like the fabled "hole in the wall" in the U.S. and only accessible by the barranco. I think this is rubbish. Why would anyone spend 5 hours hiking uphill on slippy ground with boulders , landslides etc etc? Doesn't make sense to me scratch scratch We got a taxi to it from Puerto Santiago ( 25 euro) and a boat back to Los Gigantes harbour ( 10 euro).

Masca Walk, Tenerife 9k=

Masca Walk, Tenerife 2Q==
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 pm

rep from me dermo, looks the tenerife equivalent to the Samaria Gorge
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:15 pm

I actually did the Samaria Gorge in 1998 Del. From what I can remember, I didn't find it anywhere near as tough as this one. Mind you I was nearly 20 years younger.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:42 pm

Repped from me amazing views thanks for sharing

Erminigild

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 am

I'm really into hiking so I decided to search some places I've never been before and this actually got my attention. I found an article to a place in Spain called Canary Island canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/tenerife/places/masca/ and many people have been going here to hike. Actually, the place has many activities to offer like water sports and trekking, I was planning to make a trip here next year to experience the island myself, Do you guys have any suggestions or advice
regarding to the place? It would be a great help. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Ive stayed in Tenerife alot over the last few years and I love the place. Last year we stayed in Los Cristianos, right at the far end of the resort. Just walking from there through to Costa Edeje is a great walk, its not climbing up rugged cliffs but it can take a very long time to do the trip. I had to get the bus back I was soaking at the end of the walk.

I done a review of the whole walk a few years back. You can see it here https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t3697-canary-islandstenerife-a-walk-through-from-los-cristianos-to-costa-adeje

If you go to this link https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/f426-resort-review-section you will see many more reviews of places in Tenerife such as a leper colony, mount teide both done by 4thforum plus many more including zoos etc

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:10 pm

rep from me Dermot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Masca Walk, Tenerife _
PostSubject: Re: Masca Walk, Tenerife   Masca Walk, Tenerife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Masca Walk, Tenerife

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CANARY ISLANDS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com