Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ryanair winter fights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 9:58 am

Daily bulleten - Ryanair have said they will be flying to Majorca from Scotland twice a week over the winter months I just hope the tourists find somewhere open lol.

http://majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2016/02/23/43028/scotland-winter-flights.html

chelsearo

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:41 am

Daryn, yea I read this.

I think it is good news as i hear a lot of people asking for the flights.

If people start flying over there, things will open I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 11:45 pm

I'm not sure it's affected Ryanair, but the likes of Easyjet and Monarch have suddenly got spare capacity as they are now not flying to Sharm and Tunisia, so are looking for new routes.
Daft to think that Majorca used to have a full blown winter season barely 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:11 am

The island offers year round activities, why oh why don't they promote it as much as they should?!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 12:14 pm

It has snowed in March and for many people the weather just doesn't make it an all year round holiday destination other than a city break
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 1:05 pm

Got to say we have been over their early in the year and the weather has been terrible infact it was better in the UK. I cannot see the use in paying to travel over there if the weather is hitty missy may as well go to places in the UK and save the flight, transfer, car park money. On top of that the resorts are dead apart from Palma.

Adding to this I read that employees work over the summer and get money back in the winter when the work stops why would they want to work all year round TBH if this is the case. Im not sure what sort of pay/percentage they get but I believe this has been a major problem now so hotels are shut.

Im not sure here either but I think I read that the employers have to pay their employees a percentage over the winter months which is cheaper than having a business open and running for nothing, I could be wrong though. Maybe someone else can tell us what goes on and put me right.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Well I think I mentioned it before, but going to Tenerife in April has cost us the same as going to Majorca. As you rightly point out, the weather is most definitly a factor, so it's a no brainer really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ryanair winter fights _
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair winter fights   Ryanair winter fights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryanair winter fights

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com