Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyH

HappyH

Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum _
PostSubject: Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum   Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Can't recommend Dreams House Museum enough. Found it on TA before we went & had it in mind to go if it was too hot (to get out of the sun for a while) or maybe raining. Well worth a visit for an hour or two, 6 euros entry & kids under a metre tall free. Can re-visit with your original ticket if you want. Situated on an industrial estate between Caleta de Fuste & the Airport.
The owner is a fascinating guy & since we were the only visitors during our time there we had a free guided tour. He's Italian but speaks Spanish, French & German. Said English was his weakest foreign language but still better than mine Wink

It's basically a Toy museum, 5000 items on display but he's got 3000 more under the tables he's no room to put on show. The building looks like an aircraft hangar about the size of a 5-a-side pitch (750 square metres??). The photos & my description don't do it justice though it's one of those places you really need to visit to appreciate. Well worth a visit if you have kids or want to re-live your childhood.

Some photos: the 'hangar'
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20hangar_zpshqoascya

the owner shows us one of his model train displays
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20owner_zpsm6iqgrge

Some of his ships, Fire Brigade models, Harry Potter & a close-up of a toy soldier
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20ships_zpscqyelv0x
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20fire%20brigade_zpsnbcq81zv
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20Harry%20Potter_zpskvovy1in
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20soldier_zpsw9lov8z1

I know it sounds as though I've probably over-egged this place as it's basically a toy collection but there's postcard collections, miniature books etc loads of variety. I've kept my favourite to last though, the owner showed us a photo on his mobile of an Italian car garage which he'd personally built a model of & was obviously proud of.
Model Italian garage
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20garage_zps6gcgryts
close up of the back shelf from the model above. If you notice the scissors or the spanner on there they fit on the top of your pinky, hand-made by the owner, the detail is outstanding.
Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Dream%20House%20Museum%20garage%20close%20up_zpspfep9a8c

Photos were only taken on my phone, apologies if any ain't too good it's the camera on the phone's fault not the models ner-ner

Huge thumbs-up from us Thumsup clap Thumsup  cheers  Thumsup

HH.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum   Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 7:15 pm

That is different HH, but very interesting mate, repped.

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum   Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 6:14 pm

No I'd have liked that too HH, thanks for sharing mate Thumsup

repped
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum   Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuerteventura, Dreams House Museum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CANARY ISLANDS-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com