Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Bit of Irish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
4thforum

4thforum

Bit of Irish _
PostSubject: Bit of Irish   Bit of Irish Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:11 pm

This is brilliant. Performed at the Royal Albert Hall with the President of Ireland and the Duchess of Kent ( I think) in attendance. It is all Irish Musician ( or those with Irish heritage). You guys will recognise elvis Costello, Imelda May, Paul Brady, Glen Hansard ( he of the Oscar winning "Falling Slowly" and also played Outspan in the Committments). The rest are legendary members of the folk scene both here and the UK. TURN IT UP LOUD!! I'll guarantee you'll be swaying and clapping along. If you don't, there is something wrong with you!! ner-ner

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Bit of Irish _
PostSubject: Re: Bit of Irish   Bit of Irish Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 pm

It's the same song all the way through lol!
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Bit of Irish _
PostSubject: Re: Bit of Irish   Bit of Irish Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Thats correct though the last verses were made up. I met Glen Hansard a few times before he was famous. He lived in the flat downstairs from eileen's in Dublin. Can remember him with the guitar out belting out songs at some of the parties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bit of Irish _
PostSubject: Re: Bit of Irish   Bit of Irish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bit of Irish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: MUSIC SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com