Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries _
PostSubject: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:54 pm

As Mark had mentioned in his May thread, this restaurant used to be called Los Curries, which has now moved further along in Palma Nova heading up the road to the motorway near the little harbour. Well back to the Haweli, they had a massive board outside with a vast range of curries to suit everybody.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 03910
Becky  Heart posing on the way up to the Restaurant.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04010
Our stunning view over Palma Nova Bay looking towards Palma City from our table.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04110
Our starter of 4 poppadoms with 3 assorted dips of mango chutney, mint raita & spicy onion relish.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04210
Becky  blowkiss awaiting to eat her starter.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04410
Me waiting for my main dish.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04310
Our main dish consisted of Lamb Karahi, Chicken Karahi, Pilau Rice, Mushroom Rice & a Garlic Naan Bread.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04510
Becky's Lamb Karahi.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04710
My Chicken Karahi.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04610
The bill which came to just under 46 euro's, about £34, was good value, excellent food & great service, definitely we would both recommend this place.
Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries 04810

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Looks really lovely and so does the food wow repped

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Nice one mate, glad you ate there, a few Q's:

Did the food taste the same as before when it was Los Curries?

How hot was the Karahi? Compare it to say Balti? Jalfrezi, madras?

I thought that was a little pricey tbh? £36 roughly for 2 curries/rices essentially? Jan and I would probably have had one curry and one rice between us, but with more side dishes, like Sag aloo, onion bhajees... were they expensive the side dishes?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Daryn wrote:
Looks really lovely and so does the food wow repped

Cheers mate, I think. scratch

lol! lol! lol! lol!

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 10:31 pm

Mark wrote:
Nice one mate, glad you ate there, a few Q's:

Did the food taste the same as before when it was Los Curries?

How hot was the Karahi? Compare it to say Balti? Jalfrezi, madras?

I thought that was a little pricey tbh? £36 roughly for 2 curries/rices essentially? Jan and I would probably have had one curry and one rice between us, but with more side dishes, like Sag aloo, onion bhajees... were they expensive the side dishes?

The food tasted as good if not better Mark, as you can see from the photo's, plenty of lamb for Becks & plenty of chicken for me. Thumsup

We didn't ask for the Karahi to be too hot, as we were both feeling a bit dehydrated from the very hot day earlier. hot

We had 2 water & 2 cola for drinks, because of the dehydration, which came to 11 euro's of the bill, which is just under a tenner. So for the meal, of 4 poppadoms, plus dips, 2 main dishes, 2 rices, & a naan for about £26 when you break it down, seemed ok to us. The saag aloo, looking at the outside board menu was about 6.95 euros Mark, but you could get onion bhajee starters for about 1. 50 euro's. A little dearer than we would pay at home TBH Mark, but the view of the Med, added a few bob to the bill mate. clever

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:06 am

Cheers mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries   Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haweli Indian Restaurant formerly Los Curries

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com