Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyH

HappyH

View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? _
PostSubject: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Not sure if anybody else sees this issue so bear with me. When I visit the forum I log in & press 'View posts since last visit' . For example sake say there's 5 threads with New posts in them. I read the first one & then go back (normally using back in Chrome, same on Safari browser too). Other forums I visit Embarassed would have the 4 threads I haven't looked at yet but on here it will say no new posts. Then I need to go through each section if I want to make sure I haven't missed any posts.
Anything simple you can think of (maybe a forum setting or flag?) that ensures the forum 'knows' I've still got 4 threads to check.
No problem if there's nothing obvious you could change without screwing up everybody else Daryn Very Happy
Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Ive had several issues myself in the past with this and I have found changing search engine or clearing cache files but doing this obviously makes you lose all the history so you wont get any last posts until someone posts again.

Once you read a forum try clicking on home instead of clicking back and see what happens, let us know

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 pm

HH, instead of using the back button, I go back to the 'home' page, and click again on the 'view posts since last visit', and then, in your example, there would be 4 red posts and one yellow post showing.

Quite handy when the new posts are in different sections this facility.
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Hmmmmmm, looked as though it worked but then not. There were 4 threads with new posts when I checked just there. Came to this thread first, read posts #2 & #3 so tried the 'Home' --> 'View posts since last visit' & still said 4 threads with unread posts (Not sure about the red/yellow though, didn't notice Embarassed ). Better but should have only been 3 threads? Looked at Nicky's Taxi Transfer thread & pressed 'Home' --> 'View posts since last visit' & said there are no unread posts this time, strange Shocked

Please don't be spending a lot of time on this, not a huge issue, just thought I'd mention it.

Not really sure how changing search engine would help but I'll try clearing the cache & check again tomorrow and post back.

Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 11:59 pm

The different search engines use their own cookies (I think) so using one might give you a different result. Ive used sites and found one site might not work very well using say chrome. Sticking ,buffering adding things etc, Ive then tried MSN and it works great.

I know I have had to delete google chrome once and reinstall it for it to work again.

I would clear the search history and the cache files and try that first

HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Looks good so far using the 'Home' --> 'View posts since last visit' technique, even the yellow/red (I remembered to look). Hopefully works long term as long as I discipline myself to use the forum that way rather than my lazy way.
Thanks again chaps, rep added to both of you.
Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 2:05 pm

HappyH wrote:
Looks good so far using the 'Home' --> 'View posts since last visit' technique, even the yellow/red (I remembered to look). Hopefully works long term as long as I discipline myself to use the forum that way rather than my lazy way.
Thanks again chaps, rep added to both of you.
Cheers HH.

Didn't work yesterday or today. Maybe my machine's cache needs cleared regularly for this site?
HH.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Not sure HH. It's a bit of a pain having to go through all the posts without the 'new posts' bit as a guide, thats for sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:02 pm

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure what is going on mate.

Go into google chrome settings, scroll to the bottom of the setting page then click on Show advanced settings...
Scroll to the bottom of that page and click on reset setting under the Restore settings to their original defaults.

It might work might not, if it doesn't I would uninstall chrome then reinstall it, this has worked for me in the past

HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 am

OK, just tried resetting Chrome as you suggested Daryn will see how it goes. I see the same issue using Safari browser though??
Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Now just for a little spin on this over the last couple of days Ive noticed the red suns are not lighting up to show me posts I have not read. Just got to look at the dates and times GRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?   View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View posts since last visit for Daryn I guess?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA FORUM :: SUGGESTIONS & PROBLEMS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com