Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Panasonic deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 12:53 pm

This seems like an amazing deal guys?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-LZ40EB-K-Bridge-Camera-20-1MP-42x-Optic-Zoom-iA-Mode-Black-/191490924755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c95bfa0d3

Considering that 'the next one up' is £600.00 more?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-FZ1000EB-Bridge-Camera-20-1MP-16x-Optic-Zoom-4K-Video-Record-/191453935414?
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 3:39 pm

This is the one I bought April 2013 Mark. I find it absolutely brilliant save for taking shots of fast moving objects ( there is an autofocus that I can't seem to find the turn off button). I would highly recommend it. It has got me so interested in photography that I'm going to purchase a "proper" camera and do a photography course in the near future.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-S8650-Bridge-Digital-Camera/dp/B00P99S84W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422113750&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+finepix+s
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 4:35 pm

yes i keep looking at the Nikon D7100 but the price is too much at the moment, I have old Nikon lens but I don't think they fit the new cameras as the new lens seem to have digital contacts on the edges of them
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:02 pm

wow,that's one helluva zoom.can you use the full zoom without a tripod forth !,or is camera shake very low.

i have the nikon d7100 del,lovely camera.i'm not skilled enough to use it properly yet,like forth im waiting to join a camera club to be able to learn a bit/lot more.

i must say it is a bit heavt though,fine for normal use but hard work on a long slog over the welsh mountains,still swear by my little lumix tz40 for that.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

not had a feel of it yet Yozef and still might change my mind when having a sortie to camara shop but have been reading about it and is obe that is recommended by our camera club which i thinking of joining this year
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:09 pm

I find im going out on holiday with the sole purposes of taking pictures and that may be the beast but will always have the tz30 in my pocket for general purpose stuff. However, that price of the D7100 is a big draw back and would really need to be able to use it properly to justify it
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:15 pm

i know what your saying del.

i bought mine and have hardly used it,was going to join a club the other day but have 10 weeks of nights coming up so that is on hold for now.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 6:18 pm

do you think you will be pleased with it in the end Yosef , are you happy with the general photos on the button press
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm

4thforum wrote:
This is the one I bought April 2013 Mark. I find it absolutely brilliant save for taking shots of fast moving objects ( there is an autofocus that I can't seem to find the turn off button). I would highly recommend it. It has got me so interested in photography that I'm going to purchase a "proper" camera and do a photography course in the near future.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-S8650-Bridge-Digital-Camera/dp/B00P99S84W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422113750&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+finepix+s

Nice one Dermo, doesn't seem too much in it spec wise though? I mean comparison with the one in the OP.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:06 pm

yozef wrote:
wow,that's one helluva zoom. can you use the full zoom without a tripod forth !,or is camera shake very low.

Err, the zoom on the Panasonic in my link is 42 x, Dermos one is 36 x ...

I thought it might be a mistake / mis-print really that size zoom. That's equivalent to about 900 on the old scale of zoom lens.

It boasts Optical Image Stabilisation Ian for the extra long zoom shots. Proof will be in the pudding though.
But what really caught my eye was 22 mm wide angle. That's fierce!

All for £99...? Hmmm, I don't *need* a new camera, but am really tempted by that... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:13 pm

I think that £99 might be refurbished Mark, they are in Curry's etc for £139
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah it says that it's a refurb Del. Refurbed by Panasonic though.

I've just been skimming through the various reviews on camera sites, seems ok but they are a bit 'look down their noses' at Bridge cameras because they are more into top line photography.
If the truth was known I'm still happy with my TZ8, does everything I want a camera to do really.

Haven't even checked my new phone out yet! That has an amazing 16 mg pixel camera on the front, also has panorama facility I spotted. But not checked it out yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Panasonic deal _
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic deal   Panasonic deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panasonic deal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com