Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort _
PostSubject: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Quite interesting.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Well its certainly interesting but I cant see how a name change and a few melia hotels being revamped is going to change what Magaluf represents.

They would have to change everything, pull down buildings, tear up Punta Ballena I just cannot see it being done but we will see.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:04 am

I found it hilarious rolling laughing

So one sided it was beyond belief. Pure propaganda. Why show Cala Vinyes beach as being Magaluf? At about 5 mins he said Magaluf is the best beach in Calvia, then then showed a pic of Palmanova (son mat) beach! lol!
A generous injection of Palma Marina pics as well Very Happy

And Fecking Turtle snorkelling?? rolling laughing rolling laughing

But the clue I picked up from that was that a hotel is to be 'rebuilt'... that must mean that the old Sol Jamaica is finally going to be demolished.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:05 am

Rep for posting btw Mick Thumsup
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:49 am

And this was in the bulletin this morning

Editorial: The end of Punta Ballena?
By Jason Moore

THE days of Calle Punta Ballena, in its present form, in Magalluf are over if the Balearic Minister for Tourism, Jaime Matinez, is to be believed. Martinez, speaking on the new promotional video for the Calvia Beach development, clearly underlines the fact that Calle Punta Ballena is not fit for purpose and its days are numbered as a result of new, more up-market developments which are in the process of being built. Magalluf, believe it or not, is being taken up-market at speed and by 2016 new hotels and attractions will have been completed. Now, obviously this is a step in the right direction but I would like to know what is going to happen to all the bars, nightclubs, restaurants, tattoo parlours, etc in Calle Punta Ballena once this grand more up-market Magalluf project is completed? Is it the end of the line for them? Well Isincerely doubt it, in truth. I think there is going to be a long transition process but in the end Magalluf will attract more so-called “up-market tourists” but it could take many years. The Melia Hotel Group, which is behind the Calvia Beach project, is spending vast sums of money on their hotels in Magalluf. The founder of the Palma-based hotel chain, Gabriel Escarrer, made his thoughts on Calle Punta Ballena very clear last summer when he said that it tarnished the image of the resort. The writing appears to be on the wall but I think there is going to be a big battle between those who like Magalluf how it is and those who want change.

So, who knows, I have always said that Maga has place, but maybe just needs to curb it a bit.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:19 am

If you go back to the original plans, the melia hotels were all going to be linked together, I would guess as AI's as the rich clientele that they wish to attract won't want to go down the strip. You can see money going into the bars there will get less and not sure how they will survive.

If they disappear then other hotels are going to have to give entertainment to keep they clientele coming which would mean more AI I guess
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:28 am

We will wait & see what happens. We are all in no doubt that Magaluf/Calvia Beach needs a fresh approach/injection of funds. As has been said in the daytime, it is a wonderful looking resort, but a night with all the neon signs & all the other bad things that go on, will it become a Silk Purse instead of a Sows Ear, with apologies to previous use of this phrase, (Mark). wink

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Good luck to them. MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe they will even build the marina that was promised many years ago.

It will take along time to change the place, alot of money and alot of mess. I hope they go ahead and do it TBH its looking grubby as anything now but all my memories of the place will have to stay in my head lol.

The plan of running down into the ground so business people leave is coming together, buy whats left up at rock bottom prices.

It will be interesting to watch the place develop, what I want to know will we see it in our lifetime lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:52 pm

They will just price the teenagers/20's out of the market and they'll go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort   A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A video of the new Magaluf/Calvia Resort

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com