Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Restaurante El Mundo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyH

HappyH

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:47 pm

We ate here on the recommendation of young Sandro, one of the Animacion guys from Sol Mirlos/Tordos who said the squid here was epic. He was right. My boy loves squid so he really wanted to go, I love paella but I normally leave the squid to the side. So my OH had the fish dish of the day, Sole in a white sauce which she said was fantastic, my son had the grilled squid which were the best he'd ever had & my paella was pretty damn good, even the squid which I ate happily.
The waiter, Guti, who turned out to be the owner's son was really enthusiastic, knowledgeable & helpful, explaining that they have a 'special' fish & meat dish which changes every day. My OH obviously had the fish 'special' & we spoke to Sandro the next day to thank him for the recommendation - turned out we'd missed him in there by about 30 mins - & one of his party had the meat 'special' that night, steak in peppercorn sauce. They also said it was fantastic.
Absolutely smashing during our visit, just under €50 & worth every cent for 3 main courses & a few drinks.
Just up the street from the Prince William / Eastenders pubs.
HH.

Apologies for no photos No
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 am

Good to get the recommendation even without the pics though HH, rep from me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 am

I have eaten there once or twice a great Resto, rep from me as well HH. clap

Admin
Daryn

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am

Repped thanks for sharing this info. clap

HappyH

HappyH

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 9:15 am

Here's a wee addendum to this review while we're on holiday in Cala `N Bosch, Menorca.
Went for dinner last night, went to a bar for a couple of drinks, walking round the marina on way back to apartment hears footsteps then a tap on the shoulder. Young Sandro who was a rep in Mirlos/Tordos when we were there in Oct, working here now, on his night off saw us strolling by & ran to catch us to say hello.
Jolly decent of him, recommended us this restaurant in magalluf & never got to thank him as it was our last night so gonna go see him at his new hotel, just along the street from us, Sol Falco so still with the Sol Group.
Bloody small world.
HH
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 10:19 am

WOW all the 1000s of faces they must see yet still recognised you. Looking forward to reading all about your holiday in Menorca

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:16 pm

That's hilarious HH Very Happy

We also met Lorena that used to do the exercise stuff as a rep at the Mirlos, we met her in Correlejo Fuerteventura, - later on we met again when we was with Debs and Don, who happen to know her Mum (Marion) which gave her a puzzled look of half recognition Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Amazing story HH, thanks for sharing that with us. Thumsup

Restaurante El Mundo _
PostSubject: Re: Restaurante El Mundo   Restaurante El Mundo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Restaurante El Mundo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com