Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Porto Petro

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyH

HappyH

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Quaint wee fishing village a few km's west of Cala D'Or. We walked through it a few times on the way to Parc Natural Mondrago from Cala Egos (Cala D'Or). Very picturesque bay, some cafe / restaurants near the small marina. Cafe's we used for drink stops were pretty cheap considering their views / position, La Caracola & Creperia Del Mar are the 2 I remember, freshly squeezed orange juice seems to be the village specialty & pretty damn good it was too.

Spoke to some of our hotel staff & they had digs in Porto Petro basically cheaper than staying in Cala D'Or & within walking / cycling distance. If very quiet holidays are your thing this could be the resort for you.

Some photos taken walking round the bay towards Cala D'Or
Porto Petro IMG_0700_zps86d93d6a
Porto Petro IMG_0704_zps21a6cced
Porto Petro IMG_0705_zpsaabb2b83

HH.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 am

No beach there then HH?
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 am

Photos 1, 2 & 3 above taken from points 1, 2 & 3 on this map. There's 2 small beaches further round to the west
Porto Petro PortoPetro_zpsf372d7f1
points 4 & 5 on the map above. Point 4 is called Calo De Sa Torre, got 2 photos of it below, not the best beach I've ever seen
Porto Petro IMG_0682_zps7fc07234
Porto Petro IMG_0685_zps1027fc55

2nd beach I'm not sure if it's classed as Calo De Sa Torre too didn't notice another sign for the name, Google Maps doesn't say either. Point 5 on the map, 2 not great photos again
Porto Petro IMG_0690_zps23678717
Porto Petro IMG_0691_zpsa1d637de

Defo wouldn't be going to Porto Petro for a beach holiday mate.
HH.
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:24 am

Another of my favourite places in Mallorca.  Very Happy 

Thanks for sharing & another rep.

Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Ditto from me. I had forgotten how green Majorca can be. Repped
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Nice place by the looks of it, great photo's, another rep.  clap 

Majorca Mad
Mark

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Rep for the 2nd lot of pics mate Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Porto Petro _
PostSubject: Re: Porto Petro   Porto Petro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Porto Petro

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PORTO PETRO :: PORTO PETRO RESORT-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com