Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Our day out to Alcudia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm

San's Grand Daughter, Carolyn, Heart  was staying with her friend & family at these Apartments, The Bellevue in Alcudia.

Our day out to Alcudia Bellev10

So we set off to see her leaving Magaluf at about 7.30ish. Sleep We caught the L106 bus to Plaza de Espana in Palma, it was 3.20 euro each, why I didn't get return tickets, I don't know. hitting himself  It probably would have only have saved 20 cents each or so, but hey ho. coy  It was quite busy going through the City as people were hurrying to work etc. maddriver  But we pulled into the Bus Station, which is underground & quite amazing BTW, about 45 minutes later. So we had time for a quick coffee, before we had to catch the L351 bus to Alcudia.
Me having a walk round the Bus Station.
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1634
This time I got return tickets at a cost of 10.70 euro each, clever  which we thought was great VFM, considering the distance that we were going. cheers  So the bus set off at about 9.30, bang on time, for the journey to Alcudia. We soon got out of the City & were heading North on the Motorway, to Inca, which would be the only major stop, which was situated right next to the Train Station. Just over an hour after leaving Palma, we were in Alcudia Old Town, then 5 minutes later we were at our stop in Port d'Alcudia. We then had a 20 or so minute walk to the Apartments. We stopped off for a breakfast half way there, Eat  then headed towards the Bellevue.
There were little waterways criss crossing the place.
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1635
With bridges over them, making it very picturesque.
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1636
Me standing outside the Bellevue Apartments.
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1637
Well we met up with Carolyn & her friend Robyn, who TBH were more interested in the pool than spending time with us. roll eyes 
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1639

But Carolyn had a very novel way of drying her self off........................ME. nono 
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1640
We were talking to Robyn's Family about staying at The Bellevue. TBH, they wouldn't stop there again, as there were massive queue's for this, that & the other. So in the Main Season, it would be a night mare. eek   They also said, that the food wasn't brilliant, & the rooms could do with a refurbishment. surprised 
San with the gang.
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1641
Note the drinks on the table, morebeer  were in plastic cups, & you could only get 3 at a time, which is probably the norm? scratch  The Pool Bar is in the background to the left of the photo, & the Snack Bar, burgers, hotdogs & chips etc, is to the right through the white doors. To me, this is one of the reason's that I wouldn't do AI in Mallorca. But as I have always said, each to their own.
Well time was getting on, as we had to catch the last but one Bus back to Palma, so we said our good byes, & walked back to the Bus Stop, passing a shop with the same name as one of my Sister's, Angela. Thumsup 
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1642
San catching the last of the rays, before we boarded the Bus.
Our day out to Alcudia Img_1643
The Bus was right on time again, & we went via Alcudia Old Town, & Inca before arriving back at the Plaza Espana Bus Station, at about 7.15.
The onward bus, L106, back to Magaluf, left at about 7.45, & was absolutely packed to the rafters with people, with all seats taken & standing room only. affraid  But me being a Gentleman, wink  I gave up my seat to a lady, who was English & was very thankful for the chance for a sit down, & I found out that she was an Arsenal fan as well. blowkiss 

I would definitely use & recommend the Bus system again, as it is cheap & reliable IMO, & you can take in the sights of places that you are passing all over this wonderful Island. clap 

Admin
Daryn

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Nice little blog their Mick, we had a look around that complex when we were there a few years back, we were told from a few people that its not very nice. They had a great motor kokart track I loved that weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Nice little adventure for you anyway mate.

Have a rep buddy.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Daryn wrote:
Nice little blog their Mick, we had a look around that complex when we were there a few years back, we were told from a few people that its not very nice. They had a great motor kokart track I loved that weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Nice little adventure for you anyway mate.

Have a rep buddy.
Cheers mate. cheers  I think that the Go Kart track was about 20 euro for 1/2 hour they said. The pool area was pretty packed out when we went, so what it is like in the height of the season. affraid 

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 pm

It's a canal Shocked didn't realise they had one in Majorca
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:24 pm

I didn't like the place TBH, it was expensive and pretty boring, just my opinion. I walked all over the resort. What I didn't like was when you walked along the beach it was all residential no bars to sit outside and enjoy the view.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:26 pm

The canal type things are everywhere, they attract a lot of mozzies as well although we didn't experience any problems. A lot of marsh land close by, its a natural area and protected, this is a breeding ground for the mozzies, we were very surprised that we never heard any. The year before we went their was a lot of reports of people getting bit

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:36 pm

An enjoyable read mate, rep from me. We caught the bus back from Soller to Palma in July, only €2.80 each, mad ain't it?
I like Alcudia, the beaches are real good IMO, and the canals area is a bit like Amsterdam.

Looks like you forgot to take off your pyjamas in the 2nd pic lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh I edited the above post and now it doesn't have an orange flag, i'll delete this one after you've spotted it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our day out to Alcudia _
PostSubject: Re: Our day out to Alcudia   Our day out to Alcudia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our day out to Alcudia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAJORCA OVERVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com