Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira _
PostSubject: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Yozef told me that a mate of his from Newport, the said Johnny Hooper, plays his Saxophone in & around Albufeira. Well he has his own Bistro Bar in the town, just about 5 minutes walk from our Apartment. Thumsup
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Scan0035
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Scan0034
We met him on the Thursday at his bar, & he said that he had a night of food & music on the Friday, but alas, he was sold out, which was great for him, bravo but a shame for us. sad This is me & Johnny on the Thursday afternoon at his Bar. Johnny said that either he went out with Yozef's sister, or Yozef went out with Johnny's sister, we couldn't remember which way round it was, please let me know Yozef!! Embarassed
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2911
He told us that he had a Sunday Lunch do on this week, with live music by Martin Jonathan, a Guitarist/Singer, boy guitar so we should come along. So a shame we missed out on his Friday night, we decided to go as it was between 12pm & 4pm. We duly arrived & sat down to a Sunday Lunch of either Pork, Lamb or Beef. Eat I had Pork, Brenda had Lamb, Brian had Sausage, Mash & Peas & San had Pate & chips. scratch
Believe it or not Yozef, there was another Johnny Hooper sitting at the Bar, here he is, in the light blue & white striped shirt, with his wife, this isn't another one that you know is it mate? wink
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2916
Brian chilling out in the sun listening to Martin, with Johnny Hooper in the background in his jumper, which he said he only took off in August. hot
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2912
Brenda & Brian both now chilling out to the music after our Lunch.
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2913
Me & San chilling out as well, with Martin in the background.
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2914
A couple of part video's now of Martin singing his versions of well known songs. This 1st one is The Street's of London, by Ralph McTell.

This short clip is Yellow by Coldplay.

Then Johnny got up, minus his jumper, with his Saxophone & they did a rendition of Johnny B Goode, how apt. I hope that the video does it justice, as it was brilliant live.

They also got me & San to join in on the percussion side of the songs. We are going to start our own Tambourine band in Albufeira soon. eek
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2918
Both guys had CD's to sell, these were Johnny's that was put on every table.
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2915
We had 4 Dinners, hungry a shared Dessert, eatcake 3 jugs of Sangria, drunk 3 Lagers, beer drinker 2 Ports, morebeer & 2 Wines, drunk & the bill came to just under 110 euro. fainting But TBH, you didn't mind paying it, as we had a great 4 hours of Food, Fun, Sun & Music. rules
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2917
San, Brenda & Brian outside of Johnny's Bar just as we were leaving.
Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Cimg2919
We would definitely go back to his Bar again, would have been good on the Friday, & thoroughly recommend it to anybody who goes out there. A great afternoon was had by all. clap clap

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:51 pm

OHHHHHHHHHhhhh I w3ould go there on happy hour €3.50 a pint swoon lol great review Mick have a rep clap

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:31 pm

An enjoyable tale Mick, rep from me too Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 am

Mark wrote:
An enjoyable tale Mick, rep from me too Thumsup

It certainly was a great afternoon there Mark. cheers

MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:13 am

great stuff mick,really enjoyed that mate.

i remember HOOT (johnny hooper) busking up in london,he used to make a £100 a day.

fair play he had the nerve to go to the algarve busking and it all turned out good for him clap

i went out with HIS sister,blonde hair,big boobs affraid

still bump into her now and again,still a nice looking girl wow

glad you had a great day out at his place
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 am

Good review Mick - although you COULD have got a bit more info about the place........................ Rolling Eyes

smile Heart

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:55 am

yozef wrote:
great stuff mick,really enjoyed that mate.

i remember HOOT (johnny hooper) busking up in london,he used to make a £100 a day.

fair play he had the nerve to go to the algarve busking and it all turned out good for him clap

i went out with HIS sister,blonde hair,big boobs affraid

still bump into her now and again,still a nice looking girl wow

glad you had a great day out at his place

Yes mate he is a really nice guy, funny that him being from Newport & that. wink Only joking mate. big hug Glad she didn't turn out like Johnny, he is as bald as a coot. afro

lol! lol! lol! lol!

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 am

beeech wrote:

Good review Mick - although you COULD have got a bit more info about the place........................ Rolling Eyes

smile Heart

A bit like my school report Beeech, "Michael could do better." sad sad

lolol lolol lolol lolol

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 am

It doesn't seem like it was a week since we were there. sad

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Great Mick, rep from me clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:33 pm

Or here tomorrow. sad

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira   Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Johnny Hooper's Saxophone Bistro, Albufeira

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: PORTUGAL, includes Madeira, Cape Verde :: BAR/RESTAURANT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com