Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Palma Nova, The Godfather

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Palma Nova, The Godfather  _
PostSubject: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 4:29

Me Debbie and Mick went for our tea at the Godfather one night, we have been there lots of time before and loved the place ,even our 13 year old daughter loved the steaks there, now the last time we went we were not that fussed on the food and thought it may have been a one off so we went along with Mick and Sandra.
Debbie ordered a lasagne me and Mick ordered a mixed grill and Sandra got a chicken salad I think.
When Debbies food came she started eating it but didnt like the look of it as she thought some bits of the meat looked very pink, my mixed grill was filling and I couldnt eat it all to be honest but even so there was not as much as you used to get. When the lady came around Debbie asked her about her meal but the girl said it was bits of tomato, we were not at all 100% sure and the girl just left it at that and said no more.
Would we go back ,well me and Debbie spoke about this and with this being the second time it not being special we said that we would not go back also with the girl not taking it away and asking the chef to reassure Debbie etc I thought it was bad service.
We used to get really special meals in there ,Im not kidding you there was once 8 of us that went there and we all thought the food was fantastic.
NEVER AGAIN

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 8:43

I know the owner's of this bar and they'll be mortified at this Daryn :face: I've also invited their brother (who runs another magland bar) onto this forum so there might be a reply.

An honest opinion is what a forum is for tho'?
Back to top Go down
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 10:37

I know a few who love this restaurant and swear by it but also i know a couple who like daryn says its steadily going down hill again i think its all down to personal taste.What should never happen is poor service off the waiting staff ,i fell out with a friend who now runs his family chain of restaurants in magalluf all because i have twice had very poor service in his restaurant .To me there is no excuse for bad service

moocher

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeSat 9 Oct 2010 - 14:46

Well Im afraid that when we set out to make this forum that everything would be straight and honest, even if a company paid to advertise on here I would still tell the truth as this will only make them sit up and make there business better. As I said before we have used them lots of times in the past and they have had alot of money from us over the years but if it aint the same as it was then it aint the same.Hopefully they will see the review and have something done about it. Im not saying my food was bad as it was very tasty but Im afraid that bit with Debbies meal was enough. As I said we thought the first time was a one of but no.

zeusjazmin

PostSubject: average   Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 10:16

we tried this restaurant when on holiday,my wifes steak was just ok,i had a very poor pizza,service was very good
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 12:28

All comments welcome. Have a rep to get you started Zues Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 12:41

i must say i liked the curry/service in los curries.

in the past a sit down meal in a curry house abroad as always been a bit steep,no doubt because i go in after a shedful with with my eyes bigger than my belly and order all the little extras,ie starters,the tray of dips ect,usually stuffed before the main meal comes.

we met mick and san,who suggested this as a good place to eat/meet up,with a few other fm peeps at los curries and we had the set menu (e9.50) i think.

jan and i could not fault the meal/service and if i remember right it was approx e15 per head with drinks?

looking forward to showing the boys how to eat those hot chillies at this years meet up Wink
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 12:51

Go easy on Don this year, he will be retired by then.......poor ol thing rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 12:54

being a fireman and married to you debs i'm sure don is used to dealing with hot stuff Wink
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 13:02

He likes to think he is pelvis rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 14:13

Thanks for the input zeusjazmin and a rep from me for your honest first report cheers

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 16:00

Yes well done Zeusjazmin, that is what we like on MF, a good honest report on what you found. bravo

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jan 2012 - 17:24

Some muppet must have clicked on the 'minus' part of your rep button Zues lolol

Nothing like having your pants pulled down on your first post eh? rolling laughing spank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, The Godfather    Palma Nova, The Godfather  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palma Nova, The Godfather

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com