Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Oh hi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian M

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:42 am

Howdy

Just joined the forum as taking a last minute to Majorca early May for a little sun and rest.

Have to admit prefer Greece to Spanish stuff but I got a really good deal for five nights with ryanair and separate hotel bookings.

I shall be asking a good few questions in next few days please.

I decided to get accom fairly close to Palma at Palma Nova, no idea what Palma Nova is like but expect it is like many other lower cost resorts, my reasoning is, as a 56 year old fairly fit man, I can easy get to Palma and bus it out around the Island from there and then relax with several beers more local in the evening.

First question I have is - How do you get by bus to Palma Nova from the Airport, arriving early afternoon so presume there will be buses.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Im not sure if there is a public bus that goes direct to Palma Nova from the airport but you can get a bus to Palma from there then get a bus from Palma to Palma Nova, lots of buses go to Palma Nova from Palma 105/06 from memory, Ive never used public transport from the airport to be honest always used transfer buses or Gallitrans private transfers.

If you need any info on other transfers we are all experts at using this just dont know many using public buses, transfers with the likes of Janerbus etc works out about £8 return but you have to wait until it fills up, Ive seen me sit there for 2 hours before, that why we use private now, alot more pricey but you get your bags a guy is waiting for you and your away, we have a discount code for Gallitrans if you want to get a quote.

You sure have come to the right place to learn about Palma Nova and magaluf though as lots of us go there every year so fire away.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:43 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh sorry by the way hi and welcome to the forum lol, I got that carried away with giving info I forgot to say hello rolling laughing

Hope you have a great time, lots of photos and reviews in the Palma Nova section https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/f188-palma-nova

I have been going to that side of the Island for many years and have never got bored with the views over Palma Nova bay

4thforum

4thforum

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Welcome to the forum Ian
Back to top Go down
Ian M

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi
Thanks for the welcome folks.

Will look into Janerbus perhaps Daryn but I quite like short bus journeys if the buses come often enough, rather that than sitting in a coach for hours not knowing when it will set off.

Really looking forward to this short break, not been away from Uk for 7 years since I moved back from Greece, all this time trying to get new business off the ground. That's a lie, I did try it 2 years ago last Christmas, a week in Teneriefe, felt bad at the airport on the way out, turned into full blown swine flu in first few days, spent all week in my hotel room alone, most of it delirious, no chemists open since it was christmas and couldn't wobble more than about 20 yards anyway.... Very Happy... only just managed to stagger back for the return flight, well enough of my happy holiday tales, fingers crossed this time as going alone again, my partner who is German (met in Greece) likes holidays in UK, she loves the weather and, apart from historic sites and med scenery, doesn't give a hoot for the warmer weather.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:07 pm

This is what I use although more expensive as it is a private transfer and only for you so no waiting around, https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t7163-mallorca-transfers-galitrans-discount-code

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi & welcome to the Forum Ian. cheers As Daryn has said, you will have a great time in Palma Nova, as it is a very relaxing place. But if you fancy seeing a bit more "night life", Magaluf is just a 5 or 10 minute walk away. I have used Resort Hoppa from the Airport, but the last time I sat on the Bus with my partner for a couple of hours in total, & we both vowed never again. We now use Galitrans as well, as they are there ready to pick you up, & whisk you away to Palma Nova in about 20 minutes. Then you can just relax & start to thoroughly enjoy your holiday. All in all I hope that you both have a great time Ian, when you go. Thumsup

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum from me. Always good to see new members posting Thumsup

Oh hi _
PostSubject: Re: Oh hi   Oh hi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh hi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA FORUM :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com