Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cardiff City

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am

We left Kettering in a snowstorm at about 10am, fearing the worse of the forthcoming journey down to Cardiff. But once we were heading down the M5 off of the M42, are fears were allayed, as the only snow was on the hills & not on the roads. Thumsup We went in to Strensham Services for a break & decided to have a cup of coffee before setting off again, fainting
Cardiff City Cimg2455
1 hour later, & another pee we set off again. eek
We got to Cardiff at about 1.15pm, where we went to the Hotel, The Park Inn by Radisson & checked in. We then went on our infamous day/night out with Jan & Yozef. See it here if not before. drunk

https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t10000-photo-s-of-the-cardiff-meet-up

https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t10010-a-few-more-photo-s-video-s-of-the-cardiff-meet-up

Well Saturday was taken up by the mini meet up as above. So we got up Sunday, only 3 of us made brekkie, hey Sandra, sick & went for a walk around the City.
San, Brenda & Brian, with the Castle in the background.
Cardiff City Cimg2516
The entrance to the Castle.
Cardiff City Cimg2517
The site of the old zoo, next to the Castle, note the seal on the wall.
Cardiff City Cimg2518
The view down the High St, very patriotic, probably something to do with a Rugby Match last week apparently. scratch
Cardiff City Cimg2519
The sight of this so called Rugby Match, the famous Millennium Stadium, with Cardiff Arms Park adjacent.
Cardiff City Cimg2520
A wall dedicated to mainly deceased fans of The Welsh RFU.
Cardiff City Cimg2521
The pitch getting a suntan by the looks of it, sorry about the quality of the photo, but it was taken through the gates. Embarassed
Cardiff City Cimg2522
Tasker Watkins, who was President of The Welsh RFU, with a fascinating story of his life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasker_Watkins
Cardiff City Cimg2523
A beautiful church, St. John the Baptist, right in the middle of the City.
Cardiff City Cimg2610
A couple of photo's of the indoor Market.
Cardiff City Cimg2611
Cardiff City Cimg2612
The Motorpoint Indoor Arena was right opposite our Hotel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorpoint_Arena_Cardiff
Cardiff City Cimg2613
TBH, there was so much more that we wanted to do & visit, such as Cardiff Bay, but it was sooooooooooooooooo bitterly cold, cold that we decided against it this time round. clever I have only shown a very small part of a fabulous City, which we would all visit again, when it is a lot warmer. I would definitely recommend you to visit Cardiff if you have never been, as it is well worth it. Friday & Saturday night's are very busy around the City with revellers, but Sunday night is very quiet, which we found strange for a major City. scratch

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:16 pm

well done Mick, went many years ago, I think before they built the castle wtf rep from me
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:20 pm

delboy wrote:
well done Mick, went many years ago, I think before they built the castle wtf rep from me

Hahahaha, when you were just a Delboyo then mate. wink

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Majorca Mad
Mark

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Shame it was so cold mate, still, leaves something to go back for.

Repped.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Mark wrote:
Shame it was so cold mate, still, leaves something to go back for.

Repped.

That is what we all said mate, well worth a revisit, especially if we meet up with Jan & Yozef again. morebeer drunk meetup

Girl Power Member

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Good review, Mick. I'm ashamed to say that during all my trips to Wales, I never go to Cardiff - haven't been for years!

Must make an effort next time.

A Welsh rep on the way. clap

Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:27 pm

another welsh rep mick.

glad to see you did not spend all your time in a pub Wink

no seriously mate,you make me want to visit cardiff again.

which i will cos i love it there,great day/night out
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 pm

Cheers Jen & Yozef, Welsh reps well accepted. Thumsup

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:13 am

yozef wrote:
another welsh rep mick.

glad to see you did not spend all your time in a pub Wink

no seriously mate,you make me want to visit cardiff again.

which i will cos i love it there,great day/night out

Will definitely go to The Borough Arms again, what a great Pub. clap clap

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 7:42 am

It looked as good as the piano bar for entertainment
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:19 am

Apart from it being freezing cold outside, it certainly was mate. drunk meetup

4thforum

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 am

Never been to Cardiff. Great review Mick. ( and Yosef)
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Nice one Mick thanks for sharing have a rep clap

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 am

I can't believe it is a week since we left for here. eek What a great time we all had. drunk

Cardiff City _
PostSubject: Re: Cardiff City   Cardiff City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cardiff City

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com