Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

palmanova/magaluf in winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roymelt

palmanova/magaluf in winter _
PostSubject: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:29 pm

[upalmanova/magaluf in winter 00210rlpalmanova/magaluf in winter 00310=hpalmanova/magaluf in winter 00411ttpalmanova/magaluf in winter 00510p://www.palmanova/magaluf in winter 00810servimg.copalmanova/magaluf in winter 00910[url=https://servimg.com/view/17426756/41]palmanova/magaluf in winter 01210[/url]m/palmanova/magaluf in winter 01410image_palmanova/magaluf in winter 00211palmanova/magaluf in winter 01510previpalmanova/magaluf in winter 01610ew.php?i=33&palmanova/magaluf in winter 01710u=1palmanova/magaluf in winter 018107426756]palmanova/magaluf in winter 00110[/url]

have to say it was very quiet i was told i was the only tourist there there was 9 bar/cafes open in both nova and magaluf you could not eat till 10.30 ,even 99% shops shut very peacefull

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Its so sad seeing the place like this, Ive been off season a few times and wandered around and never saw anyone. Its soooo gloomy and I didn't find it a nice place to be TBH. No noise or laughter just cold and windy. Great photos and shows members what to expect if they see them cheap last minute holidays advertised in winter. Have a rep clap

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 pm

thanks for the pics roy.

seeing the place so quite reminds me of our 2 short breaks in feb and march last year,we often visit out of season.

we usually stay at the son matias beach hotel in march,we had planned to do so again this year but hotel/flight prices are crazy,we are going to portugal instead,nearly half price.

the son matias,santa lucia and other pala nova hotels now close earlier/open later in the season than they used to when we were regular out of seasonvisitours.

we were sad to see our fave pub,the orion bar,closed in feb last year,though they did open in march and said there was no point in them opening if the hotels were closed!!

shame,love palma nova.

rep on the way
Back to top Go down
roymelt

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 pm

going back feb7th stopping at the viva palmanova got b/b with flights £135 thurs-sunday
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks for taking time out to post those photo's Roy. clap clap God it does look like a ghost town, but I suppose that is only to be expected at that time of year. Rep from me as well mate.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 pm

roymelt wrote:
going back feb7th stopping at the viva palmanova got b/b with flights £135 thurs-sunday

If you not stayed there before I promise you will love the place. my favourite place to stay, a good price as well. how long are you going for.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 pm

I've been in November, December, and January, all for long weekends, I love it when it's quiet out there like that, but we've been lucky that when we've been, it's still been warm and sunny. Not blazing hot but, - well, i've got sunburnt in January before lol
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

....... and I've been FREEZING in March - and have got SUNBURNT in March.................

roll eyes

Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 am

Roy, good pics.

I have been out in Feb once to Santa Ponsa and went into Magaluf, both were very calm and quiet, if you get the weather it can be quite nice.
Back to top Go down
Davie Thistle

Davie Thistle

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:04 am

.great pic's Roy! clap
we were over in November - Still got a tan!
luvit at this time of year hava wee rep M8
Back to top Go down
roymelt

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am

It was 18c so not to bad only went over to watch football, hope its warm next week as the boss the wife is with us
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 am

yes never realised it would be a ghost town like that. Interesting for people that see it in the summer and then decide to move there only to find there is little going on in the winter
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 am

Roy, what football is that? Real Mallorca?

Back to top Go down
roymelt

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm

yes pal
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:07 pm

I keep an eye on them now and again, not looking good, need to get back to safety. They started this year pretty well but since then, been in free fall.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Yeah it's a handy thing when they are in the top league, you can sometimes sneak off and watch them play quite a big team, the Barca match is always a sell out but Valencia and Seville are ok to get tickets to. Only €14 as well Rolling Eyes Compared to our prices Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 pm

Mark wrote:
Yeah it's a handy thing when they are in the top league, you can sometimes sneak off and watch them play quite a big team, the Barca match is always a sell out but Valencia and Seville are ok to get tickets to. Only €14 as well Rolling Eyes Compared to our prices Shocked

When I lived on the CdS, a lot of ex pats bought Malaga season tickets, just for the 2 games against Barca & Real Madrid. They were not that bothered about many of the others TBH.

PostSubject: Re: palmanova/magaluf in winter   palmanova/magaluf in winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

palmanova/magaluf in winter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF RESORT-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com