Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Bring them with you Ro. clever Seriously mate, it would be nice to meet up with you. Thumsup

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:19 pm

ill be in sp from 11th to 19th october if any of you are about.

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:02 am

Britchick wrote:
those suggestions were just for the daytime, for evening I would say, Seans Bar followed by Durty Nellies.

Any more feedback on Seans bar? Is it in the square? Cheap drinks? Room for 8 people at one table? Clean loos?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am

Im happy with this bar, BC will know better than us, just hope she turns up, its been a long time now xx

DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:03 pm

http://www.durty-nellys.com/seansplace/index.html
http://www.durty-nellys.com/

both look quite disreputable, so should be right up our street clap (talking of up our street it literally is for nannyjen and myself)
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Well Im going in blind here, I haven't got a clue about SP so anywhere anyone suggests over there will be fine with me

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:00 pm

I see entertainment starts at 10pm, will they be able to understand what your saying Daryn
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Probably not lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 am

Thanks for the links Dads.

Well, it just looks like another bar to me... scratch we're simply not going to be able to tell until we go if it's any good or not.
But if it's to be Santa Ponsa, then Seans Place, as the starting point, seems as good as any to me... both Britchick and ChelseaRo have recommended it so that'll do for me.
Seems that there's outside seating so that's good enough.

I take it it's in the Irish quarter and not the square?

Ok, unless there's any other suggestions, or objections, lets say Monday 30th September at around 8 pm, at Sean's Bar meetup 
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:47 am

Just so that I get my head around Geordie/Irish accents...

....is Sean pronounced Shorn, or Seen?

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:22 am

Sawn, as in plank of wood cut in two
Back to top Go down
Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:24 am

I'm thinking Seans Place in the Irish bit because I am not sure how lively the Square will be . I've never been late september so couldn't really say . There is outside seating and there are a couple of singers on. They do a bit of Irish music but will always do requests for other music. Above seans is a late night bar / club called Durty Nellies, i think they are owned by the same people, but you can have a good night there. And when the locals go out. this is their place of choice. Hopefully Ro will be along too with some input and ideas . But if you go there in the Irish quarter, you do have a choice of other bars, as this is the main strip. I'll post a link to their facebook page and you can have a look for yourselves, but from the photos you can see that it caters for a variety of age groups.
Back to top Go down
Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 am

https://www.facebook.com/Seansplacesantaponsa?fref=ts
Back to top Go down
Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:46 am

Another thought, there is a bar called Bar Carlos which is on the same road as the others. This is defo more " upmarket " with a nice indoor and outdoor seating area. It depends what you are looking for. There is no entertainment on there, apart from people watchng, but it is a nice bar and the Spanish man who runs it is very friendly. If the meet up was on a Friday or Sunday i would say, go to mctvishes and see the Rod Stewart or Elvis act on at 10 and then go to another bar before the karaoke starts . Most of the bars are near each other, so it's easy to bar hop. Where abouts is everyone staying ?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks for that BC, not sure where Jen and Dads is staying but its in SP, me Mick and Mark are in Maga area.

DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 am

The Facebook page confirms they are next door to Banco Santander at 27 Carrer Ramon Moncada which shows clearly on Google Maps Street View  which appears to be opposite Flamingos, which has plenty of outside space for Mark and San to do there demonstration of line dancing meetup dancing 
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:27 am

Yep, I agree with BC, I reckon those bars will be the best and all within 5 minutes walk!

Im sure it will be fine just to plot up and make your own entertainment, it is a quieter resort than Maga but Im sure you will have a good old knees up.
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm

As you know, I’m no authority on bars in the evening time but thought I would just throw this one into the mix  -  though a different type of place from the ones already suggested, I think (and possibly a bit more expensive given its position?).

http://www.loveglobaltravel.com/mallorca/santanabeach.html

It’s a Cuban-style bar in a great spot, right opposite the middle of the beach & has got an outside terrace area at the side with a small stage where (I’ve read) they play music. You can get a good view of it on Google Street View  -  it’s on Carrer Gran Via Puig de Galatzo about half way between the main roundabout (where my & Dads' hotel is) and the roundabout at the start of the “Irish” strip.

I also read on TA that they do salsa lessons in the evening  -  a change from line dancing for you, Mark!  Very Happy 

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g562815-i9661-k6817620-Salsa_lessons_and_bingo-Santa_Ponsa_Calvia_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

BritChick also recommends it here

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g562815-i9661-k6803314-Tapas_good_food_chilled_bar_lounges-Santa_Ponsa_Calvia_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

I had some lunch-time tapas & drinks in there a couple of times when I was in SP last year & it had a good atmosphere  -  but, of course, it may not be the same in the evenings.

Anyway, as I said, just another suggestion  -  and I still wouldn’t mind traveling over to PN if  that’s where everyone prefers.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Im still happy to come across to SP for a change and as for bars Im sooooooooooo easy you couldn't get any more easy lol. It looks ok Jen looking over the beach , again anyone or someone decide its getting close now waheeeeeeeeeeee.beer drinker 

Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Santana beach is really nice in the daytime and early evening when they play the latino music! Not sure what it is like when its not high season, but it is only five minutes walk away from the other bars so worth a gander? ! Also I thought the Square would be getting pretty quiet but on the facebook page and The Crown ( in the square ) it doesn't look too bad. Will post links to them .
Back to top Go down
Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/mark.bennettsantaponsa/photos
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Sounds like we have a few choices there, so they are close to each other if we wanted to move on. clap clap

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:41 pm

It has to be a bar that doesn't stop Daryn going in for being too old coy 
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Britchick wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/mark.bennettsantaponsa/photos
You are right BC, looking very busy, so we should have a good night ahead then. morebeer meetup drunk dancing irishman beer drinker linedance

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 1:08 am

They all sound and look good.

My only input is that, early on, we would probably prefer somewhere quieter, without a show or entertainment (except background music), so that we could talk without having to shout.

Not that I'll understand Daryn anyway lol!

So, votes for the salsa bar, v. votes for the Seans bar please?

I'm easy and I don't mind either, but the Santana bar is going to be easy to find right on the front like that, so my vote is for that, as I also like the sound of the mojitos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa   Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on bars in Santa Ponsa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com