Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Come Fly with me Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 pm

We went to see the well publicised show called 'Come Fly With Me', it's on the outskirts of Magalluf.

Come Fly with me Show Come_f10

The show takes you through various stages of Frank Sinatra's career, with stage settings of the Prohibition era and also the building of the Empire State Building in New York. There was also another set based on Central park, and one of Grand Central train station.
There are 3 price ranges of tickets, €46, €56, & €100. The top range tickets are sofas in the middle with free Champagne & Strawberries and other nibbles.
We chose the mid price range of tickets, and we was seated on the balcony with an excellent view of the stage. We had a table with our chairs, so it was more of a dinner and show set up, than a West End Theatre with just seats like a cinema. There was waiter service but we just went to the bar and got a bottle of Rosé which lasted us the whole show, cost was €15.
The show lasted about 2 hours with a break at mid point.
The theatre was well designed and everyone got a good view.
Pictures were not allowed of the show, but I managed to sneak one Very Happy

Come Fly with me Show Come_f11

My opinion of the show was that it was very enjoyable, with the acrobatics and dancing easily comparable to a top West End show. For those that are not fans of Frank Sinatra's style of 'crooning' then you might find the show a bit overwhelming, there were parts that I was a bit detached from (scene changes) where it was just 'Frank' sitting out front with just the stage curtain as the background, singing a song that i'd never heard of.
But overall it was enjoyable and worth the money.

Last edited by Mark on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks for posting this Mark - and a rep from me. clap

I've been thinking of going here for a number of years but wondered if it was worth the money - think I might give it a go now after reading your view of it. I know that a lot of ex-gymnasts from all over the world work in the show (sometimes at the same time as working in Pirates) so I'd enjoy that.

Thanks again.

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 pm

yes a rep for that Mark, come fly with me was a frank sinatra number but hadn't a clue what the show was about before your review
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:11 am

I didnt know it was about sinatra either, you could have got more photos you whoos haha. Have a rep well done

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Hmmm.... Suspect three reps yet only two showing? Suspect

Alright, who's telling porkies? pinocchio

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm

I dont have a plus available so not guilty lol!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Forgot to give the rep Embarassed I replied on my phone last night its a pain in the backside.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:32 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Daryn wrote:
Forgot to give the rep Embarassed I replied on my phone last night its a pain in the backside.

Perhaps your phone would be better in your pocket Embarassed rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 pm

I took the evidence should Daryn not own up rolling laughing

Come Fly with me Show 01018
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Have a rep yourself for owning up Daryn Thumsup lolol

Have to say though, I was sort of hoping to coax a rep out of Mick, seeing as it's my 300th one lol!

But seriously mate, a phone up the backside is a no-no No
Go get yourself a room Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:57 pm

that not what those 0900 numbers tell you to do, is it lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Worth a rep, just for the naughty photo that you took mate. nono

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:01 pm

rep from me Mark Very Happy

...... and for Debs - really made me chuckle !

smile

Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Aww thanks beeech, great to have you back big hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Sponsored content

Come Fly with me Show _
PostSubject: Re: Come Fly with me Show   Come Fly with me Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come Fly with me Show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF RESORT-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com