Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spain, Barcelona

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 am

We docked in Barcelona which give me a chance to look at the other cruise ships, what an amazing sight being alongside all these massive ships.

Spain, Barcelona P1120188

Spain, Barcelona P1120189

Spain, Barcelona P1120190

Well we started to walk from the docks towards the city centre

Spain, Barcelona P1120191

Looking back along the way.

Spain, Barcelona P1120192

Spain, Barcelona P1120193

Our ship is the third one up from the left, it looks dwarfed along side the others.

Spain, Barcelona P1120195

Finally made it to the city centre its taken about 15 minutes walk. Straight away you could see the amazing architecture.

Spain, Barcelona P1120197

The beginning of Las Ramblas

Spain, Barcelona P1120199

Spain, Barcelona P1120200

Spain, Barcelona P1120201

Spain, Barcelona P1120202

I dipped down a side street and came across this lovely square full of restaurants and bars

Spain, Barcelona P1120203

Spain, Barcelona P1120204

Spain, Barcelona P1120205

Spain, Barcelona P1120206

Spain, Barcelona P1120207

Spain, Barcelona P1120208

Sorry but we only had hours there so not enough time to get any history and more info so Ill just let the photos speak for themselves.

Spain, Barcelona P1120209

Spain, Barcelona P1120210

Spain, Barcelona P1120211

Spain, Barcelona P1120212

Spain, Barcelona P1120213

Spain, Barcelona P1120214

Spain, Barcelona P1120216

Spain, Barcelona P1120217

Spain, Barcelona P1120219

Spain, Barcelona P1120220

Spain, Barcelona P1120221

Had a look down by the harbour, it was all pretty nice and there was lovely building's around every corner.

Spain, Barcelona P1120222

Spain, Barcelona P1120223

Spain, Barcelona P1120224

Spain, Barcelona P1120225

Spain, Barcelona P1120226

Spain, Barcelona P1120227

Spain, Barcelona P1120228

Spain, Barcelona P1120230

Wouldnt fancy going under water in this lol.

Spain, Barcelona P1120229

Spain, Barcelona P1120232

Spain, Barcelona P1120233

Art everywhere you look.

Spain, Barcelona P1120234

Well just one more thing to do before we go back to the ship.

Spain, Barcelona P1120235

Well it would be rude not too.

Spain, Barcelona P1120236

Spain, Barcelona P1120237

theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

Another rep for you Daryn - it looks like a really vibrant place . . I' haven't been there

YET! Wink
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Its an amazing place, the time disappeared so quick on the day though and I didn't get to see the Sagrada Família cathedral that Gaudí worked on, the kids had enough as well it was a hot day lol. A visit to Barcelona is not complete without seeing it, another place Ill have to go back to one day to finish the sight seeing.

NannyJen
Girl Power Member

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:14 pm

Brilliant pics Daryn - brought back so many lovely memories for me - many thanks. clap

Rep from me. cheers

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you Jen blowkiss

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 pm

yes you need about 3 days and a ship stop is never long enough but will give you an idea if you wish to return there, rep from me.
That submarine looks like the one Wallace and Gromit built to go to the moon lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:12 pm

PS if I remember wasn't one of those ships tied along side you the Queen Elizabeth ?
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

delboy wrote:
yes you need about 3 days and a ship stop is never long enough but will give you an idea if you wish to return there, rep from me.
That submarine looks like the one Wallace and Gromit built to go to the moon lol!

What planet are you on . . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 pm

More memories of a great city mate. I would definitely recommend anyone to visit Barcelona, a fabulous place. Another rep from me. clap clap

HappyH

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Cheers for that Daryn, some smashing pictures there, repped. My OH & I are going for a long weekend this month. She's been for 2 days before & I had an afternoon last year before a flight. We're gonna do the guided tour of La Sagrada but if anybody's any suggestions for places to see we'd appreciate it. Off the beaten track, hidden gem kinda places preferably.
Cheers HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 5:22 pm

You have to see the Sagrada Família cathedral thats what I was really interested in seeing and never got there but one day I will go back

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Daryn wrote:
You have to see the Sagrada Família cathedral thats what I was really interested in seeing and never got there but one day I will go back

Take a trowel & a paint brush with you Dermo, the bloody thing isn't even finished yet mate, they have been at it for centuries. roll eyes

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Admin
Daryn

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Rome wasnt built in a day mate hehehe

HappyH

HappyH

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 pm

HappyH wrote:
Cheers for that Daryn, some smashing pictures there, repped. My OH & I are going for a long weekend this month. She's been for 2 days before & I had an afternoon last year before a flight. We're gonna do the guided tour of La Sagrada but if anybody's any suggestions for places to see we'd appreciate it. Off the beaten track, hidden gem kinda places preferably.
Cheers HH.

Well we enjoyed it so much we're going back ner-ner taking my boy as well this time.

We're staying in Sitges (just down the coast from Barcelona) from Monday for a week. Tickets already booked (3rd time for me Smile ) for La Sagrada. Can't wait.

HH.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Have a fabulous time HH, all the best Mick.

Majorca Mad
Mark

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Thumsup HH

Nothing like a last minute break Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 6:49 am

Enjoy look forward to hearing all about it

Sponsored content

Spain, Barcelona _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Barcelona   Spain, Barcelona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spain, Barcelona

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: SPAIN RESORT REVIEWS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com