Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smifco

smifco

Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please _
PostSubject: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi everyone my wife and I are hoping to get some reccomendations from you guys as we have never been to Majorca before. We are looking for a reasonably priced hotel up to £1000 all inclusive for two for a week, including flight from East Midlands around April/May 2013. I have had a look round and have found some in the £600+ and £700+ brackets but what I really want is advice from someone who has been there. I know I can look on trip advisor but the reviews on there are so contradictory it has left me confused to be honest.
We would like a hotel near a beach, we dont sunbathe round the pool so towel savers dont bother us, were not bothered about entertainment we can take it or leave it,were not fussy eaters so all inclusive is a must for the drinks really lol,were not very fit so as long as there is a small selection of tavernas etc close by that would do us, oh and we hate mosquitos so would like to know the area is not infested if possible. I think that just about covers it so if you have any suggestions we would be most grateful to hear from you
P.S We wondered also if any of you had gone for the cheapest flight option to Palma and then gone looking for accomodation when you got there is this likely to be cheaper or is it too risky?
Anyway thanks in advance for any replies
Smifco
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi smifco and welcome to the forum,

I went to the Hotel Todos Mirlos in August for 4 nights A/I and have to say I was impressed with the food and the qaulity of drinks, infact it was the best pint I had throughout the holiday lol. Its in Palma Nova and not far from the beach with plenty of bars and restaurants around. As for mozzies well Debs and the gang are reporting that they are having problems with them at the moment, its most unusual TBH, Ive never heard of anyone having problems like that over there and wondering if the infestation is just in the apartment complex.

Click this link to have a look at the hotel http://www.melia.com/hotels/spain/majorca/sol-mirlos-tordos-all-inclusive/index.html

If I was you the cheapest way is to get your flights as soon as possible and you maybe have missed them at the cheapest rate as they are already released for them months, but have a look then book the accommodation seperate thats normally the cheapest way to go, do your homework and Im sure we will elp also help you along the way, Ive flew out there before and just got accommodation when I was there but I still find booking over the internet cheaper before I travel. Ill have a quick look for you now at prices,.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Ive just had a quick look for you.............

Jet2 7th May to 14 May with 2 suitcases price £325.92

Sol Mirlos Todos A/I £519.47

Total cost £845.39

But that was just a quick look you may get them flights cheaper and may get the hotel cheaper looking at other sites.

This is Sol Melia link where I got the hotel price from, http://www.melia.com/home.htm when you book direct with these you dont pay until you get to the hotel, we found it cheaper to book in Euros with our credit card, better exchange rate saved more money again.

This is Jet2 link http://www.jet2.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=jet2%2Ecom%20outbound&utm_content=brand|sp28717090|kw43200000048952731&utm_term=jet2&cm_mmc=cpc|brand-_-jet2%2Ecom%20outbound-_-brand|sp28717090|kw43200000048952731-_-jet2&cm_mmca1=bing

Ive just tried Jet2 holiday but it worked out nearly a £100 more, my advice get the flights as quickly as you can as the price goes up, Im not sure what other flights fly to majorca from east midland but Ill take a look for you but the first price I got is within budget for you although you do have to book your transfers seperate, we use a company called Galitrans, its private transfers which is cheaper than a taxi, so straight of a plane pick up your bags, in the private transfer and away no hanging around for a coach to fill up.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Just had another look and Monarch price for the same dates are £307.92 so nearly £20 cheaper than jet2 with suitcases, also dont forget when you book flights and hotels independantly you need to sort out your own holiday insurance, these are pretty cheap if you do it on line, again we can guide you to these, I done alot of reading up this year and found a great one with a great package.

So so far Monarch airline and sol melia hotels is the cheapest way to go.

Hope this helps

smifco

smifco

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Wow Daryn thanks a lot for your efforts I didnt know about the paying when you get there bit that sounds interesting but Im thinking my bank will probably diddle me on the exchange rate on my credit card but nevertheless its very interesting that I'll have a look though, and I'd like to know more about the firm you use for transfers too as we hate being the last off the bus lol so thanks again my friend I will now confuse myself more using your info lol
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Click on this link for the transfer company, yes they are more expensive than a coach but they are cheaper than a taxi, the cars are brilliant, normally a merc with uniformed driver ,they wait for you in the airport and take you to the car so no looking around, very professional here is the link, its at the top of the banter section, you will also see our code, place the code in your message when you email them to get a discount

https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t7163-mallorca-transfers-galitrans-discount-code#101133

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Independant holiday insurance

This is who we used this year, they scored high on the which magazine and there policy is brilliant, I spent days looking at these insurance companies and this was by fsr the best as far as Im concerned http://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/ we got a annual family one, it cost us £42 and last 12months for a family of 3

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Great information from Daryn there. clap clap The weather can be a bit hit & miss, but I would still rather be in Mallorca than here. I always book independently, the flight, accommodation & the transfers, definitely go with Galitrans, you won't be disappointed.

PostSubject: First time in Majorca   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to go to Majorca for the first time at the end of the month/beginning of November and I have a few questions:

1. what will the weather be like? Warm enough to go swimming?

2. Is it better to get a hotel or a holiday let there?

3. Which websites do good Majorca deals and are trustworthy? I found this site http://www.travelizer.co.uk/last-minute/ which always seems to have some good majorca or Balearics deals on it, but I haven't heard of it so don't know if it's better to go with more well known sites like Expedia or ebookers? Anyone already used it?

Thanks!

Leah
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Leah_J wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking to go to Majorca for the first time at the end of the month/beginning of November and I have a few questions:

1. what will the weather be like? Warm enough to go swimming?

2. Is it better to get a hotel or a holiday let there?

3. Which websites do good Majorca deals and are trustworthy? I found this site http://www.travelizer.co.uk/last-minute/ which always seems to have some good majorca or Balearics deals on it, but I haven't heard of it so don't know if it's better to go with more well known sites like Expedia or ebookers? Anyone already used it?

Thanks!

Leah

1) I would say no to warm water, the weather looks pretty bad over there at the minute, its going to be a bit of a mixed bag really, no one can predict it, you may be lucky and get a few nice days but it could also be really bad.

2) Me personally I think hotels give good deals at this time of year and at least you will get meals in with the price.

3) Jet2, Easyjet, Travel Republic, Thompsons, Sol Melia are some of the ones that I use, I dont take a chance on companies Ive not heard of. Basically its lots of homework, is it cheaper to get a package deal, OR is it cheaper to get the flights and hotel seperate, is it cheaper to fly out with one company and fly back with another, all these things can save you money. If you can be more specific with dates and the type of area you want then we may be able to help you out more. One thing I can say is that at that time of year the resorts will be really dead, bars clubs and hotels will be closed, I know that in Magaluf and Palma Nova you have a good chance of some bars open as Ive been there well of season myself. basically if you want a better chance with the weather and bars/nightlife I would head for the canaries at that time of year.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:04 am

I would just add to Daryn's comments Leah, book a hotel within an indoor swimming pool to cover that option.

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 am

Unfortunately Smithco's OP was written when a good few of us were away for the annual meet up in Majorca.

But the answers to both OP and Leah have been covered quite well by Daryn. Anything else, ask away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please   Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed to find a hotel in majorca please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com