Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Full Moon tonight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

Full Moon tonight - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Mark wrote:
It's well bright in the mornings at the moment del. Good try. Hand held again?

For others, you can tell it's a planet and not a star, one, by the size of it, -
it's bigger than a star, two, it doesn't 'twinkle' like a star, it's just a constant level of light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAioeWL1xaU
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Mick wrote:
Mark wrote:
Go on then. Enjoy your Celebration lol!

That is a Boost to my collection mate, glad you didn't fudge it. I can Revel in the rep from you. wink

Mark wrote:
That's no revelation Very Happy lol!

Keep up mate FFS roll eyes

lolol lolol lolol
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Dads, you're certifiable lolol lolol lolol
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:39 pm

lol! lol! this is a serious scientific section going into the Milky Way

I zoom the camera to maximum Daryn and it goes from a bright star to a round blob which darts around the screen. I then try and steady it and press the button. If the quality is reasonable on the pc you can then crop it (equivalent of zooming in) which makes it a bit bigger
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm

I'll have a go at getting saturn tomorrow then, if I'm up early enough, it should show some rings
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Mark wrote:
Mick wrote:
Mark wrote:
Go on then. Enjoy your Celebration lol!

That is a Boost to my collection mate, glad you didn't fudge it. I can Revel in the rep from you. wink

Mark wrote:
That's no revelation Very Happy lol!

Keep up mate FFS roll eyes

lolol lolol lolol

I will Wispa it next time mate. Embarassed Embarassed

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 am

In a Galaxy far far away, I took this one last night about 10pm in the North East direction not sure whether is it Mars or Venus again or even Daryn's bl##dy headlight lol!

Full Moon tonight - Page 2 001b10

I didn't wake up in time to get Saturn
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:01 am

I think thats Jupiter del.
I had a go at it before. The 'rings' (cloud formations rather than rings like Saturn) run from 11 to 5 if it was a clockface.

Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Jupite10
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 am

ah it was low in the sky just left of where the sun rises, it was obviously further away than venus as camera couldn't zoom in any further. On your picture you can see the rings but nothing on mine. Venus seems to have three darker patches towards the centre
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:25 am

Due to atmospherics, the focus on such long range things comes and goes in waves, it's a bit like trying to focus through a heat haze.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 am

Well got up early especially to get Saturn here it is, was it worth it pale

Full Moon tonight - Page 2 003a10

Venus was the centre of the clock and Saturn was at two as Mark said
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:58 am

and cropped

Full Moon tonight - Page 2 003b10
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 am

You can make it out just mate. clap clap

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 am

It would have been better if it had it's rings on the side horizonally lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:34 am

It is always difficult to shoot the rings right mate. wink

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 am

Well if they are the right way round at 3am, I'll get Beeech to shoot it Full Moon tonight - Page 2 3356767072
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 am

delboy wrote:
Well if they are the right way round at 3am, I'll get Beeech to shoot it Full Moon tonight - Page 2 3356767072

Knowing her, she will fall up the stairs trying to get a shot. roll eyes

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:06 am

and knocking the rings off all together lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

Hmmm, not sure. I thought you'd be able to see the rings to an extent. I was also up early and they were certainly bright in the sky. I think Jupiter was also high almost directly above your head if you were looking North, North/east.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 am

We should have a sky at night section, with your host Patrick "Mark" Moore. wink

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 am

oh, it might have been Beeech's tray flying across the sky then lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 am

delboy wrote:
oh, it might have been Beeech's tray flying across the sky then lol!

Again, Beeech might think that it was a UFO. eek

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 am

Well I was looking on the SE horizon, Venus was straight ahead in the middle and this object was directly above me about 2 o'clock on the clock if Venus was centre of the clock, have I discovered a new planet Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:23 am

Well I've had a look on:

http://hubblesite.org/explore_astronomy/tonights_sky/

and I think your photo is of Venus. I got it wrong about Saturn, it doesn't take long for the planets, which move quicker than stars, to change from Morning to Evening. The hubble site link above shows that Saturn and Mars are currently viewable to the West at about 8 pm.
Jupiter rises about 1 am and stays till dawn, but obviously gets higher nearer dawn, Venus then rises.
But I thought there was a third one visible early this morning, so that must be a star and not a planet.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:29 am

oh Venus (as I thought) was quite bright but just ignored it, as I thought (got that already) might have a look tonight then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Moon tonight   Full Moon tonight - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full Moon tonight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com