Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

east midlands airport - monarch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katy341

east midlands airport - monarch _
PostSubject: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am

wave hi everyone,

i haven't been on here in a while, i have been so so busy with uni work/12.5hr shifts i don't know whether i am coming or going violin

anyway, as some of you may remember, we won a return trip with the all inclusive accommodation that we used in may in cala dor.
we booked it for sep 12th - 19th and then all of a sudden flights went beyond belief expensive!!

£900+ to fly with jet2, easyjet, ryanair from our local airports. queue a 3wk battle of trying to get cheaper flights and we have ended up with monarch flights from east midlands - a 2.5hr drive from where we are but it was around £200-300 cheaper so definitely worth it.

ive never flown with monarch or from east midlands, we have got a great deal to stay overnight at the hilton with 8 nights car parking for £74 as we fly early in the morning and didnt fancy dragging the kids out at 1am to do the drive down.

can anyone tellme what monarch/em airport is like? are monarch kinda like jet2 (i.e not too bad r.e luggage) or like ryanair (where you would need to re-mortgage if your 0.03kg over?)

always get good advice here - so i know one of you will have some tips lol xx

hope everyone is well, and looking forward to upcomming hols!!

xx kate xx
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am

Hi Kate, I have flown from East Midlands a few times, as it is an easy Airport to get to with the M1 so close. It shocked me at some of the prices for your flight, what a rip off, that you have to travel so far from home, but a saving is a saving when all is said & done. I have flown with Monarch, but from Luton, & I found that they are a great Airline. More people will read your thread & comment further on Monarch, as quite a few of our members fly with them on a regular basis. You just have a great time on the 12th, & if you could put together a little review with some photo's please, that would be brilliant. cheers

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Kate, what a ripp off eh, never mind enjoy your holiday and we look forward to hearing all about it. Ive only flew with Monach once and it was back in 1993 so cant really comment on what they are like now.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Monarch are fine Katy, we have use them many times, seats are a little tighter than they use to be but would have not problem using them.
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:08 pm

I would agree Kate - I used them in April - some of the seating looked tight ( but not mine though as I had extra legroom ) ! Very Happy

Your flight is short though so will be fine .

The one thing I would say is that they were strict on the " only 1 piece of hand luggage ". I had a small case AND a handbag Embarassed

They made me put the bag into the case at all checkpoints - then I could take it straight out ! Rolling Eyes

I don't know about excess baggage, as mine was dead on weight angel .....you can pool the weight allowance though between your party -

so you can have 32 kilos and hubby 8kilos................

smile

Have a fab time sunny
Back to top Go down
katy341

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 pm

8kg..........why would he need 8kg??????????? Laughing

thanks everyone for your replies, they dont sound too bad at all!!!!!!!

xx kate xx
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:33 pm

East Midlands airport is pretty good, easy to find, just off the M1 and has everything you need. It is my airport of choice since it is 10 mins away! those prices sound way too high.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: east midlands airport - monarch   east midlands airport - monarch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

east midlands airport - monarch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com