Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cala Bona

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thedarg

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi guys, new here so please be gentle with me!
I'm heading for Cala Bona at the end of next month, and I'm looking for a few pointers:

First of all, I'd like to do a bit of fishing. Beach, rocks or pier (do they have piers there?), I don't much mind which, but if anyone has any suggestions for good spots, it would be helpful. I'm hiring a car, so distance isn't a great object. I also quite fancy some boat fishing if anyone has seen anyone advertising such a thing?

Secondly, after I've caught my fill of fish, untangled 300 yards of nylon, and removed countless hooks from my fingers, ears, and nether regions, where does a lively, single, 50+ bloke hang out in the evening, apart from the local library? Wink

And finally, where is the forum's get together, since I seem to be at the right time and place?

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Mark has been to CB in May mate, but he is away for a while. Delboy is your Fisherman. If you were in Magaluf, I would know exactly where to send you. The meet up is on the 1st of October at the Orion Bar in Palma Nova.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

I can't help you with the fishing, I know you are suppose to have a fishing licence in Spain.
Back to top Go down
thedarg

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:12 pm

delboy wrote:
I can't help you with the fishing, I know you are suppose to have a fishing licence in Spain.

Is that even for sea fishing, which is what I had in mind?
Ian
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I believe off the shore requires a licence, on a boat may be ok, boat owner would sort that

http://www.andalucia.com/rural/fishing.htm

read first bit about shore licence
Back to top Go down
thedarg

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Hmmm, so it looks like I'm going to have to drive from Palma airport, across the island to Cala Bona, then drive back to Palma in office hours for the license, then back to Cala again....mebbe I'll just no bother, and plead ignorance...?

And that just leaves the nightlife?

Ian
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Ive been to the Hotel Hawaii in Palma Nova a few times and there is lotsd of tourists do a bit fishing off there without anyone saying anything. Ive no idea about the resort but as Mick said Im sure Mark will be able to help when he gets back

jaybeeherts

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Cant help on legal bit about fishing but always seen people fishing of the rocks on the outside the harbour.There is a tourist info office in the harbour they may be able to help.Plenty of choice for entertainment.Sanddancers very friendly with good music,karaoke and a comedian some nights.Hotel Moreyo and Sur have street bars and alternate entertainment between them,always a good atmosphere,good acts usually at Alicia,Atolon and bonamar hotels.No need to be resident just by a drink and enjoy.Plenty of choice of entertainment just have a poke around and take your pick.We pop in the hotel lobbys to see whats on and pick one for later,then finish off in Sanddancers or the Moreyo etc.Sure youll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Not much I can add to JB's answer really thedarg.

Lots of fish in the harbour area of CB, I saw kids with small rods fishing so it must be alright. I also saw a kiosk on the walk down to Cala Millor, only about 10 min stroll, that was advertising boat fishing trips. There was also rod fishing off the beach in Cala Millor.
Back to top Go down
morlandg

morlandg

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Sorry to be a bit of a killjoy thedarg and mark but many years ago I (and lots of others) used to fish in the harbour at Cala Bona. Never caught anything mind - when you see the size of the fish then it makes you wonder how many are caught young - not many!
However when I was there in May this year there was absolutely no-one fishing there and there was a sign up saying 'No Fishing'.
Around the corner of the harbour on the rocks or off the beach you would probably get away with it but it's a bit like being on centre stage inside the harbour.
Changing the location but not the subject - in S'illot there is a lake with a wooden bridge over it and loads of people fish off the top of the bridge. Again not many fish caught. the local spanish lads just throw some bread into the water to start a frenzy of fish eating the bread and then drop a line with a hook(s) on the end into the middle of them and hoist away. Just gaff them. Not sporting.
One day when I have some time on my hands I will do a quick review of Sillot and the area around it from 1983 to present time........and I'll dig out some old pics.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:10 pm

That would be great if you would mate, as we don't have anything on S'Illot at the moment. clap clap

Cala Bona _
PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona   Cala Bona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cala Bona

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com