Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Volos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morlandg

morlandg

Volos _
PostSubject: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 am

Has anyone any experience of flying into Volos? And any advice or recommendations re resorts around the city? Within driving distance.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 am

Sorry I haven't landed there Graham, I know we landed near by, after leaving Skiathos, as it had the third shortest runway and we had to takeoff with minimum fuel and reland at Thessalonica to take on board fuel to get home
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 pm

No . . . sorry . . . I haven't even heard of it . . .

Will be watching the replies though . . .
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:50 pm

apparently direct flights are expensive and few fly there to Volos Graham, recommendations are to flight to Thessalonic 2/3 hour car journey or Athens 3/4 hour car journey. A few flights from Skiathos go there, so may be worth looking at as an alternative. I don't have any experience of doing it
Back to top Go down
morlandg

morlandg

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:57 pm

delboy wrote:
apparently direct flights are expensive and few fly there to Volos Graham, recommendations are to flight to Thessalonic 2/3 hour car journey or Athens 3/4 hour car journey. A few flights from Skiathos go there, so may be worth looking at as an alternative. I don't have any experience of doing it
The reason why I'm asking is that R****air fly there from Germany , Italy and Brussels. And from these airports to Malaga.
So - I can get to there quite cheaply. I think it would involve an overnight stay on one of the legs. From the little research I have done the resorts in that area look good. But you cannot beat first-hand experience!!
So the question.

Sorry - did I mention that I live in the CDS?
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 pm

Ah thought you were in the UK sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 pm

morlandg wrote:

Sorry - did I mention that I live in the CDS?

Whereabouts on the CDS mate, as I used to live in Arroyo de la Miel?

morlandg

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Mick - I live inland from Torre del Mar which is east of Malaga. If you know the area I live in the campo between Arenas and Sedella.
If you look at my signature then that shows my house which is for sale. Given the current crisis over here it's a good job that I am in no rush to sell...
It's just that my wife and I are 12 years older now and the house is too big for us (me) to maintain. We both still love it here but realistically we need to move down to the coast and into a town so that everyday needs are to hand without a 30 minute drive down the mountain.
¿move to Mallorca one day? I'd like to think so.
One of my sons lives in Torremolinos - in the El Pinillo area so very close to where you lived. Small world.
Graham
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Volos _
PostSubject: Re: Volos   Volos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Volos

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: GREECE includes Greek Islands :: HELP/INFO SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com