Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments _
PostSubject: Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments   Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Myrina is about 30 mins coach ride from the airport

We stayed at the Sotiris Apartments June 2012 there are two blocks, the original block are just studios, where the modern block are all apartments

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 09212

It had gardens and a small car park within it's grounds and two cleaners work meticulious inside and out, including sweeping the road outside

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 09312

The rooms were cleaned daily except Sunday where bins only were cleared that day, we had the studio room which was nice and big

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04214

The bed was really two 3' joined together but were very comfortable, all the furnishings in the room were new this year

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04611

The room had a new quiet fridge and a hob with two rings to cook, we didn't use the hob.

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04411

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 09711

The room has two veranda doors out onto a balcony, one has a mosquito net, to allow the door to be open during the day/ or night

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04512

and a plastic security door to lock.

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 11511

We were on the middle floor of three floors with a balcony, our block got the sun in the morning and cooler in the evening, ideal for us. The new block of apartments gets the sun in the afternoon.

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 09415

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04913

Our view from the balcony has the mountains at the side

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04714

and the same looking straight out showing the town's castle about 3/4 a mile away

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 11711

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 04813

Some of the new block had sea views but we were happy with ours

The rooms had free TV's but the programmes were all in Greek and as such, Sunvil do not advertise them but were sort of handy for the European football championships, however, some of the times the picture quality was too poor to watch

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 09512

The achilles heel if there was one, was the bathroom, which was rather small but we didn't spend too much time in there. If I had planned it, I would have used more of the large room space, to have made the bathroom bigger. There was only a shower no bath.

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 17311

Another nag I had, was the air conditioning was not allowed on when one left the room and had to be kept between 23-26 degs due to possible water leakage. The rules also applied to the new block which had new air con units. Although the 23 degs did do us we found our remote kept failing to switch it on/off and I had to turn it off at the main switch at one point. After it was established that new remotes would take 5 weeks, the owner decided fairly to replace the whole unit in ours and another apartment and we had the luxury of it for our last night

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 50211

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 50311

Equipment was fairly basic but it had that all important kettle and toaster which fullfilled our requirements

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 14513

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 14610

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 14712

Although the owner didn't speak English, the Sunvil rep Annette turned up every day to help with any queries and more than put in the hours to help, I had many chats about the world with her. Annette has lived on the island many years and is known throughout the town I would have thought known as Mrs Limnos.

The owner also brought around a bowl of apricots to everyone, picked off his tree

room prices listed

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 11212

Independents seem to go Heathrow to Athens, Athens to Limnos

There are two supermarkets that are not so close, the furthest one speaks English, although I had no problem getting goods from either. Apparently, if you need to bring back water, the shops will deliver it for you, but I didn't bother I carried it

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments 17410

Although the apartments are only 3/4 minutes from the best beach and one restaurant, with three others resto's really bars, it is 10 mins to the main restaurants, 12 minutes to the town and approx 20 minutes to the harbour

Summing up, the Sotiris is one of the best Greek places we have stayed at, clearly the apartments look a tad smarter than the studios and have a lounge room, not sure the extra cost would be necessary. Lots of walking required to eat in town but we would prefer the good beach near us and the walk into town in the evening to get a meal.

Last edited by delboy on Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:53 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments _
PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments   Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Excellent matter of fact review del, rep from me Thumsup
Back to top Go down

Greece, Island of Limnos, Myrina, Sotiris Apartments

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: GREECE includes Greek Islands :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com