Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

record hire car.....good experience!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
katy341

record hire car.....good experience!! _
PostSubject: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 pm

i posted on here before our holiday in may, saying how worried i was about Record car hire as i had heard and read such horrific reviews!!

well, i just wanted to share our story....

we originally booked as they appeared to be the only reputable company that accepted debit cards as opposed to credit cards. we went for the category that was a car fiesta or similar. as we paid by debit, we had to take out their comfort plus insurance which wasn't too bad price wise - had worse lol and a full tank but the good thing was we could bring it back empty (apparently, you have to take it back full usually).

anyway, on arrival to palma, we quickly found the desk near exit C. the only thing about the desk that drove me mad was that it was double sided and we queued from one side while those who hadn't queued at all got served before offtopic

anywhoooo....

below is a picture of 'rosita' - named so because its spanish (but you have to really pronounce the R rrrrrosita!! lol )

record hire car.....good experience!! DSCN0808
record hire car.....good experience!! DSCN0809
record hire car.....good experience!! DSCN0808

she was just beautiful, no scratches or dents and all hubcaps in place!! Laughing

maybe if your thinking of using record, request this car? the reg can be seen on the pics .. not sure if you can, but worth a go - only had 2500k on her and we drove from palma to cala d'or, went to cala millor twice, a seperate time to cala bona, alcudia, c'an picafort, some other random places where we got lost maddriver and also to palma another time before driving there to the airport.... and she still went back with quarter of a tank!!

anyway, just thought id share, because i was very worried and i needen't have been

xx kate xx
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Nice one Katy. Don't forget though, that you will have been charged for that full tank of petrol, so expect a charge of approx €80 on your card for that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks for the info have a rep

katy341

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 pm

oh yes, sorry we were charged and i knew we would be, but it says on their T+C's that when you dont take out their comfort plus insurance (so if your paying by credit card then you dont have to) then you are required to pay for a full tank and return it full where as we just had to pay for a full tank and return in empty

sorry, i should have said lol xx
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 pm

That's fine katy, thanks for clarifying. I think most people would prefer full/full rather than full/empty as the hire companies tend to charge a fair bit over and above the regular pump prices.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks very much for the information Katy, that is very useful, & well worth a rep. clap clap

Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 am

Good info to have . . . we were badly 'stung' in Crete a few years ago . . . makes me nervous of car hire now . . . Shocked
Back to top Go down
danzante

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Some excellent info on this Majorca forum, respect to you all. clap
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

Thank you cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: record hire car.....good experience!!   record hire car.....good experience!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

record hire car.....good experience!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com