Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures _
PostSubject: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Hotel Gaudalupe is my favourite place in Magaluf. The hotel has a brilliant pool and rooms ,the restaurant is really clean and new, food is excellent and so is the service. You would find it hard to get a better hotel.
The area is great being on the flat and not far away from the beach, there is several brilliant bars around the hotel and your about a 15 minute walk away from the strip ,so its far enough away not to disturb you at night.
This was the first hotel I ever used in Spain way back in 1986 and it just improves with age.
http://www.solmelia.com/hotels/spain/majorca/sol-guadalupe/home.htm

Last edited by Daryn on Fri May 06, 2011 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Well we arrived at our hotel but didnt get the pool view we asked for but doesnt everyone ask for this lol. The food is still really nice and the staff are very friendly, We watched a show last night but it wasn't good lol all the songs were mimed hehehe we had a laugh but |I couldnt wait to get out hehehe. The only bad thing about this hotel is the room size ,they are really nice but very small. But it wouldnt put me of coming back as everything else is spot on.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:57 pm

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo011
The Sol Gaudalupe is still my favourite hotel in Magalluf. I stayed there in 1986 as my first holiday abroad and it has just improved over the years with a new pool area, reception and restaurant. The staff are all very professional and polite.

POOL AREA

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo013
This year the hotel as well as the resort has been very quiet and as a result there was no need to get up at daftoclock in the morning for a sunbed, this picture is from August this year 2010 and was taken at about 9.30am just before we went for breakfast which was spot on. As you can see there is lots of beds available.
Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo014
It looks really strange I have never known this happen before as its normally hectic .
Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo015
Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo016

The pool area at night is fantastic as it slowly changes colour I have this on video which I will post a link for you soon on youtube

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Sdc11511

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Sdc11512

VIEW FROM OUR ROOM

Unfortunately we didnt get a pool view this year so were at the back of the hotel but it were not all bad as we good see the hills and had a sea view.

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo017

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo018

Here is my great friend Micks favourite apartments right opposite,hey we could shout at each other lol
Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo019

THE RECEPTION AREA

The reception area is just as impressive as the rest of the hotel. And having the added bonus of my wife and daughter standing there it makes it even more of an attractive area to be in.

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Sdc11410

ROOMS

Now the rooms, although these are very tastefully decorated and modern and the the bathrooms are super clean with hairdryers fitted not that I need them lol I still feel like this is the bit of this hotel that lets it down, Im also sure that this is the reason this 3 star hotel has not made it to 4 star status as it beats any three and 4 star Ive been to in Spain. The rooms are tiny and when your a family of 3 and the get that 3rd bed in there its even more of a squeeze.

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Sdc11513

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Sdc11514

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Sdc11515

FOOD

Now in all the years Ive been going to this hotel the standard of the food has always been fantastic, honest Ive not had a bad meal there yet. They cater for everyone, you dont only get the full English breakfast with the chef standing there cooking them fresh eggs the way you like them, they cater for all nationalities ,there is cold meats, fruit, cakes and cereals. For Tea there was everything from a full English style meals to Italian pasta and pizzas, lots of fish dishes including the famous Spanish Paella there is always something for everyone and its always done to a very high standard, I wish I had taken a photo ,Ill fly out next week and get a few photo's if the wife will let me lol.

NIGHTLIFE IN THE HOTEL

The shows in the hotel were not really for me ,the entertainment team put there all into it and very good they were too, singing shows they done such as Grease and the horror show all the music was mimed but the dance routines were very good. They did have outside entertainers come in also the 70's show was good brilliant singers hitting them disco and motown hits ,(not mimed) really brilliant singers.

This hotel is ideal for anyone wanting comfy surrounding with brilliant meals at the more quite end of Magalluf situated on the flat so no hilly walks, its very close to the nightlife but not enough to disturb your sleep. One of my favourite old bars across the road is Manos and the lager was very nice and only €1.50 but there is 2 bars to this and only one was open again a first for me to see this at peak time. Woodys is next door and has really cheap internet much cheaper than the hotel again his lager was really nice at €1.50 and they have all the soaps on for you to catch up with as I know alot of folk love this.

WOULD I GO BACK

If I went to Magaluf then yes I would go back to this hotel I dont think you can go wrong, Magalluf is Magalluf and so every hotel sometimes gets rowdy kids but we never seen this due to there being cheaper accommodation around. There is an apartment block along side the Gaudalupe callled the Magamar Apartment that is a bit rowdy but you dont hear it from the hotel as there are no rooms facing it.

There is one thing that this hotel cannot control
The weather on our last day lol

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Photo020

If I remember anything else I will add it later, I will also post a link to the small video I have of the hotel pool area, if anyone has any questions then Im always here to reply.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Well done mate it felt like I was in the room with you. Anybody wanting to book the Sol Gaudalupe will have a great feel for it with the excellent photos
and your accompanying review
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Delboy....I don't think you would have fitted in the room !

FAB review Daryn - as you said , the room DID look very compact ! Rest of it looked great though ...

I LOVE the first and last day pics of the hotel - what a difference in weather....!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Great review with fantastic photo's mate. In October, I will shout at you from across the pool area, as I will be in the loonies & moron's apartments opposite. Wink Laughing

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:57 pm

Nice one Daryn.

I'm not surprised to say that there's a lot of similarities with the Mirlos Tordos... both are owned by Sol, so things like the furniture are obviously a job lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 am

Thanks folks Ive more to come about the resort and bars

debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 am

What an excellent review & pics, it makes me feel like I've stayed there.

Deb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:48 am

Just a little update on the Gaudalupe. When I was on sol melia website and going to book it they now have options which they never had before or if they did Ive never noticed them. Pool view costs extra now ,they also have big family rooms but these are a lot more expensive. I was gonna pay extra for a pool view but thought we would never be in the room. When we got there they asked us what floor we wanted to be on and if we wanted a pool view or the back of the hotel at no extra cost. This must be because its of season and pretty much empty.So there you go ,if you go in October dont pay extra, but saying that the way the forum is going the hotel could be fully booked up next year lol

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Gaudalupe September 30th to October 3rd

Just thought I would add a little to this review as a bit of an update..........

Nothing to report much the same as before really, the Gaudalupe is a great hotel off season, Ive had some good times and some bad in peak season but that's Magaluf for you its a kids paradise and party place. Food is of good quality, the rooms are nice and clean, the only thing that gets me is someone mentioned before that the star rating has alot to do with the room sizes, these rooms are not big but the hotel is now a 4 star but it does have a great pool area and reception. Ive stayed there for years the first being 1986 and I like to go back every now and then to see how it progresses.

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120527

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120526

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120525

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120524

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120523

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120522

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120521

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120520

These were the views from our balcony which indecently we didn't have to pay extra for a pool view clap

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120591

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120590

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120589

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120588

When you come up the main entrance to the Gaudalupe these apartment or on the left, we have stayed at the Gaudalupe before peak season and when you walk up towards the main entrance of the hotel its like a zoo in these apartment's, kids shouting from one balcony to another and loud music. We actually stayed at that side of the hotel once and I had to go out in the corridor and shut all the windows as the noise was terrible, better to stay in the centre of the hotel or the Sol Y Vera end but off season it makes no difference. This is an honest review of this hotel, I have stayed there many different times of the year.

Hotel Rocks sister apartment block

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures P1120593

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

yes looks like a reasonable hotel in the wrong place, rep from me
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Good video accompanying your photo's mate. clap clap

PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures   Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sol Guadalupe Hotel review with pictures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com