Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cala Bona Town overview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Cala Bona Town overview _
PostSubject: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:21 am

We stayed in the town of Cala Bona in May 2012.
If you were just on a drive through, you might come to the impression that the resort is pretty dead…

Cala Bona Town overview CBstreet

… as the main road through the town doesn’t have an abundance of bars or touristy things. The resort is more of a pedestrianised resort, where you can walk, pretty much traffic free, down into Cala Millor.
The walkway starts just to the north side of the marina in Cala Bona…

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarina1

… and leads into the ‘town square’, which is just outside of the imaginatively named ‘Hotel Cala Bona’.

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarina3

Here you will find the largest collection of restaurants, all encircled around the marina.

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarina5

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarina4

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarina8

If you then walk around, following the shoreline, you come across another small avenue of restaurants and bars, all overlooking the sea.

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarina6

You couldn’t call the beaches in Cala Bona ‘award winning’, by any stretch of the imagination, as they are simply small clearings with gritty sand on.

Cala Bona Town overview CBbeach1

The walkway down to Cala Millor, with intergrated cycle path, continues, with the usual mixture of shops and restaurants along the side.

Cala Bona Town overview CBtoCMwalk1

There doesn’t appear to be a marked boundary where Cala Bona ends, and Cala Millor starts, as they run into each other (like Palmanova and Magalluf to an extent), but seemingly where the rocky coastline ends, and the sandy beach starts, is the boundary.

Cala Bona Town overview CBtoCMwalk2
Cala Bona Town overview CBtoCMwalk14

The return walk in the evening is well lit and trouble free, no lookie lookie men pestering you along the way.

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarinanight

With just views of the moon shimmering off the sea to pause and reflect on.

Cala Bona Town overview CBmarinamoon

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:10 am

yes it's the sort of place built around a harbour then Mark, nice in the restaurants in the evenings.

rep from me cheers
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm

A bit like chalk & cheese CB & CM, but another great review with your photo's, another rep mate. clap clap

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Rep from me matey, it looks alot smaller than what I thought. So I take it no bar areas around the town at all and just the restaurant bars on the coastal area

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:52 pm

There's a couple of bars away from the paseo Daryn, but you're right, it's mostly centred around the prom.
Nothing like PN where the bars 'have' to put on entertainment to attract the punters. In CB they are more likely to close at midnight once the eating crowd have finished. But I was there out of season really so it might be different later on. If you look on you tube the main square has all sorts of street entertainers, jugglers etc, in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Another great resort overview, gives people an idea oft what it is actually like.

Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Another rep for you Mark . . . .
I liked the look of the restaurants overlooking the sea past the marina . . .
(I prefer to see fishing boats in a harbour than a marina . . )

Great review - will have to look it up on the map! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

A rep from me too. If you noticed the promenade has fish patterns in along the way and If I recall correctly there is a rhyme which goes

Fish on the floor, Cala Millor, fish are gone Cala Bona.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:30 pm

roamer wrote:

If you noticed the promenade has fish patterns in along the way and If I recall correctly there is a rhyme which goes

Fish on the floor, Cala Millor, fish are gone Cala Bona.

that really rhymes !

lolol

Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:31 pm

That's what I was thinking . . . . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Perhaps it does with a spanish accent Beee wink ch
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:33 pm

touche roamer - !

so they say feesh are gonna.... !

Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm

beeech wrote:

touche roamer - !

so they say feesh are gonna.... !

Si Beeeeeeech biggrin
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:39 pm

roamer wrote:

Si Beeeeeeech biggrin

and now you can understand how I got my name.................. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:45 pm

beeech wrote:
roamer wrote:

Si Beeeeeeech biggrin

and now you can understand how I got my name.................. Very Happy

rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:35 am

It might be the fish are are a gonna, Cala Bona ? scratch lolol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cala Bona Town overview   Cala Bona Town overview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cala Bona Town overview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: CALA BONA :: CALA BONA RESORT-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com