Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Protur Bonaire apartments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Protur Bonaire apartments _
PostSubject: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 6:56 pm

We stayed at the Bonaire in May 2012.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairefront1

The Bonaire is part of the Protur Group of Hotels, and is located in Cala Bona, Majorca, on the north east coast.
Reception was bright and relaxed, check in was simple and fuss free.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairerecep2
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairerecep1

The hotel is a complex of 5 blocks, of which 4 are accommodation blocks.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairemap

There are other buildings which house the indoor pool that don’t have a designated block number.
We were in block 5, (Room 5103) with a pool view, which has the sun in the afternoon.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairebalc1

The view from our balcony.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairebalc3

However, the balcony next door (Room 5104) didn’t have such a good a view.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairedebs

All of the apartments are one bedroom, with self catering facilities. The hotel offers s/c, b/b, HB, and all inclusive.
The rooms are well appointed, having had a recent refurbishment. The quality of the fittings used, are well in keeping with the hotel’s 4 star status.
Lounge pictures:

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom1
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom2
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom7

There is a good choice of English TV channels on the 32 inch plasma TV. Channels include BBC 1 & 2, ITV 1,2,3,4, Ch 4, Film 4, More 4, Cbeebies, and Sky Sports, there are also some other English channels, as well as a selection of Spanish channels.

The bedroom is a generous size, with 2 single beds pushed together.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom3

There is a dressing table and a double wardrobe in the bedroom, with the safe being in this wardrobe. Hire cost for the safe is €14 for the week.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom8

There is a further double wardrobe just outside the bedroom and bathroom doors.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom6

The bathroom is 3 piece, with shower over the bath. The pressure is good and there was always hot water.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireroom9

There is an indoor pool housed to the rear of Block 4, there’s also Jacuzzi’s and saunas in this block.
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireindoorpool1

Next door to the indoor pool is a children’s splash zone, with multiple slides and water jets, based around a pirate ship.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairesplash1
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairesplash2
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairesplash3

To the side of the splash zone is a grassed area, where people were also relaxing on sun loungers.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairegrounds

The main pool is a series of several pools connected together. With the children’s splash zone attracting the children, the main pool is reasonably quiet. There appeared to be adequate sun loungers.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepool2

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepool11

There is a pool snack bar based in the centre of the main pool area. You can buy drinks, snacks, and ice lollies.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepool12
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepoolsnacks4

There is also a side bar where the lunchtime all inclusive meals (snacks) are served from. (There is also a more regular lunchtime meal served in the main restaurant).

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepoolsnacks1
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepoolsnacks2

These appeared to be freshly cooked, they even had a spit roasting a kebab at the rear!

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairepoolsnacks3

To the rear of the pool bar, and to the rear of the reception block, was the external entertainment area. This was tiered in it’s layout, which looked impressive.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireexternalseats

Although we stayed on a self catering basis, we looked in the dining room at the presentation of the evening meal. S/C guests could upgrade to all inclusive at a cost of €47 per person per day, the cost for half board guests to upgrade was €19. You could also just purchase the evening meal for €17 person, without drinks.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto3

There is a daily show cooking area, when we looked there was Pork Chops and Fish Fillets being cooked.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto2

There was the standard buffet layout of various salads and other main meals.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto5
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto6

There seemed to be a good selection of desserts, including pancakes (crepes) and rich chocolate puddings.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto8
Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto9

There was also a cheeseboard.

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonaireresto7

I thought that the meals offered were of a good standard, given the confines of buffet catering, and the dining room was clean and relaxed.

On the whole, it’s difficult to find much to fault with the hotel. About the only remarks to make is that the wi-fi wasn’t free (€2 for 1 hour, €7 for 3 days), and it wasn’t available in the rooms, only the reception area. We also had a problem with ants in the kitchen area of the apartment on the 2nd day, however, this appeared to be speedily resolved after reporting it to reception.
There is a lot more that could be mentioned. Bicycle hire was available in reception, starting at €2 for one hour. There were several children’s soft play areas…

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairekids1

…with slides and helter skelters. There was also a daily pool games, a crèche, face painting, a gym, a teenager’s hang out area, and a main bar with hotel entertainment in the evenings.
The bar also served excellent cocktails!

Protur Bonaire apartments Bonairecocktail

I would almost certainly return, although I would probably avoid high season, as the set up for families with children is all too apparent, and I tend to look for a more adult orientated environment.

Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Brilliant Mark Very Happy

have a rep !

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Have a rep Mark that was great, the photos are excellent and so is the info.

That property looks really nice, a place I would stay. I love the fact that the outside etertainment area was on tiers.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I cant wait to see the resort review. clap

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Brilliant Mark, done in the true MF style everything explained as it is cheers cheers cheers
rep from me
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:51 pm

That is why I left the review to you Mark, excellent & a rep from me clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:15 pm

All inclusive for 47 euro's per day, rep off for that. affraid affraid affraid affraid

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:05 am

Nice review Mark always wondered what it was like in the Bonaire as it is the most popular family hotel/aparthotel in the area.Unfortunately closest ive ever been is booze up in sanddancers with the lovely reps at some stupid hour !!! Smashing looking place though and i can see why its so popular,but as you say not my cup of tea now ,trying to enjoy life without the kids its our turn now.Thanks for the pics i now know what its like past going in to buy a bottle of water on the last leg of our cycle ride.Bike hire in Bona itself by the way ,approx 5-10 mins walk was 5 euro per day if i remember right.Certainly no more than six or her indoors wouldnt have paid it but darent wake her to confirm Sleep Would give you a rep but dont know how hee hee.Sure someone will explain in morning .Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bella
Girl Power Member
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:24 am

Fabulous review and pictures Mark....fourteen years since I was there, it has certainly stood the test of time....Son enjoyed it last year and I'm sure he will again this year (June) Well deserved rep. Glad you all enjoyed it, look forward to your review of Cala Bona. Smile
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:41 am

jaybeeherts, to gave a rep look on the top right handside of someones post and you will see a plus and minus sign, click the plus for a positive rep and a minus for a negative rep. clap

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:28 am

Thanks for all the reps and nods of approval.

How to use the rep system is explained here JB:

https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t7013-using-the-rep-button

I didn't set the all inclusive prices Mick! We worked it out one day, the alternative cost. Breakfast in the town was about €5, say €6 with tea/coffee. Lunch was a similar price if you just had a burger, but with a drink, probably €8. The cost of evening meals was wide ranging, but an average would have been about €18 each. This comes to €32. So from €47 you only need to drink €15 worth a day (or eat ice lollies lol), at €3 for beer and €2.50 for coke/coffee etc you only need 5 drinks to break even.
So it sounds a lot, but it's comparable if you're going to eat and drink the same way. Of course the limitation is that it ties you to the hotel. But if you were on a hungry/thirsty day you would easily cover the cost of the upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:31 am

I've added a youtube video of the pool scene now.

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Good video there mate, rep from me. clap clap

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Great vid have another rep clap

If I ever stopped over that side of the Island I think this would defo be a place for me to stay ,it looks really nice Im well impressed

theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:12 am

Rep for you Mark . . .
Great review! cheers
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Great review Mark, have yourself a rep clap

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Thats a great review and lovely photos, the complex looks really gppd my little one would love the splash zone.

couple reps at least !
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:13 pm

lol! I think you can only give one . . but hey . . I'm not an expert!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 pm

You can only rep each post the once... but you can rep any post in a thread (like this one for instance).

Cheers ian Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Pardonez? rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Malc

Malc

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Mark,
I've just seen this review while I was looking around the site.
Thomsons seem to keep having this accomadation at a good price, and after seeing your review it,s worth a go for us.
You are always wary when a holiday is at a good price but after your review I could definately go to the Bonair.
We went in an apartment to Cala Bona in September 07 and really enjoyed eating around the harbour.
You bring back the ditty we used to sing when walking back from Cala Millor after a few drinks and wanting to know when we had reached Cala Bona. "Cala Millor fish ont' floor, Cala Bona fish a gonna"
My fist rep to you Mark. clap
Well i've tried to rep but I can't get the plus and minus up. Embarassed
It.s OK I've sorted it now and done the job.
What's it like to be a newbie?
Back to top Go down
Malc

Malc

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Yes I've done it beeech. clap
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 am

Glad you enjoyed the review Malc and that it helped you make a decision of whether to go or not.
Cala Bona is an excellent chill out town and for the life of me I can't see why the Bonaire gets such good prices in the early season. Shocked
Have a rep yourself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marshall117

PostSubject: Just Got Back   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Although I was not a member here, I thought I would join just to put my thoughts of Protur Bonaire apartments.
I went with my wife from 11th march-18th, half board.
Both of us were extremely pleased with this hotel.
Meals were great
Plenty of salad and usually a couple of fish dishes and meat to choose from, including a live grill where a small selection of things were cooked fresh (Prawns, Fish, chops, grilled veg etc)
The room we stopped in was also good.
There was a nice main room/kitchenette, a bathroom/Toilet, and a decent sized bedroom.
There were also 2 sofa beds in the main room.
It was nice to have a modern flat screen TV as we take a USB stick(full of movies), a HDMI cable and a media streamer, so that later on in the evening we can relax in the room and watch a movie.
The staff were all friendly, most of them making the effort to speak to you in English.
Its on the edge of the resort, just enough so its quiet but near enough to go out.
If like us you hire a car there is also plenty of parking outside the hotel.
Oh, it is also disabled friendly, something we always check as we take my wife's father away for a week later in the year and he uses a wheelchair.
All in all we were amazed at what we got for the price we paid.
Mind you, this was early in the season, so what its like main season I do not know.
Hope this helps in anybody's decision to go

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:06 am

Hi Marshall117  wave  and welcome to the forum looks like your a member now my friend  Thumsup  

Well for your first post you already have two reps, great write up and a new tip for me, never thought about putting films on a memory stick for the modern tv sets in the rooms but i know now so thanks for that tip.

Hope you like our little forum and look forward to getting to know you, please dont be a stranger we are all very friendly and have banter about anything not just holidays.

clap  Thumsup 

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 am

Nice one marshall clap we stayed there and endorse everything you say. You was also there whilst another forum member - Debdon - was there.
At this time of year Thomson do some amazingly cheap deals for this hotel, I've no idea why, as it's one of there more expensive hotels to stay at in the summer.
In fact, on a recent thread in the banter section, some price comparisons were done, and it was found that you could go to the Caribbean in June just as cheaply as staying at the Bonaire on the same-ish dates wah
rep from me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protur Bonaire apartments   Protur Bonaire apartments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protur Bonaire apartments

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: CALA BONA :: CALA BONA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com