Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios _
PostSubject: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 am

Yeah Mon!
Let me hear you say I – ree!!

Welcome to Jamaica where the sea is blue and the land is green. The people are friendly but would sell you anything, even the dust on the floor, if given the chance!

We stayed at Ocho Rios on the North coast of the Island In Sep 08.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon200a First impressions.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon123 There seemed to be a lot of hanging around.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon077

The town is a port of call for many Caribbean cruise ships and a sight often to be seen in the harbour.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon021

The cruise ships dock at a pier…

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon089

…that leads directly into a boardwalk environment which is Named Island Village.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon090

There’s shops fall of touristy trinkets and the set up is to let everyone see a glimpse of Jamaica in a snap shot environment.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon086

So Jamaica without Bob Marley just doesn’t quite go does it?

The other end of the beach leads to the hotel we stayed at, called the Sunset Jamaica Grande.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon085

This is a 4 star all inclusive resort where you don’t really need to go out of the resort. It has it’s own water sports (free), several dining options (including Goat Curry most days!!), several pools with water slides, own private beach, swim up bars, night time shows… you get the picture.
A selection of pictures:
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon010 Swim up bar open till 1am
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon020 There was a separate water sports beach to the main beach.
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon025 Slides with waterfall in the background
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon029 A cocktail called ‘Bob Marley’ yumm slurp hic!

There was another pool that was themed to resemble many of the waterfalls that are to be found all over the island.
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon030
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon031

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon035

The food was pretty good. You had a choice of buffet or á la carte.
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon164 Rack of Lamb
Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon082

Some nights the evening meal would be moved to the beach and bonfires would be lit all along

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon150

The Barman were just crazy, so happy and smiling all the time, after a few days one said to my missus, “Don go telly me wa ya’ll wanna b drinky, mee know off by ‘art now den…”

He then proceeded to pour out her drink with the glass balancing on his head!!

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon120

There was never a problem getting a sunbed…

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon149

And the beach was straight out of a picture book…

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon142
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:55 am

Two more pics, a windey type of river pool round the resort, and the lighthouse where the slides start.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon118

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon197
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:21 am

looks amazing !
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Mark that looks real good and your article is real style, having read it, I starting to speak the lingo now. That rack of lamb I would eat every night and the sweet looks real nouvelle cuisine. We gave Jamaica some thought a few years back but the crime problem put us off. Having seen the resort I think I could happily spent two weeks inside there.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Yet again Mark, a top review with your great photo's. cheers

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:45 pm

I loved it and really appreciate the time you put into these reviews well done cheers

Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Wow Mark that certainly looks the bizz sunny

Great review cheers

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Can't believe the size of me in these pics surprised
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:07 pm

I almost could do a separate hotel review of this place, as I've just dug out the waterfall pics to put on Yozefs thread in photography, aside from the sights that are out and about.

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon061

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Honeymoon054

Funny looking back on old reviews. No reps on this one so it was before reps were invented.

Surprised the pics aren't in black & white lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:22 pm

never mind I'll give you one Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

3 years ago, way before Repgate. roll eyes 

PostSubject: Re: Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios   Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caribbean Islands, Jamaica, Ocho Rios

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CARIBBEAN includes Anguilla, Dominican Republic, Jamaica :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com