Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

easy jet booking, good news story

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chelsearo

easy jet booking,  good news story _
PostSubject: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:09 am

Hi all, thought I would let you know about this.

Last night we wanted to book our flights to Mallorca and this time fly from the new terminal at Southend as it was quicker to get to and we have friends who live about five minutes away who have said we could park on their drive and thus save us money in parking.

So we went online and looked at the flights we wanted, just before we pressed the button my wife wanted to confirm that they were going to be cheaper than flying from Stansted so we did a quick search.

Yep all good Southend cheaper and a great times of the day, so we switched back from Stansted to Southend and pressed the button and paid for the flights..................... Got the confirmation but to our horror we were flying from Stansted and then our return flight to Southend, SH*T!

We went back in and amened the flights, however got an additional charge of £140 because of the amendments, my wife could have cried after all that.

So we went to bed hacked off at what we had done, clearly our fault but a mistake none the less.

My wife, said she would call easy Jet to explain, I wasn't holding out much hope.

Anyway she speaks to a chap named Peter who was most sympathetic and helpful, he then credited our account for £140 there and then! Result!

Now I wasn't expecting them to do this at all, but it appears that if caught ealry they will do what they can, we were told that in future if we do it again, to leave bookings as they are and call within 24 hours to be changed. Not sure if all airlines would do the same.

So we have flights booked, £140 in credit which means one of two things, my wife takes the kids to see family in Jersey (flying from Southend as well!!) or I get to have a lads weekend in Mallorca in the early summer!!!!! Win/win!!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH nice one, glad you got that cash back. phewwwwwwwwwwwww

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:58 am

That's good news Chelsearo
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:29 pm

Great story CR, & a rep for letting us know. Thumsup I am glad that it all worked out for you both, & as you say a win win situation. clap clap But fair play to Easyjet as well, for refunding your £140. bravo I wonder if Ryanair would have done that? nono

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Nice one Ro. I've also found easyjet to be a lot better than their publicity suggests.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

They were very good when the Ash cloud disrupted our holiday with them too easy jet booking,  good news story 4182924253
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: easy jet booking, good news story   easy jet booking,  good news story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

easy jet booking, good news story

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com