Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Majorca In May

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simon2011

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

I am going to majorca in may (Only a couple of weeks away) And staying In S Illot and was wondering what there was to do there as i am going on my own
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi Simon, well got to say I havent a clue but hope someone can help you out, not been to that side of the Island before but please when you go bring some photos back to show us and maybe a little review, lets see if anyone can help you out.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Not really a nightlife resort, a quiet typically Spanish town with a few tourists sums it up better. Taxi into Cala Millor 5 mins away for €5, for the nightlife.

Caves of Drach are the most popular tourist attraction in the area, although there are several other cave sites as well.

What sort of stuff was you hoping to do Simon?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm

When you go Simon, I hope that you have a great time, & as Daryn says, if you could do a review with photo's, that would be brilliant. Also we aren't a bad bunch on here, honest. wink

andytaj

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Any of you out there who will be in Majorca before the 7th of May.....

Have a word! That weather needs to warm up a bit..

According to MyWeather and HolidayWeather websites its a a bit cooool.

The missus is demanding Hot! Twisted Evil

Cheers

Andy & Tracey
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:18 pm

hehehe good luck mate, Im sure if she explains this to the weather man he might change it to hot for her rolling laughing

If only we could lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Well at least 2 forum members will be out there before then!

Seriously, no one can tell that far in front, but I find the Accu forecast pretty good.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/es/palma-de-mallorca/308014/daily-weather-forecast/308014?day=11

And it seems that it's warming up nicely for early May!! cheers

(We go on the 4th lol)

Majorca In May  Accu_m10
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 pm

andytaj wrote:
Any of you out there who will be in Majorca before the 7th of May.....

Have a word! That weather needs to warm up a bit..

According to MyWeather and HolidayWeather websites its a a bit cooool.

The missus is demanding Hot! Twisted Evil

Cheers

Andy & Tracey

Rep for you Andy, as you will need it to get the weather Hot for your OH mate. wink

lolol lolol lolol lolol

andytaj

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm

If I show her the Accu forecast and it's cooler, I will be in the sh.........deep trouble.

Where abouts you going Mark?

Cheers

Andy & Tracey

Just loaded that website, It don't look so good on my computer, Mark.

pale
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:55 pm

We're going to try Cala Bona this time Andy. I think the main think is to look at the UV index, and the 'feels like' bit. In May, when the sun is out in Majorca, the UV index is higher than it gets in the UK, and the burn quickly factor is there, i've been burnt several times even on overcast days Evil or Very Mad

And no-one can tell the weather for 2 weeks time anyway. Maybe in the Sahara in July but that's about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andytaj

andytaj

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 am

It'll be our first time in Majorca. We've been going to Cabo Roig on the mainland for the last few years.

Normally we go in June, but this year we've had to go a little earlier because we may be going to Australia next February
to see our daughter.
So lots of saving required for that one!

I know these weather sights err on the side of caution, so we're really quite ok about the weather.
It's a relaxing break we need, as our family is expanding at a rate of knots.
Grandchildren are arriving like buses Very Happy

So if we can't do this sunbathe we'll do this beer drinker or hopefully both with a bit of this hungry

Here's to Cal San Vicente on the 7th May.

Cheers

Andy & Tracey
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:26 am

As has been pointed out Andy, you might get a bit of a mixed bag of weather, but more than enough to have a great time mate. We normally go at the last week in May, but this year we go on the 15th, a week earlier. The weather you can feel building up every day, it seems to be getting hotter. But if you meet Mark Andy, he is a little ray of sunshine all on his own mate. wink

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Majorca Mad
Mark

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 am

Who's this Mark Andy bloke? lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 am

wasn't he starring in Cleopatra lol!
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 am

Yes, he had a big Asp
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 am

Mark wrote:
Who's this Mark Andy bloke? lol!

Brother of Handy Andy I think mate. clever

andytaj

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 pm

I had a dog with a hair lip.

You should have heard his mark.

See what i did there? biggrin
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Mark don't do hair
Back to top Go down
katy341

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 pm

oooo ive been to both cala bona and s'illott.....

we found s'illott to be quiet-ish! but there were quite a few nice little bars hidden more away from the sea front that served lovely cocktails Laughing and cala bona ..... awww i just lurve lurve lurve it!! wandering along the pedestrianized area with lots of bars and restaurants .... i notice a theme here! i do like my cocktails lol your on holiday - would be rude not to i think! drunk

xx kate xx

oooo only 8more sleeps now!! smile
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:53 pm

oh please take some pictures for us Kate
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Pretty sure cala D'Or is going to be similar to Cala Bona Katy, hope you have a great week!

Weather forecast for thursday and friday is a bit grim (rain) but hey ho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
katy341

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:31 pm

well if it is mark, il be more than happy!! rules

xx kate xx
Back to top Go down
andytaj

andytaj

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi all

Accuweather is promising a couple of days around 80 degrees between 7th and 14th May.

The missus is cheering up by the day sunbathe

Cheers Andy
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Really Andy? I haven't been watching it pinocchio lolol
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 pm

according to my computer Andy, it was 85 in Palma today at one point, dropping to 75 later in the afternoon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Majorca In May  _
PostSubject: Re: Majorca In May    Majorca In May  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Majorca In May

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com