Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 am

Glad MF has helped you Gemma, ask away as has been said before. clap clap

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:30 pm

I can't add much to the excellent set of pictures that both Del and Yozef have provided. There are some small changes, but essentially the rooms are the same, big TV with only 3 English channels, ITV4, BBC1, and CBBC (which became BBC4 some nights later on).
I can't tell from Yozef's main pool pic, but behind the big stack of sunbeds, by the window for the internal bar serving spot, they have built an outdoor pool bar, which is quite big, has plasma TV's on the walls, and looks modern and up to date. No pic, sorry. Embarassed 

The sunbeds have been changed for modern, quite plush, ones, with 4 degrees of upright settings.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020341

A couple of pics of the lower kids splash area as it isn't detailed on the other pics.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020342

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020343

Our impressions of the hotel are sullied as we had a rubbish maid, our room wasn't really clean, hairs all over the balcony, and one day a ripped towel was the 'new' exchange one given.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020344

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020345

The mirror in bathroom was showing signs of age around the edges.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020349

Food. Well, the breakfast was as good as you can get without going up to 5 star IMO. Proper bacon that was show cooked. Bucks fizz available. A great selection of all the other main things. But the other meals were hit and miss. Chicken drumsticks in batter was offered one day?? But the next day they did a very tasty Jamaican beef curry, with curried rice cooked paella style, with fresh show cooked noodles and stir fry vegetables.
Food serving times are a little different, evening meal available from 18.30, breakfast goes up to 10.30. All other times are the same.

We had a bit of a sea view from our room, the pool view rooms are an upgrade at €6 per night, and the 'superior' rooms, with sea view, were an extra €10 per night upgrade.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020346

Looks like we had a new balcony table compared to you guys.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020347

But overall the hotel presents itself well.

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 P1020348

So, overall, IMO, the hotel is just a plain old 3 star, with a few plus points, but not enough good points to warrant a 4 star status.
No free wi-fi.
All inclusive snacks only available 11.00am - 18.00pm.
Room towels are several years old.
No pool towels.
Rubbish TV with not enough channels.
Room lighting is too dark. Energy saving bulbs account for some of this but not sufficient.
Air con in room only just sufficient, on full blast all the time.

I'd go again if the deal was good though.

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:35 pm

a good honest opinion there Mark, rep from me
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:30 am

Nice one mate, Im sure I saw something sticking out in the mirror but it might just be my eyes Shocked .

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Good honest review there mate, rep from me as well. clap

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Possibility of booking here (Marina Torrenova) or Sol Mirlos/Tordos for a week in October for 3 us, my lad will be 13 then. Would be going AI but we do get out & about a fair bit, walking mainly, thinking of Palma Nova as since the island will be a bit quieter in Oct we should go to a busier resort?
Looking for the thoughts of people who've been to both as to which one's the best. Read the reviews on here & TA and there seem to be mixed views on both.
I'm betting Mark will vote Sol Mirlos/Tordos  Laughing 
Cheers in advance,
HH.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:35 am

hi happy h.

sol mirlos would be my choice too.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:26 am

It's always a job to know how to call one hotel over another *best* HH, as different people look for different things. We've never had a bad holiday, - or even a bad meal - in the Mirlos Tordos. Yet both Yozef and Roamer have stayed there and not been too impressed with the food.
When we go in May, we had the option of a £80 cheaper deal at the Tropico Playa, but decided to pay the extra for the Mirlos. I think that says it all from my POV mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:35 am

Marina Torrenova is an ok hotel which is AI now, we didn't have any desire to return there the next time, we went to Aquasol but wasn't that impressed there but the price may suite for the MT, not stayed in the other
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Ive stayed at the Sol Mirlos/Tordos and enjoyed it, the food was ok nothing to get excited about and had better else where but it was never poor and always something to eat,, I liked the afternoon snacks TBH, hot dogs burgers etc. The massive sitting area is brilliant with good entertainment at night, the drinks were spot on, especially the dry martini with fanta lemon Graham got me hooked on MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm.

Not stayed at the other place but would stay here again

HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Cheers for posting, rep added to you all. If we decide on Palma Nova it'll be Mirlos/Todos but swithering on booking now or wait till last minute.
Thanks again,
HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm

TBH you have plenty time just keep watching, you could book it via melia website with out paying as you pay the bill when you get there, beauty of this is you get a room and if you see it cheaper else where are even on the melia website you can cancel and rebook  clap 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012   Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com