Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sol Y Vera Apartments

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 am

As some of you are aware, I have short arms but deep pockets when it comes to money. Embarassed But saying that I do pay my way though. Wink I will be honest, I don't earn the sort of money, that I did before I went on my sojourn to running my bar in the Costa Del Sol , from Feb 2004 to Nov 2005 Sad Also, I prefer to spend more of my hard earned money on entertainment, ie a good meal & a few drinks, than the accomodation, as I am only sleeping in the room etc. So with that in mind my ethos is, rightly or wrongly, what do I require from my holiday accomodation. A bed, a shower, a toilet, a balcony with a sea view if possible & somewhere to make a brew in the morning. The Sol Y Vera has all these, & they are close to the beach & all the action, but far away enough not to be too noisy.cheers
I first stayed at these apartments in May 2007, as I was looking to book a holiday for then. When we pulled up outside, I initially thought, OMG what I have I done, but once you get inside reception I was pleasantly surpised. I will be honest, the lifts are a bit slow & noisy to say the least, but we try to stay on the 8th or 9th floor, so we have a fantastic panoramic sea view of Magalluf. The one downside for me, is that in the bedroom the 2 beds are single, but they are comfortable though. The prices are very reasonable, we are paying 25 euros per day for the room. cheers I admit the apartments are a little "Billy Basic," & you get what you pay for, but they are very big. But if Sandra can stop there 7 times since 2007, they can't be that bad. Laughing 4 of my best friends, have stopped at these apartments with us, & have had a great time.
When I see other reviews of the fabulous, but expensive places, that other people stop at, I am a little bit embarrased, but hey ho it does us. lol! I have been shown round, the fabulous Sol Guadalupe apartments, next to the Sol Y Vera, in May & wow, they are great, but alot smaller than ours. Shocked
I hope that you have enjoyed my summary of these apartments, & I have attached their website below.

http://www.solyvera.com/

Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 12:46 pm

Brilliant Mick Im sure members will benefit from your review cheers

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 pm

I've stayed here twice because I agree, I want somewhere I can afford to stay rather than not go at all. When I can afford it I go Sol, but these were good. Once we had the apartment two floors above the canopy with a brilliant sea view.

You're right to say that these are big apartments. No frills, but for basic accommodation these apartments rock.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 am

Do they have aircon ?

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 pm

If you open the windows & the patio balcony doors, then there is air con, Wink They do have big fans in the room mate, when we go in October we will show you & Debbie the room. cheers

Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 am

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Hey me and debbie are not swingers you know lol. cheers

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 am

Lol I just had a mental picture of the couple from the TV show 'Benidorm' pmsl Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 am

hhahaha yes they are brilliant ,I watched series 1 and 2 last week in my taxi pure class programme

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 am

Knowing my luck Daryn, I would end up with you. affraid

Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:18 am

hahahahaha lol!

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Seriously though mate, come around & have a look at the apartments, when we are over there & see what you think of them? No harm in looking is there.

Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 pm

yeah I will ,we met a couple back in 1992 who stayed there , so it would be interesting to see if they have changed since then

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Probably not that much. Wink

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:13 am

On TA, there have been 2 comments about The Sol Y Vera & their clientele. affraid Apparently the people who stop there, are morons or idiots. Rolling Eyes So I would like to inform you all, that myself & Sandra are in that group. Embarassed Apparently, it is besmirching the good name of the Sol Guadalupe. Shocked Thinking about it, our room faces the sea & not the Guadalupe, so we now might not be in that category. cheers

Comment 1
Have you ever had to spend a week facing the sol y vera and listen to the morons from 11 pm till 7 am.It is a good hotel but it has it faults

Comment 2
And as far as the back of the hotel facing the Sol Y Vera etc with the idiots (which is very much hit or miss from week to week,or month to month), nothing the hotel can do about that...........

I realise that I may well be a moron or an idiot, I will add that before Daryn does, but Sandra. Sad Then again she must be a bit of an idiot, to be living with me. Wink

Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:40 am

hehehe eeeeeeee Mick what a rant lol, but how can someone judge others because of the accommodation they stay in. Out of all the hotels Ive stopped in Ive only had bother with morons in one hotel ,and believe it or not it was the Gaudalupe, its the only time Ive ever lost my temper on holiday.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Just an update of these apartments, from the 2010 review on the first post. The Owner's son, Luis, seems to be taking more of an interest in them, possibly in line to taking over from him. So for 2012, we noticed quite a few changes to the apartments. Most of these things are probably common place in most other higher graded apartments, but this now adds to the value for money apartments that these are IMO.
The new signs for a start, as you enter them.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0724
Not air con, roll eyes in the rooms but 2 fans, 1 in the main room, it oscillates.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0626
1 in the bedroom.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0627
The safe has always been there, a must for any apartment/hotel room IMO. It cost 20 euro's for our 8 day stay, of which 7 euro's was returned when we left, as a deposit.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0725
A shower screen now, not a shower curtain.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0628
A microwave now in the kitchen area.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0629
Satellite TV/Radio, which had BBC1 London, West & East, which is my channel here in Kettering, plus BBC2 & CBBC Channel, . cheers The other channels were mainly Italian, which I found most amusing, as we were in Mallorca a Spanish Island. scratch A 10 euro deposit was needed for the remote channel changer, which you get back at the end of your stay.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0630
The channels for the TV & Radio.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0631
The weather from BBC East, for my hometown area. lol!
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0632
One thing that has never changed about these apartments, are the fantastic views we got to the front, the side & to the rear. As we were on the 9th floor, it gave us a panoramic view of Magaluf.
Front view overlooking the sea & Isla Porassa, from our balcony.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0633
From the side of our balcony, looking towards Palma Nova. Mallorca Rocks & Jungla Hotels to the left & Hotels Trinidad, Samos & Sol Magaluf Park to the right, with C'as Saboners in the middle of the photo, past the wasteland area.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  Cimg0634
From the rear towards the mountains.
Sol Y Vera Apartments  100_2914
All in all you get what you pay for. As I have previously stated, I want a bed, toilet, shower & a view, if possible, & I am quite happy. Not the most modern looking of apartments, but very large when you get in them, compared to other apartments we have seen.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:53 pm

good honest review that Mick, rep from me, I guess the fans are ok in May
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:59 pm

delboy wrote:
good honest review that Mick, rep from me, I guess the fans are ok in May

You are right mate, they probably only circulate warm air end of June to mid September. hot

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Basic but clean suits many mate. Rep from me.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:23 am

Nice update mate, have a rep

ianb

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:24 pm

I have pretty much the same ethos on accomodation, clean, comfyish bed, shower and toilet. (must also have a fridge for my beer too)

Bonus is a sea view and these days a pool for the kids. Never stayed above a 3 star, cos i refuse to pay 4 star prices. I can afford 4 star but prefer to spend the money on good food and fun. We sleep in the room have a brew in the morning and then go out for the day. Come back late afternoon, have a shower get changed and go out!

Personally I dont like the idea of going AI either and have never considered it, a big part of the holiday is going out and trying restaurants and exploring the area. sitting by a pool to make sure i get my share of AI food and drink doesnt appeal at all, but each to their own some like that type of break..
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:43 pm

ianb wrote:
I have pretty much the same ethos on accomodation, clean, comfyish bed, shower and toilet. (must also have a fridge for my beer too)

Bonus is a sea view and these days a pool for the kids. Never stayed above a 3 star, cos i refuse to pay 4 star prices. I can afford 4 star but prefer to spend the money on good food and fun. We sleep in the room have a brew in the morning and then go out for the day. Come back late afternoon, have a shower get changed and go out!

Personally I dont like the idea of going AI either and have never considered it, a big part of the holiday is going out and trying restaurants and exploring the area. sitting by a pool to make sure i get my share of AI food and drink doesnt appeal at all, but each to their own some like that type of break..

Have to agree with pretty much all you said there Ian. Thumsup I have nothing against people who go AI. But personally, I want to eat at certain times that suit me, not between say 7.30am & 9.30am for brekkie etc, I can't be arxed with that. nono I look to choose where I eat & drink as well, & I feel I am giving something back to the local businesses & economy, if you know what I mean.

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Ai will kill tourist resorts, its probably already finished some off. Local bars and restaurants must have suffered badly with the recent popularity of AI. It was once a choice only for those with plenty of cash, now its paper cups of beer after a long queue and all you can eat junk food (from what ive read Shocked ) and people chose it to save money???
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

A lot of people leave their hotel's when the AI bar closes then go into the resort for a late night drink. But people in this time of recession Ian, only have a set amount of money, so at least they know they don't have to fork out any more, as it has already been paid for. But the bars & restaurants have taken a pounding in the last few years. But TBH, they had it so good for so long, some of them got greedy & kept their prices high. But now you can get a pint of local lager, San Miguel, for 1.50 euro's in a lot of bars, obviously mainly in the day. But as I always say, each to their own with AI, it is just not my cup of tea.

MF joke teller
yozef

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:11 pm

good honest down to earth review mick,nice one.

rep on the way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sol Y Vera Apartments  _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Y Vera Apartments    Sol Y Vera Apartments  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sol Y Vera Apartments

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com