Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Questions for you photographers out there

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Questions for you photographers out there _
PostSubject: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Ok so I tried to get a picture of the moon, what I could actually see through the lens did not come out on the picture. like all the shapes and craters etc it just turned into a white light even on zoom in. Ive asked a guy on facebook that has some awesome shots and he told me the settings he used but did not know where they are on my camera, here is the setting hope someone can help.

f11,1 / 125 / iso100

So Ive found the iso100 but dont have a clue where the other settings are as Ive had a bloody good look, I dont also know what they are too look it up, any ideas folks.

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 7:55 pm

well spent about an hour messing with the camera and found things on there i never knew about,lol.

iso was easy to suss out, but no luck with the other settings.i did find the F settings when i put the camera on manual settings,but could not match your numbers.

i'm lazy and use i/a...intelligent auto,the camera does it all for you,or i use scene recognition plus,again sorts out landscapes,portraits ect.

when i did alter the f settings my pics went darker,sorry not much help
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:03 pm

yeah thats what it has to do, where was them f settings mate. I done it the wrong way round, I used the delay to let light in which is right for dark conditions but for getting the moon it needs to be darker and zoomed well in. Ill have another go tonight altering the iso, the iso takes the picture faster so it doesnt get a chance to get as much light in it. That maybe all I need to do, Ill try tonight if its clear. I also used the little tripod and the timer so there was no shake and blur. Ill sus it out Im getting there

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:33 pm

You might be on a loser Daryn. I've tried several options, the fact seems to be that the camera simply can't cut through the atmospheric haze that the human eye can, hence the lack of sharpness. (also light pollution by street lights etc)(the camera tries to focus on the first thing it 'spots' - this might be this 'haze')

ISO refers to film speed. 100 used to be the standard catch all. 400 was for faster moving objects. 1000 was used by pro's.

F stop is referring to light conditions. Less light = lower number to set your camera to.

I have to assume that 125 must refer to shutter speed. On the old set up (cameras with film) you would have a low F stop setting, and open the shutter for as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:46 pm

bit hard to explain but i'll try,if i select m...manual on my cam it gives me the option to select shutter speed and aperture value scratch

on the screen i have f3.5 with left/right arrows ...i can only alter from f3.5 to f8.0

i also have on the screen number 10 with up/down arrows this i can alter from 2..to 1600,the higher i go the darker the pic.

all i can suggest mate is inbetween customers and chocky bars is set the camera to manual and experiment,good luck

post yourresults so we can see them mate
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Could I suggest that your mentor was using a Single Lens Reflex non-automatic ie manual settings/optional auto 35mm camera? You can't point a box at the moon and expect to replicate it.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:05 pm

put a link of f/b for you mate,looks good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you photographers out there   Questions for you photographers out there Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions for you photographers out there

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com