Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This years meet up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

This years meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 am

I would much rather go early morning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:29 am

beeech wrote:

I would much rather go early morning Very Happy

Same here, to have almost a full day of sun. sunny deckchair

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

Mick wrote:

I wouldn't know about that !
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:36 am

beeech wrote:
Mick wrote:

I wouldn't know about that !

Not surprising my sweet, going in March. :3£: :n!b:

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 am

Yes Mark I had the email too, if it stays at the earlier time I may book us into the Travel Inn with parking the night before, as long as its not too expensive :C*J: Thats always the problem with booking so early, it happened to us in may this year when we flew with Monarch. :n!b: They have also changed our flight coming home from evening to morning!
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:11 am

debdon wrote:
Yes Mark I had the email too, if it stays at the earlier time I may book us into the Travel Inn with parking the night before, as long as its not too expensive :C*J: Thats always the problem with booking so early, it happened to us in may this year when we flew with Monarch. :n!b: They have also changed our flight coming home from evening to morning!

So have I got this right, you 4 are sharing a room before the flight, sharing a plane, sharing a Galitrans transfer & sharing an apartment in Palma Nova. Have you started the MF Swingers Society Deb's? wink

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:13 am

rolling laughing @ Mick.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Mark you are correct.If Monarch change my 1500hrs 27 Sept outbound flight time I will be cross.I could have had an early morning flight on EZY from Liverpool JLA same day for less dosh but I selected Monarch from Manchester purely because of the flight time.I may be wrong but Monarch may not be obliged to offer you a refund as a 9 hour daytime change (as opposed to day to night) does not constitute a "significant change" in flight time.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Well I've looked into it and have accepted the change. Rolling Eyes Basically, at this moment in time, Monarch are only offering one flight that day. So to go on another day (which was a free change option from Monarch) would have meant altering the hotel booking, which is a can of worms.
The other options from Monarch was a full refund, or a cancel with the credit to be used towards any other flights.

I actually don't mind an early morning flight, although 6 am is a bit early (4 am check in). Normally I would book a meal on the flight for that early a time. (I'm diabetic and need to eat and take tablets at some sort of set times within some parameters). So that's a knock on change from a planned mid afternoon departure that wasn't expected.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Mark, I dithered about whether to go for the early flight when I first booked ours, but though the afternnon flight was more appealing :n!b: But I was happy with the 7.30pm flight home as it would have given us longer on the last day, but thats now been changed to departing 10.05am so another early start but home at a decent time I suppose.

Anything like this may, they changed it again before we flew anyway :&o*:
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:56 pm

I also checked our return flight, due to depart 11.30 am spanish time, well, being a sunday, there is a flight out from LGW at 07.25 in the morning so that all fits together now.

I also prefer to get home at a reasonable time in the day, getting back at gone midnight is pants.

So are you going to accept the early 6 am flight as well Debs?
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:31 pm

Yes, I have Mark, as I mentioned we may book into a travel inn/lodge the night before that includes parking lol! Although it could still change flight time wise :n!b:
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Errrrr I haven't really been paying much attention to the discussions regarding next years meet Embarassed Due to Mrs H's current job situation being uncertain it is difficult to know what holidays she will be entitled to next year. We have committed to renting a villa for 2 weeks in June but other than that it is just a case of wait and see how it pans out.

But I did read Daryn's topic stating it was to be on Monday October 1st affraid . It is my fault for not following the topic but with flights from Aberdeen being a Tuesday morning meaning having to be up at about 7am ish that morning a Monday night is not ideal for us.

Having said that it appeared the official meet this year was a bit subdued due to the excesses of the pre-meet on the Saturday night. maybe next year the pre-meet will again be the one to attend.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:59 pm

I hope that you both can make it again mate. :-bd: It was great meeting you both, cheers even though Mrs. H got me sussed right out. affraid pale sad sob

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 pm

@ Debs

I've accepted the flight change... but got a strange email from Monarch, confirming the change, but then giving a link to go to "If I would like to add baggage to the booking"?????

WTF????

We obviously had luggage included, why oh why was that not just carried over as well?

I haven't been on their site yet to see what's afoot though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:32 pm

E mail today from Travel Republic recommending big reductions at CERTAIN hotels for 2012.Decided to check out for my solo accommodation for 2012 Meet up dictated by my flights already booked (and times since changed by those barstewards at Monarch).

Sol Mirlos AI 6 nights double room with balcony,single occupancy £370.Not bad but I am confident of beating that in their January Sale.

Saboners S/C 6 nights 1BR apartment with pool view and balcony single occupancy £235.Man that is cheap!

Sol Cala Blanca prices were off the scale.(Might not be my sort of place either).
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 pm

I had already added luggage with extra on my original booking. I logged into my booking on their web site & sure enough the seats & extra luggage are still showing Mark. :M£S:
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 4:18 am

Dont forget guys for our regular members we have a code for saboners now for extra discount just ask one of the admin before you get a quote

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:57 am

a week staying at the Sol Mirlos/Tod in October was as low as £429 last Sept (including flights and transfers) but seemed to fix at £450 before selling out for that week
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 12:56 pm

debdon wrote:
I had already added luggage with extra on my original booking. I logged into my booking on their web site & sure enough the seats & extra luggage are still showing Mark. :M£S:

Yes I logged in Debs and the baggage had been carried over to the flight change, no probs. Due to the early departure now, I added the breakfast on the plane onto the booking as well, can't eat at 3am before leaving, won't eat at the airport, landing at 09.30 and not getting bags / transferred until say 10.30 is too late for me to eat otherwise.
I also added the extra leg room seats because with confirmed seats you don't need to check in until an hour before departure if you want to cut it fine, every hour counts at that time in the morning Sleep Laughing

The further knock on effect is that with the other departure time we could have caught the train to the airport, this isn't available now at that time in the morning wah so we'll have a think about what we're going to do a bit nearer the time. No point booking something now if they might change it yet again Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:37 pm

I suppose you do have to work around what & when you eat mate, that make sense getting a brekkie on the plane. :-bd:

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Trouble is Mark the paid-for brekkie is total crap.You might have been better either picking up a sandwich and a Tropicana at Boots in the terminal or even ordering from the a la carte on the plane.We had the paid-for breakfast on Thomson to Austria this summer and it was a disgrace.They used to be so nice the breakfasts,probably the best of the in-flight meals.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:32 pm

I found the brekkie on the last jollie (Oct meet up) to be ok actually. Omlette and sausage with a few chopped tomatoes... never worth £6.99 in a million years but ho hum Rolling Eyes better something warm than yet another sandwich. I've had 30 years of building site sandwiches in a packed lunch Rolling Eyes so like to get away from that if possible.

Having said that, the subs at Subways are superb Eat Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Have you seen my changes Debs?
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Do you mean on the house - if so, yes, its looking good. :tup:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This years meet up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com