Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage _
PostSubject: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:28 pm

As a few of you know I had my taxi test this week and had to change the window mechanism on my car. My good mate Paul opened up his garage for me to use and I thought I would show you around his garage. His son is a mini fanatic and they have several in the garage with chopped down roofs and suicide doors etc, none of them I may add are finished lol but getting there slowly, as they do vehicle repairs to pay for the garage there time is limited to do what they want to do.

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090313

The mechanism was riveted in place and had to be drilled out, the door actually comes in 2 parts
Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090315

And here he is Paul the mechanic, he is always there to help anyone out, he is a taxi driver and Ive seen him pull off the road to help other taxi drivers out.
Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090316

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090372

Well got the old one out and the new one in place waiting to be riveted in, you can see the new rivets sticking out, for this we used Pauls windy rivet gun
Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090373

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090374

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090375

Look at the mini in the corner this is the one thats been chopped down, it also has suicide doors.
Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090376

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090377

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090378

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090379

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage P1090380

I would love to own a garage of this size.

Many thanks goes to Paul for being there yet again for me.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Nice little story & photo's mate, Paul sounds like a good lad as well.

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Is the pickup on the market, what kind of price to put it on the road, I can arrange transport to Soller
I think Jesus would be impressed for once (he's more dour than WS on a bad day, and his wife Maria only
has to look at Donkey and the Whippets and they go away)
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Dads I dont know when your serious and when your not lol, if your interested I can always ask them for you

DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Genuine enquiry, I swear on Donkeys breath
(no I am interested)
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:33 pm

It must be true Daryn, swearing about Donkey's breath. wink

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:45 pm

LOL, Ill have a word for you matey

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Just spoke to him mate and he said its not for sale unfortunately. But he said he will ask the son to ask around for you as he knows many that have minis

Graham

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Nice review daryn and pics yes he ll do anything he can to help you hes a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Well I managed to understand the thumbs up sign from Paul, but not sure what a suicide door is?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:37 pm

Its a door that is hinged from the centre pillar and opens the opposite way to the normal way, if you know what I mean lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Yes that makes sense mate lol

Not sure why that would be done though?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Its customised and different lol

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am

Oh I thought you had a suicide door Daryn, the one the passengers use to do a runner and not pay for the ride
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:42 am

It has been known mate

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:56 pm

He has got an ejector seat as well, if the punter gives him grief. wink I know, he tried it on me in March. affraid

PostSubject: Re: Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage   Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixing my electric window/around Pauls garage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com