Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Santa Lucia Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Ron

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 pm

This hotel is in a ideal location on a small headland in Palma Nova, with the beaches of Son Matias and Palma Nova either side, and plenty of cafés, bars and restaurants on the doorstep. The hotel has both an outdoor and indoor pools and a small sauna.The outdoor pool overlooks the bay.The rooms are a good size with a small TV with 3 English channels, air con, fridge and room safe,and most balcony's overlook the bays or the promenade. The hotel guests are all British and both the entertainment and food reflect this.The hotel has a large bar where the entrainment is held nightly, and a quieter cocktail bar. Both the public areas and the rooms are kept spotlessly clean.You will however need to be down early in the morning for a sun-bed beside the pool.
As said earlier the food is nearly all British fare and there is a good variety. The only drawback is that it is lukewarm, and most nights I had to heat it in the microwave but this could be by personal choice as I like my meals to be really hot , also the clearing of tables can be slow.
There is a charge of 35euro/ week for the safe and a charge of 15euro/week for the fridge, both of which I think is a bit steep especially as a very large number of hotels now give you a fridge for free.Would I return to this hotel yes.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Good honest review Big Ron. If you have any photo's to accompany it, that would be great.

Girl Power Member
theboss

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Very steep safe charges methinks!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Yes 100 euros for a fridge and safe for 14 days both necessary, so should be added to the initial price, thanks for that Ron
Son Matisa may look more reasonable if theirs are cheaper
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:15 am

cheers Thanks Ron for the honest review

Graham

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:24 am

My parents visited this hotel and said the prices were too dear for the safe this is a big spend to add as soon as you arrive at your hotel on check in,they stayed in the santa lucia and son matias beach and much preferred the son matias.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 am

My parents went there about 3 years ago and said they wouldnt go back, there was many complaints when they were there ,foodwise. I think its changed hands since then, was it Acorn or something like that who own it now

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:03 pm

I must agree those charges for a safe and fridge are extortionate (especially for a so-called 4* hotel).H Son Matias is excellent (yozef rates it too) but it is way more expensive than Santa Lucia even though SM does not do AI.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

It's when they put those special offers on Wirral and on arriving finding having picked the SL you have to pay 100 euro's more, especially if SM was just £100 more to start with
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Valid point del.I can see it gets up people's noses.moocher used to be a regular in their late night cocktail bar.Would be interesting to hear what he think of it lately. I would have gone there up to 3 years ago because it was well regarded.But I have seen too many poor reviews on TA and TravelRepublic to even think about it now.

If you think 100 euros is all the difference is, just have a look at current rates at Son Matias-if there are any vacancies.Confession Time.Again this year I am going to Sol Mirlos.I went last year for the meet on the strength of the TA rating and BigScouse on TA who is all things Sol Mirlos/Tordos.It was no more and no less than I was expecting though the cost of their computers was painfully high and the food though of acceptable 3* standard was just that-acceptable.This year trying AI for my first time ever anywhere.If I was going back to Palma Nova with Mrs WS and not alone I would have to book H Son Matias because I know she liked everything about that hotel even the food and especially the live nightly shows-we both did.She just wasn't fussy on Palma Nova and she made some ungracious comments about Magalluf when we were passing through and stopped off for a cooling drink (in Tom Browns I think) on the beach.She is more of a Pto Pollensa/Soller/Marbella type.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:26 pm

It does seem steep to charge an extra 100 euro's, a very naughty hidden extra. :f^h:

Santa Lucia Hotel  _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Lucia Hotel    Santa Lucia Hotel  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Lucia Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com