Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Magalluf May 2011 Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 _
PostSubject: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 am

A long time in coming be here it is. We landed at Palma at 8.50pm, about 20 minutes early, happy days we thought, how wrong we were proved. Got our case off the belt & went straight to the Resorthoppa check in desk, only to be informed that the coach was not back yet!!! We sat waiting for about 30 to 45 minutes, until the coach duly turned up. Got onto the coach & waited another 30 minutes or so waiting for another couple of people to join us. Off we set, now well past 10pm, going along the motorway towards Palma Nova/Magalluf, past Real Mallorca FC ground who were home that night, I believe they lost by the way!! Got to Palma Nova & that is where the driver got himself lost, as we went past Sol Mirlos/Tordos twice!! Finally got to our Apartments at 11.20 pm, with me saying to San, "That is it we won't be using them again, I just want to get to the resort." Anyway, we got into our room & went out for a few drinks to unwind, 3am I think we got in!! We text Deb's & Don, but they had just returned to their Apartment, & we made a date to meet up the next night. But when you wake up the next morning to this view, last night seemed a million miles away.

Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4110

So after a day on the beach & chilling out we got ready to meet Deb's & Don. We met upstairs at Los Curries Indian Restaurant at the Marina Arcades in Palma Nova. They do a set meal for 8 euro's 50, which includes a starter & a chicken main with either rice or naan bread, & very nice it was to. Photo's in a bubble as previously seen. We had a few drinks at the Star bar as a nightcap, & met Marion, whose daughter used to be the Entertainment's lady at the Sol Mirlos/Tordos, but is now in the Canaries I believe. Then we left Deb's & Don to go back to their Apartment & so did we, after a great night with them.

Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4111
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4112

After another day on the beach chilling out, a pattern is starting to emerge I think! We went for a Mexican at Chi Chi's Tex Mex on the Calle Martin Ros Garcia, adjacent to the Flamboyan Caribe, halfway up Cardiac Hill in Torrenova. We walked along the Paseo, as we didn't want to get mithered by the PR's all the way up the strip!! I would strongly recommend this Restaurant if you fancy a Chili or something Mexican, it is run by Chrissy (front of house) & Max (does the cooking). San had potato skins to start followed by a chili, & I had mushrooms in batter & a garlic dip, followed by a Southern Fried chicken with chips & a salad. I then pigged out on a dessert, which was to die for, & San nearly did as she didn't want any, but still ate half!!!! We had a bottle of wine with the meal, & had a complimentary tequila slammer on the house, with the bill coming to a very reasonable 34 euro's. We then met Deb's & Don again & went to Bar Canto's & the Orion Bar.
Canto's from the outside, sorry it is a bit dark.
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4113
The ladies loo's taken by San!!!!
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4114
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4115
We had 2 pints of Strongbow, a jug of Sangria for San & I can't remember what Deb's had!! I am not sure of the price as Don paid for these drinks. We then moved on to the Orion Bar, where we had the same again which came to just under 17 euro's.
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4116
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4117
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4118

We then said farewell to Deb's & Don & strolled to the Plaza Cafe, where we had a night cap & met a couple of friends from Norway.
Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Cimg4119

Well here endeth Part 1, with other parts to follow!!

Last edited by Mick on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I see Carling is on the list at Canto's mate :-bd:

Looking forward to part 2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:26 pm

Brilliant mate good photos.

Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Nice one Mick, thanks for sharing :-bd:

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Good start Mick !

smile
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Enjoyed that Mick cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:38 am

Yes Mick, I can also confirm that Marion's daughter, used to be the super fit entertainment girl in Mirlos Tordos, is in Correlejo Fuerteventura, as we met her in January while out there.

Small world huh.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:11 am

She is a lovely girl, her name is Laurana & she is sorely missed apparently. Sol offered her loads to stay at Mirlos but she'd had enough.

Marian misses her as they used to share an apartment in Palmanova sad

Hopefully she's moved on to bigger & better things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 am

Her main gripe was that the seasons are getting shorter and shorter in Majorca. Tordos closed at end of Sep last year, just Mirlos open for Oct. She was starting at Riu on Flag Beach in Correlejo in January, season round employment seemingly.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Yes, thats right Mark, I'm sure Marion told me she's moving to a different Riu hotel this month. As you say it is year round work for her.

I know they were desperate to keep her at Mirlos but she'd had enough of a few things there wink

We used to see her in the Star bar, my Grandchildren love her, she is great with kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:51 pm

imo Riu Hotels are one leg up from Sol Hotels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magalluf May 2011 Part 1   Magalluf May 2011 Part 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magalluf May 2011 Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF RESORT-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com