Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed _
PostSubject: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 am

Son and his partner came here for roast dinner today.Nice time. Sangria in the garden,prawns and avocado and garlic/rosemary roast lamb with Jersey Royals in the house.

He showed me how to send photos from my files with e-mails.I followed that.But when I introduced him to our forum he played around with the icons and surrendered.He suggested I asked delboy to e-mail the instructions of how to post a pictorial review on our forum.He did say the time required for uploads was long.That's debbish to me.

I got my photos/CD yesterday of our hols in Pto Pollensa earlier this month.The scenic shots look good and I can't wait to let you see them.Maybe the Olympus FE-330 isn't so bad after all.
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:57 am

Look forward to seeing them WS !

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 am

It can take a while to load them Wirral but other times they just take a few seconds.

Just a tip to anyone else, if you are loading pictures and the message 'remote server disconnected' during the load, then clicking the preview button
and it always rights its self and then try and load it again

The instructions on how to write a review and load pictures are in pictorial form in Daryn's 'hints and tips section', any one who would
like to do one, go into that section and follow the instructions to the letter. If you forget any part the instructions it all sits beneath you open
post and all you have to do is scroll below and have a look at the point you have reached and then scroll back up to your post and
carry the next part out.

Once you done one of the photos its the same procedure for the next Beeech will tell you its easy, won't you Beeech.... Beeech?

PS you can do the whole review in that section and I will move it for you afterwards

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 am

WirralScouse wrote:
He did say the time required for uploads was long.

Maybe the Olympus FE-330 isn't so bad after all.

For multiple uploads, using a generic host such as photobucket is certainly easier, and a lot quicker.

Glad you're getting some joy at last out of the Olympus.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:19 am

Mark will have to guide you through that way Wirral lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 am

I never thought the camera would be bad.

A good test is to stick the base of the camera on a post, so no movement, then carefully press the button halfway down and allow
the camera to focus before pushing it all the way down to take the photo
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:59 am

WS do you load the pictures direct from your camera to your computer ? . The CD bit is confusing me.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:33 pm

I did a video last night of how to do it but the bloody thing wouldnt save, Ill try again tomorrow

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:44 pm

I get the prints done at Max Spielmans (so Mrs WS can hand them around when meeting her friends).Can't stand getting a rear screen of a digicamera stuck in my face to look at a photo.MS charge an extra £1 to have them put on a CD.Son said I then have them backed-up if there is a catastrophe to the hard drive of my laptop.So I load the CD on to the hard drive then file the CD.

Thanks del for pointing out the technique for posting as in Daryn's tips.I will print it off and have a detailed look when I have a bit more time.Busy today.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 pm

When you get time, open up an account with photobucket by clicking on that link.
It's free.
If you can't work out how to set up a new album, and then load pics onto it, then i'll talk you through it, but it's really easy peasy, honestly.
Once the pics are loaded, then if you 'hover' your mouse pointer over a pic, then 4 codes will come up, the bottom one is the 'image' code, and starts with img - that's the one you want, you right click on it and click 'copy, then come to any old forum (not TA though, they don't allow it) and right click and select 'paste' in the reply box, and the img code will appear, when you send the post the pic will appear in it.
You'll also have an on line back up of all your photo's which hasn't cost you a trip and a £1 to Max Speilmans, in case of the hard drive catastrophy as mentioned. Which in most case doesn't happen, something else on the PC packs up first normally, and you can remove your hard drive (I mean the shop can) and they will 'piggy-back' it onto your new PC's hard drive, so that all your info/letters etc will still be there.
Maybe it's also time for you to consider getting one of these, which you can also use to back up your pics, getting many tens of thousands of pics on one of them, a lot less clutter than multiple racks of CD's.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:32 pm

I've just had an idea, If you want to practise using photobucket first, to see how easy it is.

Go to this page.

Select any of the pics.

Hover your mouse pointer over the selected one. A window will appear. Left click the bottom box marked 'image'.

Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Vic_im10

Come back to this site, open up this thread and a reply box. Right click inside it, and click 'paste'. a length of text will appear, not dissimilar to

[IMG]https://2img.net/h/i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/mikecrid/meldrew2.jpg[/IMG

I have removed the last symbol which is a ]

If I hadn't of removed it, the pic would come up, like so:

Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Meldrew2

Don't get up to your neck in it lol lol!
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:04 pm

I have printed off the Hayzer tips in Daryn's Tips.I have also printed off 6 pages of del's pictorial instructions.I will have a go at H's when I have a few hours to spare (eg while Man U play Schalke tonight Razz ) but the manual will have to wait for my next tutorial.....

The luddite chickens out again. surprised
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Any joy yet WS?
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:35 am

No further attempt yet Mark. I am keen to let you see the quality good or bad of my fotos taken on the Olympus digi so that you can give your opinion on if I need to replace it.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:55 am

Hi WS a technical question here, do you know what the file size is for the pictures stored on the CD you get supplied ?

I would be interested to know if they are the same file size (file size= picture quality) as the originals taken on your camera or if they are saved as a lower quality smaller file size.

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Well I don't know if what I have to say will answer you H.I have looked at the masterprint library of the shots on the CD.Each consecutively numbered frame in the library is 1" X 3/4".It would help subsequent selection for larger prints although I just edit those shots on the memory card before taking it in to Spielmans and ask them to print them all 7" x 5" and the CD.Printed on Kodak paper.I am happy with my shots and the quality of prints etc from Spielmans.

Earlier this year I did my own prints and CD on the HP DIY machine in Tesco by inserting the memory card and following the on-screen instructions.It took me ages.Printed,eventually on HP paper.Cost £21 for a 1GB cardful.They were the ones that I reported as being sub-quality which made me doubt the quality of my Olympus.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:47 pm

When I mention file sizes I am referring to the actual amount of memory each picture uses on the memory card, if you put the cursor on a picture then right click a menu should appear select properties and the size should be displayed.

I would expect them to be about 3.00 MB.

Do you not transfer the pictures direct from your camera memory card to one of your computers.

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Ha ha so that's what you meant by size! Sorry.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Short file of 30 odd shots 9MB.Long file of nearly 100 20MB.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:53 am

Hi WS I get the feeling that the copies of the pictures stored on the CD are of a much lower quality than those originally taken by the camera. I would expect 100 or so picture to be about 300MB if taken with a 5 Megapixel camera.

I think it would be very beneficial for you to take the time to learn a little bit about saving storing and posting pictures. It is very simple and once mastered I am sure it would enhance your enjoyment of not only your pictures but of being able to post them on forums.

Have you ever considered doing a basic computing course ? people who are used to teaching starters are much easier to learn from than a frustrated relative.

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Fair point H.I did a basic computer course at night school 15 years ago-it was very basic as it had to be for me who had zero computer knowledge.I can remember walking into Currys looking at the display of PCs and not knowing how to switch them on or start them operating so that was why I went to night school.Then I had a tutor come to the house to show me how to use e-mail and Microsoft XL-for word processing.It might be an age thing but I cannot learn from the written word.Haven't the patience if the truth be told.imo the best way to learn is to be sat at the PC and be talked through it.When son comes he sits there and does it while I watch and it all happens too fast for me.Poor man he is so pushed for time 24/7.

My generation was not exposed to computers until the late 80s.These days kids are raised with them.One of our twin grandsons is at Liverpool Uni doing a Computer Science degree course.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm

We will get you going Wirral when I get back will have a session with you
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:36 pm

You may want to rephrase that DB Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed   Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tutorial on posting pictorial reviews on MF-Failed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com