Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Bought a new camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 am

Just ordered a replacement for my Panasonic Lumix TZ-6 today. I have been keeping an eye on ebay for a bargain and a Lumix TZ-10 came up for sale yesterday. It is a manufacturer refurbished unit and comes with a full manufacturers warranty. My TZ-6 was a refurb one as well and came packaged as a new one would there is no actual difference from buying a non refurbished one apart from the price and the fact the box is plain cardboard rather than the normal printed one.

I hope to post some of the results from it soon.

Majorca Mad
Mark

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:56 am

Nice one. I've bought refurb ones on there before, no probs at all.
How much H?
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 am

Mark wrote:
Nice one. I've bought refurb ones on there before, no probs at all.
How much H?

They really are no different from new products apart fro the fact they have been returned to the manufacturer for a repair, The post repair checks are probably much more rigorous than those performed on a production lone item.

The external casings are always replaced as well so it is returned to as new standard.

I paid £139 for it Mark, it is a UK model which is not always the case when you see cheap ones for sale elsewhere.

Majorca Mad
Mark

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 am

It's a good price mate. The TZ20 seems to be double that for not much more spec really.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Mark wrote:
It's a good price mate. The TZ20 seems to be double that for not much more spec really.

Just had a look at the spec for the TZ-20, 14 MP instead of 12, 16 x zoom instead of 12 and 24mm wide angle instead of 25mm. The manufactures of electronics are very clever in the way they manage to create a constant demand for their products by releasing newer must have versions of products that every self respecting geek will hanker after, Apple are the masters of this.

To be honest I was more than happy with my TZ-6 it did all I wanted and more.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Try not to lose this one mate, after you have had a drink. wink

Admin
Daryn

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:21 pm

I used to work for Philips and we used to get the broken TV's in. They were basically stripped down and whole new replacement
parts fitted so yes as good as new except Philips used to pump them back out as new or so I was told. But as I said they
did come with a full manufacturers warranty. Really when you think about it ,if you buy a brand new one then they havent been tested
to there best where as a refurb has and has had all the bad bits removed and replaced.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:07 pm

That sounds good H, has the TZ10 really dropped to £139 ?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 pm

No, it's just because it's refurb del, still around £179 + for brand new from what I can make out
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:47 pm

looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour h,looks like a good deal there mate
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:52 pm

A parcel just arrived for me dancing

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Can I open it please, please Fight
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:42 am

How is the new camera H, have you taken any pics yet?
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:58 am

delboy wrote:
How is the new camera H, have you taken any pics yet?

Took a few at work yesterday, the quality is so much better than the one I have been using. Video clips are much better as well.

Still trying to RTFM, there are so many options available to choose from the various menus Shocked

Will probably use it in idiot proof mode mostly Embarassed

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Will probably use it in idiot proof mode mostly

Not gonna say a word H wink :n!b: neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 pm

You walked straight into that one H my friend. lol!

Bought a new camera _
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new camera   Bought a new camera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a new camera

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com