Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Wide angle digital cameras

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

Wide angle digital cameras _
PostSubject: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:53 am

Just thought I would start a new topic instead of cluttering up the review section.

As yet I haven't replaced my lost digital camera but intend to soon with the Panasonic TZ 10 http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ10_ZS7/

Mark your camera should get decent wide angle results with a 28mm lens, i see from the picture there is a zoom button with which you can select either wide angle (W) or zoom/telephoto (T) pressing the W side of the rocker button should give you the wide angle setting

Wide angle digital cameras 09006810

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 am

That, I think would be my choice as well H, on the review I saw which gave a youtube like demo the only slight flaw was the zooming
in on video filming where if I remember there is a slight distortion of the sound. The photo side was brilliant I will try and find the review again and post it here
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

Right found the review it just slight juddering on the close zoom

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ10_ZS7/

run the film of it a good review it also tells you 4 other cameras to review if you like this one
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 am

What I want to know is, is what the second 'dial' on the top does. It appears to have 'W' on the left... which I assumed was for selecting wide angle?

So, according to H, the camera I linked before, I just effectively 'zoom out' to instigate wide angle shots?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm sort of understanding it a little better now, I'm looking for something that perhaps isn't there.
On my old 35mm (film) camera, I had to actually unscrew (unclick would be more accurate) the lens and fit another one, - the wide angle lens that I had was 10 - 22mm, so the scope was far greater obviously.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 pm

It looks very good Ill look at that one, Ive still not bought a new camera but wanting them nightshots and the panoramic view

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:00 pm

I don't think its so good with night shots Daryn at least not with the video side of it.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 pm

I have the W and T option on my panasonic, if your in picture taking mode, move the button towards the T it zooms in. If you move it toward W it zooms out again.

If your in picture viewing mode moving the button toward W shows muti pictures on the 3in screen. but now panarama picture mode on mine FS20
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 pm

I think most compact cameras when switched on are set to their widest angle setting in your case Mark MM and in the case of my TZ6 25mm.

I am not sure what the widest angle lens available on a compact camera is, I have seen a small cheap Olympus claiming to be 24mm nut the lens looked to small to be of a decent quality. The Leica 25mm on the Panasonic cameras is a very high quality one.

The other camera worth considering is the one Yosef has http://cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Cyber-shot_DSC_HX5/ There is very little between then in level of performance and if panoramic pictures are something that interests you the Sony is the better option as it has a dedicated panoramic setting which does all the tricky work for you.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Comets are selling Sony w350 at half price £99 this Easter , 26mm lens, 14 meg pix, HD movie , panoramic sweep but only 4X zoom the down bit

don't know how good it is ?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 pm

I can't see anything wrong at that price del
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Maybe one for Wirral to consider over the Kodak
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:58 pm

If you experts think it a better buy than the Kodak I will look at it.I don't use the zoom that much though it is a useful facility.What's the diff between optical zoom and zoom? Son is coming on Sunday for dinner so I will get him to load my photos and give me a tutorial.My Olympus FE-330 is 5X optical zoom so there's not much difference there (only 25%).
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Well optical is what you want, digitial is an extra zoom which is poor quality zoom that is there beyond optical.

I don't know much about the Sony as I haven't gone into the reviews on it. According to Comet it has been
reduced from £199 to £99 so a big saving. However they may have been dearer than other suppliers and
the saving may not be as high as they say Wirral.

I'm sure Yosef and H will give their views on it but for me zoom is everything

Shots like this are too far away but using the camera's max optical zoom

Wide angle digital cameras 01920
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wide angle digital cameras   Wide angle digital cameras Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wide angle digital cameras

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com