Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Lots of advice required please!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
geordieok

Lots of advice required please!!!! _
PostSubject: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first ever post on this forum and I look forward to hearing from you!! We have visited Mallorca on numerous occasions and are doing so, again, in July. Me and my better half are in our early sixties and we have decided to have a 15-day "tour" of Mallorca and our intention is to have 3 or 4 nights in 4 or 5 different resorts. We don't drive so all of our journeys, between resorts, will be by public transport. This is where I will need as much help as poss!!!! Is there a decent bus service between resorts??? For example, if I was to start in Paguera, then move on to Soller or Deia and then to Pollensa and on to C'an Picafort before going to Porto Petro before returning to Palma, would I be able to get buses between these resorts????
Any help from you learned forum members will be very much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you. Take care all. G
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 3:51 pm

First of all hello and welcome to the forum, are you a real Geordie I'm a sanddancer.

As for the public transfers to and from different areas I find the buses really good but not traveled to far on them and especially in July because they get really packed packed out. I have used the buses between Magaluf, Palma Nova to Palma, Paguera, Sant Ponsa and close to them areas.

I did look at the bus services last year as our plan was to stay in Cala For for a week then onto Magaluf for a week, I found I would have to change buses at Palma each time. I did find an English taxi driver called Adrian that we were going to use between Palma airport and Cala dor but unfortunately we had to cancel our trip but the guy was so nice about it, I can supply his details to you I've saved them.

If you give us your planned itenary I'm sure we will try and help you regarding buses etc, not saying we are experts but we don't mind helping

geordieok

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Cheers Daryn,

Believe it or not, I am an adopted sanddancer!!! I moved to South Shields when I married some 37 years ago.

I thank you for all of your advice. We don't have an exact itinerary at the mo. We have booked the flights, though!! I understand that we may have to keep gong via Palma but that seems a shame given that we will be spending most time on the north and east of the island.

I will be obliged if you could give me the taxi drivers info as I feel that would be very invaluable.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. G
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Welcome here Pal, enjoy yourself clap clap clap

As Daryn says, public transport aint great especially on the Eastern coasts, Palma defo the main hub.
I've stayed in Cala D'Or previously, used to jog to Potro Petro it's very very quiet, just a village really. Cala Mondragol is very nice but unless you're total sun worshippers not much to do there. Also I'd personally go for Puerto Pollensa rather than Pollensa itself.
Can Picafort/Alcudia the beach is superb, be busy in July though, especially with pesky kids sob

Just my personal opinion I'd maybe choose 3 resorts & stay for 5 days each say Puerto Pollensa(PP), something like Hopa transfer from airport, 5 days in PP then taxi to Cala D'Or (ask around for a decent price any time u see an idle taxi in PP) , wee trip to Porto Petro one day see if u made the correct decision, then after 5 days Service bus to Paguera via Palma. Day trip to Soller while in Paguera on the train. Save a lot of packing/unpacking too angel
Just a suggestion mind, no offence if you prefer your own itinerary.

Whatever you do Mallorca’s a smashing Island.

Have a great holiday, HH.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 5:52 am

I still find Palma Nova hard to beat but hopefully might get to cala dor this year to try

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 5:54 am

Here is ( taxi driver) Adrian's details/ website I promised you...

https://www.majorcabdriver.com/

Would love to hear more about you Shields life. How old are you folks, originally from the Lawe Top area, I'm 53 years young, you never know everyone knows everyone from Shields lol

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi & welcome

I can't add much to the suggestions above, I've been all over the Island but used a car, as the mountains part needs a car really to get to all the small towns and villages.

All I can add is that the Island really isn't that big, and you can get from the furthest part to the other furthest part in about 90 mins, so I also wouldn't suggest having too many different short stays.
Don't forget your Tourist Tax resets to Day one each different hotel you are at. That's not a deal breaker but probably best to be aware of. (You get a 50% reduction in tourist tax from day 8 if staying at the same hotel I mean).
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 4:05 pm

A sandancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn83cCEpZV0
Back to top Go down
geordieok

PostSubject: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 5:11 pm

I thank you all very much for your invaluable information. I like the idea of the first 5 nights in Puerto Pollensa and then a cab to Cala D'or and then working our way down the east coast. My wife would like to pay a visit to Deia and/or Soller during the first week so I may have to be flexible!!!
Once I have the definitive itinerary I will return to this forum in the hope that you lovely people will be able to give me some more useful information.
Daryn, I thank you for the taxi details. It is entirely possible that we may use his services. We live on the way up to the Lawe Top. We are both in our early sixties. We are both still working as Learning Support in a College. We attend a quiz night in the Beehive every week. We lived in Crete for 3 years 2014 - 2017. A brief potted history for you. I look forward to sharing a pint with you!!! G
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 12:44 am

Its a small world, I was in the Beehive yesterday then went on to the Harbour Lights however I live at Marsden now the Lawe Top always is a big draw for me

geordieok

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Daryn,

One day our paths will cross!!

All of this poxy uncertainty with this coronavirus stuff has put a bit of a downer on all my plans. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

i'll get back to the forum as and when things are a bit clearer

Take Care

G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of advice required please!!!!   Lots of advice required please!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots of advice required please!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA FORUM :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to:  
Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com