Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

travelrepublic january sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

travelrepublic january sale _
PostSubject: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

i see tr are advertising their january sale on their website,i assume it starts on the 1st.
it says that the sale is on until the 11th,might be worth keeping an eye open folks santa
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 pm

I'll have a look -

if a big difference, may be worth cancelling my hotel and re-booking with TR as I've not paid deposit smile
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:45 pm

I have been keeping an eye on prices but the ones I was looking at aren't any cheaper.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Ill be looking

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:16 pm

The important thing is to get your flights booked-soonest.Lots of accommodation to book subsequently.TR was 15% reduction before Christmas that is fair enough.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm

well i must say i'm a bit disappointed with tr's january sale,they advertise 25 % off but the prices don't seem to have dropped that much and i check them a couple of times a day.
it's not just travelrepublic though,as i check quite a few sites regularly,maybe there's not going to be any real bargains.
still we have a few months to see what happens yet deckchair
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Well I dont know what we will be doing this year, last year was very expensive for us and I wont be paying it again for Mallorca to be honest.

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm

well we booked a 2 night stay at the son matias in feb back last year,also a 6 night stay at ca'n picafort on june 18th(6 nights h/b,bristol flights) for £480,which we thought was a good deal.
i think we paid about £200 for the feb break,not too bad i suppose considering you wouldn't go far with £200 to spend on a uk break for a thurs to sat break.both above holidays do not include transfers btw.
it's more the oct meet up deals i'm looking for atm,very poor i think.
we have not enough holidays left in work to squeeze a week away in greece this year too,though we might get away for a long weekend to benidorm or palma nova if the son matias do another end of season sale in nov,plus we will prob have 1/2 fri-mon breaks with the sun holidays.
then again there's always unpaid leave hehe
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Well Im afraid we are stuck with the summer holidays as our 13 year old is still at school, we paid £2000 for 10 nights H/B for the 3 of us in Magalluf
Ive never paid money like that for Spain before and dont think I would pay it again for H/B

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm

wow,can't say i blame you daryn.
could you not get a/i for that?
i remember the 1st holiday we did diy at the son matias in june where thompson's wanted £1300 for the mrs and me for a week,no way was i will ing to pay that.
we did a diy and got the same hotel/flights/dates for £800,plus we did our own transfers which we always do anyway.
how can they justify a £500 mark up,we were not very popular when we told other guests what we paid as most of them had paid the full monty,lol
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 pm

The trouble is yozef H Son Matias is one of Thomson's most heavily booked hotels in Majorca and they can charge just about what they want to and get away with it.And they (TUI) book out nearly all rooms in the hotel.It would be my preferred choice for the October meet-up but the HB prices are just ridiculously high when compared with AI at H Sol Mirlos.Which is why I have already booked the latter through Travel Republic at 15% discount and I am more than satisfied with the price.I stayed at Sol Mirlos for the 2010 meet-up and was well pleased for the money.Internet charges were OTT.Food wasn't up to Son Matias standards (I stayed there a few years back) but as I major on salads and cold food that wasn't too much of a problem.And Son Matias has the sea views.

I have opted for AI at Sol Mirlos in 2011 cos I am drawing my horns in this year.I don't drink cider but lager is good there on AI (Amstel) and if not on AI G&T is nearly 5 euros.The surcharge for AI over HB is very low.

Thomson packages for me are no good cos the outbound flights from Manchester are before 7am and I don't do that.It's different for you cos you are working and you have to maximise your time abroad out of your time off work.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 pm

I always do DIY yosef, done it for years but we had to leave it until nearer the summer as I thought I was going into hospital. DIY was
more expensive I was furious I couldnt believe it ,it wont happen again. I would rather stay in this country than pay that. We are looking
for something different this year as we always go to Mallorca so we will see what happens. But I still have the 3 nighter in October.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: travelrepublic january sale   travelrepublic january sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

travelrepublic january sale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: HOLIDAY OFFERS / TRAVEL AGENTS / HOLIDAY COMPANIES-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com