Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tourist tax 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 10:57 pm

I've just been reading that the Mallorcan Gov't have decided to DOUBLE the tourist tax charge for next year!

What on earth are they thinking of? scratch

So for a 4 star hotel that will now be a €4 per person, per night, charge. With IVA tax at 10% on top of that!
So; €4 x 7 = €28, for 2 people, = €56, + €5.60 IVA, total €61.60!! on top of peoples holiday cost, payable on arrival.

I can see this being a step too far for a lot of people. Far too many other options out there. No
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 8:59 am

Mark,

I saw this too.

I think you are right and that people will choose to go elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 6:27 pm

I hate paying the rate they have now, they are going to kill the place especially with the euro exchange rates

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 8:53 pm

As you have all said what with this double tax plus the pound/euro rate, Mallorca will not be the place most people will want to holiday at in 2018 that is for sure.

HappyH

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:05 am

I was about to book up for Summer 2018 (got to have a trip booked to look forward to) but this has probably tipped me away from Majorca. With the exchange rate / Brexit do they really want any British tourists?
HH.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 7:14 am

Well it appears that Benidorm is tourist tax free so that's a starting point for me to look at for next year.

The figures above I posted, that would be over €120 for a 2 week holiday No

Jeez... imagine having two (adult) kids with you and having to pay for them too. €250 payable upon arrival! Definitely a step too far for most families of 4 I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 9:16 am

We will have to have next year's Majorcaforum meet up in Benidorm then Mark. Thumsup

morebeer meetup drunk beer drinker linedance fainting

Admin
Daryn

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Not forgetting the attacks by locals on tourists because they dont seem to want tourism any more.

The hoteliers seem to know that the brits will boycott the Island http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/848860/Britons-boycott-Mallorca-Spain-holidays-tourist-tax-increase-euros-holidays

Mark as you said Benidorm is a great place, I loved my stay there in June, its great if you like entertainment which I do but the surroundings are not as nice but yes if everyone fancied meeting there next October then I would just because I dont like what Majorca is doing, I think the more people that stop going to Majorca and let them have what they want for a year the better, lets see if they are happy keeping their Island to themselves after a financial dip although it will kill me to miss a year in Maga lol

I am sad about it all I have to say and I can understand them not wanting drunk Brits misbehaving and making a mess, I would hate that too but what about the likes of us that appreciate the beauty and want to sit back and relax, have a drink with friends and enjoy the sun. They are targeting the wrong people and I hope they regret it.

Feel for the local bar/ restaurant owners it will hit them more and without bars the town will die.

GOOD LUCK MAJORCA

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Well said Daryn, repped. clap

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 1:23 pm

I can't afford it Mad

Last edited by Sweety5 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Sweety5 wrote:
I can't afford it Mad

Oh no that's no good.

By the way welcome to the forum Sweety5 wave

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm

I've started to look at Benidorm for a Spring break next year, but Easyjet flights only go up until the end of April at the moment, so am stuck at looking at package deals, which are coming out in the £350 - £450 bracket for a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tourist tax 2018 _
PostSubject: Re: Tourist tax 2018   Tourist tax 2018 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourist tax 2018

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / NEWS & DEBATES SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com