Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Which camera ?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Which camera ????? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Yep its just asked me for my password but its only the one you use to get on our forum you dont have to subscribe.
I think there has been a software update and Ive not looked into them all yet, but there is nothing to pay or anything
folks you just give your log in details as you would to get on the forum, I think its just a security update so we dont get
spam from none members.

Me and my dad on a curry night ,look at the napkin in his top hehehehehe, we cant take him anywhere lol
Which camera ????? - Page 2 Curry_10

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:13 pm

The picture was taken on my brothers phone by the way

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Yep that how we get at our age Daryn, Mrs Delboy won't let me pour the wine any more as it goes on the tablecloth and my meals in their panic
try and get off my plate.

And a few years further down the line that nice Mr Moocher comes a picks you up and takes one to a Christmas Dinner
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:35 pm

Daryn,

This is the one I had, it has a 25mm wide angle lens and a 12 times optical zoom

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-LUMIX-DMC-ZS1-TZ6-DIGITAL-CAMERA-4GB-SDHC-/300507145913?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item45f79f26b9

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Are you going to bid for it H?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:40 pm

nice one big zoom ,oh Ill have to take a look at all these and decide, Im getting to much input now lol

Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:59 pm

delboy wrote:
Are you going to bid for it H?

Not sure delboy, I am getting seduced my the all new and improved more whistles and bells HD movie model.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Didn't the TZ-6 have HD quality video, I thought the TZ-5 did at that time?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 pm

This something that bothers me on my camera, when in video mode if you zoom in or out it blocks the sound,
check it out on this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL6bFvEz1wA

Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:15 pm

delboy wrote:
Didn't the TZ-6 have HD quality video, I thought the TZ-5 did at that time?

No the TZ-6 is standard definition movie, the TZ-5 may have been HD and the TZ-10 is the new version of that.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:16 pm

I just looked H, the TZ-5 had 720 HD but obviously not the now 1080 but TZ-6 did not even have 720 how strange you would
think the next model up would have it
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Daryn I guess the technology was iffy then with zoom and video on digital cameras as my camera will not zoom at all (Instruction book states no zoom in video mode) and one just has to take it with the initially view when the record button pressed.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:06 am

One other thing to think about Daryn, is the weight of the camera you wouldn't want a lb weight in your pocket
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 am

Found this fantastic web site for reviews

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ10_ZS7/index.shtml

http://cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Cyber-shot_DSC_H55/

MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:28 am

Hayzer wrote:

Found this fantastic web site for reviews

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_TZ10_ZS7/index.shtml

http://cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Cyber-shot_DSC_H55/
used this site and the review made my mind up for me as regards what i wanted,just read it all again and boy have i got a lot to learn about my camera,lol.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 am

delboy wrote:
you wouldn't want a lb weight in your pocket
I did have a reply for this but Im not gonna lower myself on the friendly forum hehehe

lol! rolling laughing

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 pm

lol! @ Daryn
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:12 am

Well I have listened and watched the TZ-10 review, not sure all this GPS stuff is a necessity I can image Yosef pointing
this camera and it coming back with 'miles from anywhere' lol. I think they could have worked on the more important things like
the sound quality. Also that jerking on the video. However the zoom quality on the photo side looks great.

I started reading the Sony review but it kept comparing it with another Sony camera and saying functions were not as good.
Why can't they produce a camera with all their best features incorporated in one camera.

I always end up waiting for the perfect camera and it never happens

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:06 am

My answer to the thread topic would be, BORROW MARK'S. photographer rolling laughing

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:27 am

Mick wrote:
My answer to the thread topic would be, BORROW MARK'S. photographer rolling laughing

Yes would you ask Jan to bring a bigger zoom lens to get more close ups of Debs, as we were a bit far down that long table

Last edited by delboy on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 am

I will also ask her to tone down, the pink/orange effect that Debs had as well Delboy. wink :bs$:

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Jealous of my tan were we Mick :£*: wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:31 pm

I said pink/orange Debs not brown. wink

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Hayzer wrote:
It is worth having a camera with a wide angle lens, I would value that more than zoom capability. A camera with an equivalent 25 mm wide angle lens gives a different perspective to pictures. See Yosef's pics as proof of this.

Can you expand a bit on this please Hayzer?
My camera's printed spec says: Taking lens - 5X optical zoom; f/3.5–f/6.19; 35 mm equivalent: 28–140 mm

It also says that on the front of the camera. So I read that to mean that the lens is a minimum of 28mm?

There doesn't appear to be a setting (in scenes) where you can adjust to WA. There's a Landscape setting which obviously widens the aperture, and a Macro one as well which is pretty much the same thing.

Of course I've only got a Kodak here, so a Nikon or a Canon will have more advanced features.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi Mark

It is a figure derived from the days of SLR and still used todat on digital SLR cameras. I think it was the distance from the lens element to the film in old cameras or the distance from the digital sensor in new cameras. The close the distance the wider the angle of view and the more you can get into a shot. 25mm is the the widest I have seen on Digital compacts.

Wide angle lenses tend to distort the picture slightly and horizons appear curved rather than straight. They can also be less than flattering to a persons figure in group photos especially those on the edge of the picture.

landscape taken at 25mm setting
Which camera ????? - Page 2 P1000113

PostSubject: Re: Which camera ?????   Which camera ????? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which camera ?????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com