Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

2017 meet up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Just got back lunch time, had a great time although the weather was terrible for a couple of days, not seen rain like that for years but didnt bother me. Had several nights out with the gang, meals drinkies especially in the piano bar.

Flight going out was really quick, it normally takes us around 3 hours from the NE but they had a 100mph tail winds and we made it in 2 hours 10 minute, couldnt believe it but it was back to 3 hours on the way home. Back in Newcastle passport control took forever.

Back to normal now, Im gutted but more great memories although looked at my photos on got next to nothing, non at all of the gang. Must have enjoyed myself to much hehehehe.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 1:13 am

Yep same as you Daryn haven't got many pics this year, a case of de ja vu I think.
The day you came back was a proper scorcher, felt so sorry for you, you caught the worse 3 days out of our 7.
First two days were good sunny, middle 3 days were rubbish No , last 2 days were good sunny
Flights back for us were all on time etc but we got caught and put into a 'holding pattern' around Gatwick, and went round in circles at least twice for about 40 mins before landing. So we was over Hayling Island after 1 hour and 55 mins, but didn't land until 2 hours 45 mins after take off No
All in all a good trip once again but Majorca is getting expensive again now I think, meals out are about the same cost as here and with some bars charging €4 for a pint in the evenings, I think we'll be looking at other options for next year. Especially with the new rate next year for tourist tax going to be approx €25 each payable on arrival for a weeks stay.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 1:14 am

I'm pretty sure you got a good pic of the rain at Godfathers Daryn on the Sunday when we was watching football?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 2:04 pm

I got a video of the downpour outside titanic bar on my phone somewhere I know that much, Ill see what I can find. Still not done my Tenerife photos yet either because I cant work the transitions on the video editing software.

Debbie well bored with Majorca now, I still love the place but as you say its getting expensive now in bars and only for listening to music. We went to a lovely chill out place on Magaluf beach on our last night, really up market place, I bought a bottle of San Miguel and a baileys for Debbie, the price was just under €8, went to the Piano bar and it was €1 more. Its a bloody expensive that Piano Bar now and its only the tunes and amount of people that make the place TBH.

We also tried the Britania Bar on our last night with Mick and Becky, I bought 2 coffees and 2 Southern Comforts and lemonades. That came to €17 FFS I wouldnt pay these prices here, the Southern Comfort was really weak and small, Ive had this drink in Piano Bar and it comes in a massive fish bowl and is strong.

So yes its wearing thin now. I looked around and didnt recognise anyone in the Piano Bar although I used to always see regular faces.

Our last meal was next door to the Piano bar, I would defo go there again. You have to try this place Mark blows away the steak place in Palma Nova. Its called Las Palmeras squeaky clean inside, nice professional staff we looked at others food as it came it looked amazing.

So yes it will kill me if I dont go next year I think

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Have to say Las Palmeras did look good, the smell from when we was in Piano Bar was amazing, deffo going to try that one, one day.

The other thing about the prices there is that the beer served is generally sub standard to what we get served over here, in fact I'm looking forward to going out tonight to have a 'proper' beer, with a head that lasts all the way down the glass.

Can't say that we are looking at going back next Sep/Oct at the moment, one of those wait and see what the exchange rate etc does for now. We're probably going to do a long weekend there though in March like we did this year, it's only about £100 each and that's all inclusive as well.
Have got Benidorm booked for May 2018.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Love Benidorm its got the best entertainment. My mate is moving over there in the next few weeks, he is a singer and been travelling back and fourth for the last few months whilst he clears his work over here and been gaining work over there. Hom and is partner have just bought their first home together, a tourer for Benidorm going to live on a campsite.

What dates you got in May

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Daryn wrote:
Just booked today, staying at the Sol Barbados for a change, never been there before and at least its a out of the way of the building site (Hotel Jamaica). Paid £246.68 B&B for 4 nights. and not far to stumble from the Piano Bar lol

Just looked at this hotel for next year prices it's £215 £31 cheaper than this year, not booking it just curious. But I might book something if it's free cancellation as it seems alot cheaper to book in advance, just incase

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 pm

I wasn't expecting you to say that Daryn.  wtf Possibly making up for doubling the tourist tax? scratch

Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Might be worth thinking about though.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 pm

After I've been to Benidorm in May (staying at Sol Melia) I will have more points to use up on the Mas rewards card, so probably wont book a hotel until then.
Can't help but think we'll be looking at all inclusive though.
Typically all inc adds about £200 each onto a weeks holiday, but compare that against the €700 + I spent just a few weeks ago on that trip, staying at Saboners on a s/c basis. Even with going out for a drink at night it will still be quids in.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Daryn wrote:
Daryn wrote:
Just booked today, staying at the Sol Barbados for a change, never been there before and at least its a out of the way of the building site (Hotel Jamaica). Paid £246.68 B&B for 4 nights. and not far to stumble from the Piano Bar lol

Just looked at this hotel for next year prices it's £215 £31 cheaper than this year, not booking it just curious. But I might book something if it's free cancellation as it seems alot cheaper to book in advance, just incase

What dates are you looking at for 2018 mate?
Oct 1st is a Monday so would mean flying out in Sep, and hotel rooms are twice the price in Sep to Oct.
I was thinking along the lines might do the meet up effectively the 2nd week of Oct in 2018? Which would be Monday 8th Oct.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeah Ive just checked for the 7th October we are looking at £271 for the two of us just for flights so if you are all going then for a 8th October meet up let me know and Ill grab these before they go up in price

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Ryanair much cheaper £191 96, priority boarding, allocated seats 20kg luggage
Gaudalupe £193.27

£385.23 for 4 nights MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Debbie still prefer going else where but Ive looked at flights all over Spain and believe it or not Majorca is cheaper than anywhere else

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Jeez that's still a lot of money in my book. Is the Guadalupe priced at b & b ?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 12:14 am

I've started a new 2018 thread mate, have booked a 3 nighter Sun 7th - Weds 10th Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 am

Yep bed and breakfast. It's all the extras added on, luggage and you have to pay priority booking if you want to take hand luggage on board but still slot cheaper than easyjet this year

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 4:11 am

I spoke to Jan and we might try the Guadalupe this time round Very Happy wave rules lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 am

You will never be out if the Piano Bar mate. morebeer meetup drunk beer drinker

Admin
Daryn

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 4:51 pm

I like the Gaudalupe still the rooms seem small but Ive never really had a bad time there and it always seems like a good price although the old Trinidad is equally nice now too. If you stay at the katmandu you can use all the facilities free for not much more

Sponsored content

2017 meet up - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: 2017 meet up   2017 meet up - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2017 meet up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com